williestaco.jpg

Yummy steak
Milk_Flavors.jpg

or the milk from the steak cows sister
user_dp.jpg

or the cheese from the milk from the cow
sclub03.jpg

or the leather cloths that woman wear and drive me wild in doing so

none of those have ever been replaced by something that was better then the original, no Veggie burgers, soy milk, or pleather pants have EVER matched the original in any way

so don't tell me to go veggie, ever

... in a '86 BMW M6? Don't think so.
you're recycling...hippie.

also it should be noted that JC doesn't deny climate change or global warming or whatever, he questions the effect humans have and can have on it, and the stupid measures people will go to because they think it's going to save the planet from a natural process.

the "global warming consciousness" thing is just a trend, plain and simple. Companies, governments and individuals are using environmental hysteria to fleece people across the globe when the actual scientific conclusion has yet to be drawn.

Last edited:
you're recycling...hippie.

also it should be noted that JC doesn't deny climate change or global warming or whatever, he questions the effect humans have and can have on it, and the stupid measures people will go to because they think it's going to save the planet from a natural process.

the "global warming consciousness" thing is just a trend, plain and simple. Companies, governments and individuals are using environmental hysteria to fleece people across the globe when the actual scientific conclusion has yet to be drawn.

This really is like debating with a Scientologist who turns up at my door... I'm very clearly at Sweeping Statement Central and rational discussion is just cast to the wind.

OK... for, I think, the fourth and final time, I'm not posting here to uphold the view that it's happening, although I will say that personally I think it's something to consider.

I'm posting to say, is TG going to back itself into a corner by saying that GW in it's entirety, regardless of cause is a myth when it's not a show about weather, and certainly has no resident expertise on the subject. If it does that, it could go the way of other TV presenters who uphold the same view. When was the last time you saw David Bellamy on the BBC?

And y'know, it's a minor point. You really could just say "Nah, I don't think so." and I'd say "Oh, OK. Just wondered." I'm not sure people are reading OR understanding this!

As regards me being a hippie for owning a fuel-munching, smoke-belching 80's performance car that would not be allowed on the road, or anywhere near it if it were sold today... unlike the new M6... errr... yeah, I don't think you've thought that one through either. BMW weren't using recycled materials in the mid 1980's.

why is it that there are a lot more scientists who criticize the relatively unknown "great global warming swindle" than scientists who criticize "an inconvenient truth"?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Global_Warming_Swindle#Reactions_from_scientists

the producers of "the great global warming swindle" even deliberately misrepresented scientists who they interviewed for this "documentary"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Global_Warming_Swindle#Carl_Wunsch_controversy

oh and they had "scientists" in this "documentary" which are known to have been paid for by the tobacco industry to spin the truth for them
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Singer

Last edited:
I'm posting to say, is TG going to back itself into a corner by saying that GW in it's entirety, regardless of cause is a myth when it's not a show about weather, and certainly has no resident expertise on the subject.
Has it done this, tho? Has it stated that Global Warming in it's entirety, regardless of cause is a myth? Because I don't believe it has. Furthermore, Jeremy Clarkson doesn't even hold that opinion anyway. All he's ever said is that he doesn't believe that humans have anything to do with whatever kind of warming is present. So I can't see him changing his tune... Especially to such a degree that it would take over the show.

Has it done this, tho? Has it stated that Global Warming in it's entirety, regardless of cause is a myth? Because I don't believe it has. Furthermore, Jeremy Clarkson doesn't even hold that opinion anyway. All he's ever said is that he doesn't believe that humans have anything to do with whatever kind of warming is present. So I can't see him changing his tune... Especially to such a degree that it would take over the show.

Well yeah, that's what surprised me. I was kind of behind him to a large degree, because he was countering the message peddled out in the tabloids that if you take all large-engined cars off the roads, we don't need to worry about it anymore, which as anyone with half a brain should know, is utter crap. Just another attempt by the tabloids to create yet another social devil, like I say (replacing single mothers, new age travelers, immigrants, "Islamists", and now 4x4 drivers). You know, someone for idiots to kick so that they can feel righteous about themselves.

