Jeremy Clarkson and Top Gear Downloads - his opinion

Top gear will never release the full episodes on DVD:

1. it's part current issues. some parts are out of date (i.e. Rover have released a new car etc)

2. there is a canny bit of filler that the beeb can get away with once, but second viewing you just want to skip it.

where as, they could do what HIGNFY did, and have a special feature length - e.g. a two hour show that goes straight to video ( think in the vein of the winter olympics where everything was basically just pissing around but on a larger scale than usual.

Think of like a theme such as the USA...

A big race from San Francisco to Los Angeles in that GT 500
A game of american football.... no... baseball with priuses (would that work?)
A cheap car challenge - V8 muscle cars...... for under $1000
and a crazy challenge... set hammond up on murder charges or something and see if he can outrun the cops - and/or get on the show COPS

Blythy said:
e.g. a two hour show that goes straight to video ( think in the vein of the winter olympics where everything was basically just pissing around but on a larger scale than usual.
You basically discribed Clarkson's videos that he puts out every so often.

I was thinking of the videos but top gear is different - won't have that wierd guitar intro that is only found on clarkson videos, will have all four of them, will be a set format and will look amazing. (top gear is not only one of the best shows on TV, but the camera work is immense. And they don't go for shitty special effects with a small budget, they just go for simple stuff that doesn't cost as much, but looks great (like the filters etc)

I wish they would release them on DVD, although as a license payer I dont feel at all guilty for downloading the episodes.

Does anyone know where I can get a download of the very first episode of the current format?

Cheers in advance

Blythy said:
Think of like a theme such as the USA...

A game of american football.... no... baseball with priuses (would that work?)

No. Baseball is the most boring sport in the world, and playing it with Priuses would make it so boring, time would stand still.

Blythy said:
A cheap car challenge - V8 muscle cars...... for under $1000

Oh God, I can only imagine the junk piles they'd find. "An 82 camaro made entirely of rust."

Well for the record...I'm DLing because it DOESN'T BLOODY SHOW IN BLOODY SWITZERLAND! Man, I hate this country for that! ... Apart from the truly ridiculous 120km/h speed limit and the outrageous speeding fines...which are from a certain point on calculated based on your taxable income :yucky:

120?? And Jezza would have us believe you guys were on war with the Car! Here the fastest limit ive ever seen is 110 :(

(not that it stopped me at all...)

ROFL! I didn't say it would stop me ;)

But one guy that was working for me in my previous job got a fine which was worth 2 monthly salaries...and THAT sucks majorly! So you are somewhat careful when selecting your average travelling speed.

And for the 110 limit in Canada...WTF is that good for? I mean it's not like it's a country that's over-populated...

35 million people in the second largest country!

The 110 is only on the big motorways too, and not even all of them - most commonly its 90... which most dont obey! (Ive got a great clipping from the newspaper... must scan it)

Like everyone else, if TG came out on DVD, UNCUT, I'd buy them for the quality, and for my TG collection (yep, obsessed!).
I pay my TV licence, I watch TG on a Sunday and the repeat on a Tuesday, but it's just not enough. A girl can never get enough Clarkson!!
Downloading is the only way to watch again, and again, and again...!
It is also great to have a TG 'bank' where you can dip in & get bits of info. I find I am always scanning through the programmes to find out daft things like what colour was the toy Porsche they made Hammond drive etc...

I think they should put all the series onto DVDs, not just a highlights mish-mash of what THEY'VE chosen the best bits to be, but to let us choose our OWN, PERSONAL highlights at our own leisure!

Thought control, I tells ya!

Byte said:
Well for the record...I'm DLing because it DOESN'T BLOODY SHOW IN BLOODY SWITZERLAND! Man, I hate this country for that! ... Apart from the truly ridiculous 120km/h speed limit and the outrageous speeding fines...which are from a certain point on calculated based on your taxable income :yucky:

120 is faster than what the majority of the US gets; mostly its 100 k/hr.

I'm used to german highways or austrian ones (where I don't give ashit about speed since I have swiss number plateds :p), so the 120 are just stupid. It's just so much more efficient to be able to put the foot down and eat away the miles at 230+

jayhawk said:
Byte said:

120 is faster than what the majority of the US gets; mostly its 100 k/hr.
55mph (88.5kph) is for the freeway in the middle of the city. Everyone goes 60 tho.

65mph (105kph) is for outside city limits pretty much.

75mph (120 kph) is the max that I know of and it's not in all states.

And since when is 120kph slow? Jeeze. We all don't drive Ferraris. And hell, comon, you can drive from one side to the other of Switzerland in like 10 minutes probably. :lol: Try doing that here. :p Be thankful for 120kph.

Viper007Bond said:
And since when is 120kph slow? Jeeze. We all don't drive Ferraris. And hell, comon, you can drive from one side to the other of Switzerland in like 10 minutes probably. :lol: Try doing that here. :p Be thankful for 120kph.

120 is slow as soon as you have more than 50hp under the bonnet! Believe me - once you have driven your first car into the limiter (and yes, I keep buying german cars even though they're limited to 250)...you will never be satisfied with any speed limit. Ask your friend if he lends you his Carrera 4S and savour the joy of hitting 270.

...and my record for getting from one end of Switzerland to the other is 3h:15min :mrgreen: Ok, I admit that was without any traffic on the road...