JC on Jag Newsletter

AML

aka Aston Martin Lagonda
Gorgeous commands a second look
----------------------------------------------------

Dear Aston,

The Jaguar S-TYPE XS Limited Edition - may be limited in numbers, but not in equipment. It's pre-fitted with
a range of features to give it a leaner and sportier street presence.

Available as a 3.0 litre petrol at ?30,995 or with the world-beating twin turbo 2.7 Diesel engine at ?31,895.
Both models include stunning features such as 18" alloy wheels, front and rear parking assist, sports
collection body kit, bright mesh grille, rain sensing wipers, aluminium interior trim and perforated leather
upholstery.

Voted the Best Executive Saloon 2005 by Top Gear Magazine and praised by Jeremy Clarkson as "the best
handling and smoothest riding executive saloon of them all
" the only way to fully experience the Jaguar
S-TYPE is to take a test drive. To find out more about the S-TYPE XS then visit jaguar.co.uk.

Yours Sincerely,

Jaguar Cars
I've just recieved this, is it true or is it a pile of garbage?
And if it is true, have we got some scans of that from TG mag? 8)

I thought there was rules in place to stop people lying about their products like that. I didn't expect Jaguar to do something like this.

They haven't lied...

"Top Gear Awards 2005" actually covers all of 2004's cars.

They're referring to the Jan '05 top gear magazine.

What JC said was "Powered from the twin-turbo V6, when it came, was smooth and strong, and even though Jaguar has done very little to stop this car looking like a pig, they have quietly worked on its chassis over the years, until today it's the best handling, and smoothest riding executive saloon of them all".

The Lexus got the Awards 2006 for Best Exec.

Sorry, but I'm really not wrong here.

Article :

http://img203.imageshack.**/img203/6387/hahaha29qa.jpg

Let's look at one corner again.

http://img203.imageshack.**/img203/1117/hahaha17gn.jpg

And the spine of the issue, to show I'm not talking out my posterior :

http://img203.imageshack.**/img203/6457/thing1zm.jpg

Kebab gud said:
NO .. here is the 2005 cars of the year..
http://img504.imageshack.**/my.php?image=49coty11yp.jpg

no jag there mate..
under men of the year: Danica Patrick

Kebab gud said:
so they have 2 2005 awards? whats the point in that!

I suspect when they did the Cars Of The Year that you posted, they forgot their numbering convention meant it should be Car Of The Year '06.

teeb said:
Sorry, but I'm really not wrong here.

Article :
Let's look at one corner again.

And the spine of the issue, to show I'm not talking out my posterior :

wow....that's pretty definitive right there.

If that's meant to be sarcastic due to images not showing up, they're here, here, and here, in that order.

No, I think No Boss meant that you couldn't really back up your point any better than you did. Well done! :lol:

<Go Jaguar!>

BerserkerCatSplat said:
No, I think No Boss meant that you couldn't really back up your point any better than you did. Well done! :lol:

Heh, hooray! My scanning of magazines and displaying my hands on a scanner to the entire internet was not in vain.

haha, well done.

check out http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,13229,00.html to see his recent views I suppose.

Under "Executive"

1st: BMW 5 Series 3.0d
The 5 is still leader of the pack and the brilliant 3 litre diesel is the one to go for
2nd: Subaru Legacy 2.5i SE
3rd: Mercedes E320 CDI
4th: Renault VEL Satis 3.0 dCi
NO WAY: Peugeot 607 2.2 HDi

Re: JC on Jag Newsletter

Aston Martin Lagonda said:
Gorgeous commands a second look
----------------------------------------------------

Dear Aston,

The Jaguar S-TYPE XS Limited Edition - may be limited in numbers, but not in equipment. It's pre-fitted with
a range of features to give it a leaner and sportier street presence.

Available as a 3.0 litre petrol at ?30,995 or with the world-beating twin turbo 2.7 Diesel engine at ?31,895.
Both models include stunning features such as 18" alloy wheels, front and rear parking assist, sports
collection body kit, bright mesh grille, rain sensing wipers, aluminium interior trim and perforated leather
upholstery.

Voted the Best Executive Saloon 2005 by Top Gear Magazine and praised by Jeremy Clarkson as "the best
handling and smoothest riding executive saloon of them all
" the only way to fully experience the Jaguar
S-TYPE is to take a test drive. To find out more about the S-TYPE XS then visit jaguar.co.uk.

Yours Sincerely,

Jaguar Cars
I've just recieved this, is it true or is it a pile of garbage?
And if it is true, have we got some scans of that from TG mag? 8)
Basically they quoted him giving their car a wrap but I dought they ask for permission. For some reason, I don't think JC would approve of this.

teeb said:
If that's meant to be sarcastic due to images not showing up, they're here, here, and here, in that order.

Ugh...why is everyone so uppity. NO it was not meant to be sarcastic... I chose to delete the photos from the quote, so the page will load easier for people with slower connections....

BerserkerCatSplat said:

Thank You.

No Boss said:
Ugh...why is everyone so uppity. NO it was not meant to be sarcastic... I chose to delete the photos from the quote, so the page will load easier for people with slower connections....

I'm sorry; I didn't mean to come across like that at all. I've just had problems on other forums with imageshack files showing up. Better safe than sorry etc. :)

teeb said:
No Boss said:

I'm sorry; I didn't mean to come across like that at all. I've just had problems on other forums with imageshack files showing up. Better safe than sorry etc. :)

Oh don't worry, you'll find the people on this forum to be a nice group of easy going people. And that says a lot. I used to frequent the VWVortex.com forums, and if you didn't log on there wearing a flak jacket and kevlar helmet, you'll end up walking away half a man.