But at the end of the Polar special, he seems to extend that point, debunking "The Inconvenient Truth" (the Al Gore book). While I can't remember what he said verbatim, it did seem to be a shift towards wholesale denial. I just think getting involved in that end of the debate (and in fact, getting involved in the debate at all) is a weird thing for TG to do.

Defend the rights of motorists certainly, and tell the 4x4 bashers to pick on a host of other stuff before they get round to having a go at car use. But to pick apart the theories surrounding climate change is stretching it. And kind of out of place in TG, as it's a very depressing thought were it to be true. I watch the show to have a laugh.

Another thing that I often wonder about, is the complaints/weirdo letters that they read out on the show - usually from people who are defending a daisy or moaning that they won't review the new diesel Corsa, or whatever. I think it would be more interesting to read out the crackpot stalker mail they get. Some of the people on this forum might, I think, know what I'm talking about... <_<

of course i love cars, but here are 4 things i could not imagine living without

williestaco.jpg

Yummy steak
Milk_Flavors.jpg

or the milk from the steak cows sister
user_dp.jpg

or the cheese from the milk from the cow
sclub03.jpg

or the leather cloths that woman wear and drive me wild in doing so

none of those have ever been replaced by something that was better then the original, no Veggie burgers, soy milk, or pleather pants have EVER matched the original in any way

so don't tell me to go veggie, ever

Right..... errrrrm... what are you on about...?

As regards me being a hippie for owning a fuel-munching, smoke-belching 80's performance car that would not be allowed on the road, or anywhere near it if it were sold today... unlike the new M6... errr... yeah, I don't think you've thought that one through either. BMW weren't using recycled materials in the mid 1980's.
I'll spell it out for you: in buying an old car instead of buying a new one, you're recycling...hippie.:lol:

Global warming, happening because of people or natural climate change, is a great thing. You know how cold winter is here? We deserve a break!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... oh dear :rolleyes: What a classically American thing to say. Tobias Global Warming isn't like a nice cozy heater you curl up to on a cold winter night.

The only thing keeping New York as WARM as it is now is the massive current of warm water that flows past it from the Gulf of Mexico. There is very strong evidence to suggest that Global Warming is going to cause a series of events that will stop that current from flowing in that direction, plunging New York and most of Europe into ice age type conditions. NOT a toasty California summer ROFL.

Last edited:
I'm poor. And i'll go you one better: I don't just live alongside the environment; I live *in* it. And so far i've seen absolutely nothing of concern.

I live in Australia too, 'in' the environment as you state. So, you have "seen absolutely nothing of concern" So no worries then??? Geez, what kind of monumental arrogance does it take to think that what you personally experience can be extrapolated out to the whole world in any meaningful way? I suggest that you must be either:

a) Blind

b) Stupid

c) Inbred

d) A Queenslander (a combination of all three)

I just love it when people with no scientific knowledge or background think they can have an opinion on something they obviously know nothing about, and can't be bothered learning about either. Genius. People denying GW are no different than people denying evolution. Do you want to be lumped in with those morons? :lol:

Last edited:
Apparently he received dozens of complaints when he drove a Land Rover up a hill because it damaged the moss and he was nearly sued because he injured a tree when he drove a Toyota Hilux into it.

There seems to be a hell of a lot of those over-zealous eco types in the UK, more so than here or in the States.

Thing is, you get types who try and make modern amenities like cars and the like more eco-friendly (using more recycled materials, making engines more efficient, etc), and then you get the environmentalists who'd rather you not drive anything at all, returning to the stone age, and are just using the environment as a cover for their Bolshevism (or however you spell it) (and this is from a person who is normally a leftie).

It's getting harder and harder to deny GW, but I think it's inevitable, what with the rising populations (especially in the third world, which will get more industrialised in due time). You can't tell the African farmer they can't buy a car because it'll hurt the planet, when those of us in other parts of the world have had much less efficient cars for decades.

