jeep tribute

Gold:clap:

Resilient things aren't they. Reminds me of the Charade we took to the dunes.

Time for another adventure soon!

Man, wish I could do something like that!

Great video, great jumps! btw, who's version of "Message in a Bottle" was that?

Man, wish I could do something like that!

Great video, great jumps! btw, who's version of "Message in a Bottle" was that?

the music is by machine head from the burning red Album

Great video, I found this on youtube ages ago and sent it to all my mates. Cheers for sharing.

That was a proper send off! The last couple jumps were nuts :D

Welcome btw :wave:

Awsome video! Didn't expect it to get that much air! I bet the driver and passangers had sore heads for a while, must have been shaken round loads!

I found that on Youtube a while ago as well but I think it was shorter.

Whenever somebody came on to our Range Rover board and complained about how weak unibodies were and how bad they were off-road I would just post that vid.

That always shut them up.

Damn. That thing just kept going and going. I'm impressed.

cheers guy's

yeah it was a harsh landing , without a rollbar we were more worried about nosing in to the ground and flipping it onto its roof and breaking our necks , we thought we would get a couple of jumps out of it but it just kept on going for another 8 or so which surprised us , definately a solid built vehicle

I can say from experience that the XJ has some acceptable off road performance, but I was disappointed in it. The body torques like nothing I have ever seen, when you have the suspension maxed out of opposite travel you better not open the door to spot your tires or you won't get it closed again. The suspension is weak and the front axle will hit the oil pan before the suspension hits the bottom-out pad. For crawling it really needs lockers to get through most stuff even though it does have better suspension travel than many stock SUVs. The rear springs are under designed, and although a heavy rear axle is available, many don't have it. This model has a radiator that is too small for the I-6 and it's prone to overheat (at least where I'm from) the exhaust manifolds tended to crack as well. I found the XJ steering to have a disconnected feel with lots of play, hitting a cross wind at freeway speeds was an exercise in bladder control as well as automotive handling ability.

I'm impressed they avoided catastrophic failure long enough to do that much damage to be perfectly honest. Mine had many failures with pavement and some moderate off road driving.