Jealousy?

Well, prior to getting my Volvo, I could easily say that everyone I knew had a better car than my Sentra. I wasn't jealous of their cars, because I liked mine, and it didn't bother me.

What would really get to me is when my two friends, one with a Pontiac Grand Prix GXP and the other with a Mitsubishi Eclipse, start talking about how they're going to be buying brand new cars within the next month or so. And I don't mean just their own cars, the guy with the GXP was wanting to get a GTO, but found out he doesn't quite have the funds so he's getting a used C5 Z06. The one with the Eclipse (who doesn't know intake from exhaust) was looking at getting a Lincoln Navigator, then the Lincoln Mark LT, and now has been talking about getting a Nissan Titan.

So, it's not that I'm jealous of their cars, just their funding (here's two guys who don't need a new car talking about getting one, and I was one who couldn't affoard a new car that I needed). Though I think I get more depressed than jealous. We went to car dealerships to fool around on a Friday, and I was still feeling down on Monday. Though, since I was the only one who was 21 years old, I was the only one who could actually test drive the cars :D

Though now that I have my Volvo, I'm feeling much better, and less worried what my friends do with their parents money.

I don't really get jealous. Every time I start to envy another car, I think about how lucky I am that my family has an extra car for me to drive. It probably also has something to do with the fact that I'm already saving up for a car of my own. I already have my heart set on a certain car, so I don't get jealous over other cars, no matter how nice they are. And believe me, there are a lot of nice cars around here!

Am I hallucinating, or does the woot emoticon move around now?

:lol:
I'm happy with the car I currently own - I couldn't afford anything even slightly bigger or better, anyway (In fact, I often think that my current car is way to good in a matter that it is way to expensive or that I wouldn't really suffer from driving a smaller car) I have to admit that I'm a little bit jealous sometimes but that is not so much related to the car in general but more to the sort of people driving these cars - but then I think again and after realising with which enormous maintenance costs they must have to deal with everything's back fine again :)

mautzel said:
:lol:
I'm happy with the car I currently own - I couldn't afford anything even slightly bigger or better, anyway (In fact, I often think that my current car is way to good in a matter that it is way to expensive or that I wouldn't really suffer from driving a smaller car) I have to admit that I'm a little bit jealous sometimes but that is not so much related to the car in general but more to the sort of people driving these cars - but then I think again and after realising with which enormous maintenance costs they must have to deal with everything's back fine again :)

describes your Royale quite nicely :p

bartboy9891 said:
mautzel said:

describes your Royale quite nicely :p

In the end you always come to the conclusion that somehow it's worth it :D

In my experience people in nice cars are usually nice people too.. I have had long conversations with a Flying Spur owner and a F430 owner they like cars and like talking about theirs.. I could almost keep up with the F430 guy.. Almost.. For the first 2 gears :roll: ... He used LC.. Bastard!

No. Just because it is a nice car does not mean I'd want to drive it. I feel sometimes people get cars just for other people. They buy it thinking "What am I going to look like rocking up to a party in one of these". Sometimes the nicest cars I've driven are old and crap.

The best cars to drive have to be company or hire cars though.

I take pride in knowing that I can drive better than most of them.

Many newer sports cars have raced against me but they can never keep up in corners. When it's raining, they're left way behind!

That makes me feel better than driving around in a million dollar car.