Personally, I reckon global warming isn't entirely caused by what's coming out of the back of the car, after all, what about deforestation? All these trees are gone that used to soak up carbon from the atmosphere, but of course, all the eco-nutters will start prattling on about how using wood in anything is bad, when our society is built around it.

Global warming is happening, but I think people are over-stating the impact it'll have on the world. After all, we'll adapt to change eventually, it's hardly going to be the apocalypse. Replacing your car with an electric bicycle will have a negligible effect on GW. Hell, if an entire city replaced all of their cars, it'd still make very little difference.

For the record, I think the Prius is over-rated, because once you look past the clever hybrid drivetrain, it's a pretty average car, and no-one would buy it if it had a normal petrol or diesel engine. Pretty much the only reason the Prius sells is because of the hybrid.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... oh dear :rolleyes: What a classically American thing to say. Tobias Global Warming isn't like a nice cozy heater you curl up to on a cold winter night.

The only thing keeping New York as WARM as it is now is the massive current of warm water that flows past it from the Gulf of Mexico. There is very strong evidence to suggest that Global Warming is going to cause a series of events that will stop that current from flowing in that direction, plunging New York and most of Europe into ice age type conditions. NOT a toasty California summer ROFL.
uh oh... someone's been watching movies.
:lol:
just love it when people with no scientific knowledge or background think they can have an opinion on something they obviously know nothing about, and can't be bothered learning about either.
what? people like you?

It's getting harder and harder to deny GW, but I think it's inevitable,
you're missing the issue ENTIRELY. only retards who don't actually look at data will argue that the earth isn't heating up, the real debate is to what degree we can actually effect it. Climate change has happened over and over again throughout the planet's life, and even other planets in the solar system are experiencing climate changes RIGHT NOW JUST LIKE US! so while it's obvious our climate has been changing, the jury is still out on whether or not we have had or can have much of an effect.

Many groups are using global warming to scam people out of money or further their own agendas, as evidenced by the "war on cars" waged by greenies around the globe, when in fact cattle produce more greenhouse gases than cars. There is a lot of talk about your "carbon footprint", but even tho I've planted enough trees and plants to afford me a fleet of poorly running Camaros these douchebags still want to tax and charge me upside down. It's all BS aimed at people's pockets and votes.

the argument and issue with global warming isn't with the climate change itself, it's with the people who over dramatize things and exaggerate to their own ends, trying to force their misguided agenda on everyone else.

So all in all, it was a good episode whether or not GW has any effect on us all. Strikes me that only the boffins know. The Beeb are screening the olympic challenge one tonight which I think has been on before. Does this mean there's a new series on the way for us to watch ?

I live in Australia too, 'in' the environment as you state. So, you have "seen absolutely nothing of concern" So no worries then??? Geez, what kind of monumental arrogance does it take to think that what you personally experience can be extrapolated out to the whole world in any meaningful way? I suggest that you must be either:

a) Blind

b) Stupid

c) Inbred

d) A Queenslander (a combination of all three)

I just love it when people with no scientific knowledge or background think they can have an opinion on something they obviously know nothing about, and can't be bothered learning about either. Genius. People denying GW are no different than people denying evolution. Do you want to be lumped in with those morons? :lol:
I started to type up a reply but then I thought "who even fucking cares what you think... Let alone what I think of what you think.

I'll spell it out for you: in buying an old car instead of buying a new one, you're recycling...hippie.:lol:

That logic makes you a bit flowery as well, me old mate (looking at what wheels you have).

That's OK... using that logic we're in good company... AC Cobra owners must be the biggest Grateful Dead fans in the world. Right?

Right.

Going back to the original point, whatever that was, I think everyone - regardless of which side of the GW debate you're on - would crave a 500 BHP engine with a good range that is either zero emissions* or gives you 100mpg or something. I know I would!

When all is said and done the stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones, but because we found something better. And if there's something better than engines powered by fossil fuels out there, bring it on, I say.

(*zero emissions from the car, that is. The problem with the entire concept of an electric car is that it depends on how the electricity was generated in the first place. If it was from a coal fired power station, you're simply passing the buck... and if you're driving a Prius, you don't even get that far...)