Clarkson: Jeremy Clarkson hates you Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having twisty roads wasn't done for the fun of driving. It's a byproduct. The smartest thing to do is build roads straight as an arrow, as much as possible. It costs less money, takes less time to construct, uses less land, and is more efficient.

FordGT said:
If you lived where cars are better, roads twistier and people don't shoot each other every five minutes why would you want to visit. I hate to say it but he's right.

Better Cars? There aren't many examples of truly better cars sold in Europe that can't also be boughten here in North America. We can even buy Ariel Atoms stateside. Sure, Ford sells better cars in Europe then in America, but we still have better cars to choose from then Ford's European products.

As far as shootings go, I don't know what to say. If people really are shooting each other every 5 minutes where you live, I'd say it's time to move. In my 24 years of life in this country, the only story I can tell was the time some gang members shot a parked car down the street when I was living in California. TopGear came to America, went into the deep south, shit all over the local people, and walked away without a single gun shot being fired. But ignorance is hard to break, I guess.

You are a pathetic excuse for an American, where is your bloody backbone. Don't just back down to Clarkson's xenophobic opinion of the nation. Of course, there are plenty of things to dislike about America, but that doesn't mean we agree with outright with Clarkson. Britain isn't exactly perfect, now is it? ;)

I don't mind ribs against the US, but this guy just sounds sad.

I live in America and there are a lot of things I hate about my own country.

The majority of our population is stupid. Driving around even in my own city this is obvious :lol:

The majority of the world's population is stupid. I am sure I can easily find an idiot in any other county.

Most America's are fat. Yup, he's right about that. Big stomach's and fat asses everywhere.

This is not unique to the US. The problem is that our cheap food is god awful stuff filled with fats and sugars, combined with more sedentary life styles. This is a First World issue not an American one.

Our cars suck. He sort of likes the Corvette, and despite what he said about the Ford GT it's still an American car. The interiors(plastics, electronics) of nearly every mass produced car today is made in China yet they don't consider them Chinese now do they.

Speak for yourself, I am perfectly happy with my Mustang. Yes America has produced a lot of crap, but both Ford and GM are rectifying that as we speak. It isn't necessarily an American problem either, Mercedes has, for the most part, been producing junk from the mid-nineties.

If you lived where cars are better, roads twistier and people don't shoot each other every five minutes why would you want to visit. I hate to say it but he's right.

We get most of the European cars which are fun over here cheaper. Yes we don't get a couple Fords, but it isn't that major an issue. Can't get a Focus RS, get a WRX.

I don't understand the last comment. I have been an American citizen for 22 years, living in Colorado and Washington State and have never seen this happen. Perhaps you should move?

Perhaps, violence is something I see everyday. Along with fat American's. You don't honestly believe I wrote that without the slightest bit of sarcasm do you? Come on.

The majority of European cars are better than ours at most things. If you all don't agree with Clarkson and can't find humor in his pokes at America then maybe you should not watch Top Gear. He's just Clarkson.

It's a sad fact though that car companies are indeed making seats larger to fit and American-sized ass, Of course maybe they could make the roof lines a little taller for the Euro ego:mrgreen:

So you're a typical Fremont / Queen Anne Hill hippie.

lol no I'm not but everyone else is.

To another point though, people should stop taking Clarkson so seriously he's just a television presenter so that makes his job ratings. So if he can say things to stir you up he's just doing his job like Bill ORielly or any other talk show host on tele or radio. Plus take into account that the man makeing fun of how stupid and fat Americans are is'nt excatly ready to run a marathon himself either. Nor is he a rocket scientist. So dont you see by getting all mad you've let him win and only helped his rating because like they say theres no such thing as bad press. Or maybe you dont and should be offended.;)

There are quite a lot of things I don't like about Americans, but there again I can think of quite a few things I don't like about English people, I don't know whats better, I don't live in America, I have been there quite a few times, there is some things I prefer about Americans, you can find more people to talk to and they are politer and more helpful.

What are you talking about when you say we can afford to blow away obstacles? You mean we do that? I don't know where you're living but I do see a lot of open spaces, at least in California.

Maybe, somebody from Europe should rebut this.

well, California isn't exactly the best representation of the entire United States. I drive on a roads that they completely split hills through

i suppose you posted this for fun, but as someone said before, you can do that sort of thing in ANY country.

(At least it works in Germany too... funny anyway)

i suppose you posted this for fun, but as someone said before, you can do that sort of thing in ANY country.

(At least it works in Germany too... funny anyway)

Not really, no. If you went around here in Serbia, and asked almost anyone
between the ages of 25 and 65, you'd mostly get correct answers.

Why those ages. Because people older than that were usually born before or during WW2, at a time when few people went to school. Younger than 25 went to school during the 90's wars here, when education was under-funded.

The 25-65 age group grew up when school was compulsory, well funded, and actually did educate people, and there were lots of educational programs on TV.

It's a nice illustration of education which works, and what happens when it doesn't work, in just one country.

I'll take that with a grain of salt.

I'd say the same thing about America as well. But who would waste their time putting up videos of people on the street answering easy questions correctly? There's nothing funny or degrading about that, so it wouldn't end up on YouTube getting embedded on forums across the internet for everyone's amusement.

I'm also gettig a kick out of how US government is making itself look foolish once again with the whole Russian-Georgian conflict. Oh and then we have Mr. McCain trying to act/look all presidential with his "valuable" input. First America convinced rest of the world to finance our debt (exported inflation everywhere), then we brought the Iraq war, and as icing on the cake, US convinced other countries to buy Mortgage Backed Securities - yep mortgage securities on which everyone here is defaulting on. So does US have credibility anywhere in the world these days? 'fraid not!

Went to Woodward Dream Cruise yesterday (showcase of old cars over a 7 mile stretch of road). It was so funny - in a rich town called Birmingham, most people were slim in stature. However, as I made my way South to typical middle class neighbordhoods, I noticed people started getting progressively fatter. The sound of beer farts and exhaust of 67 'Cuda were all rolled into one soundtrack. Go on autoblog.com for pics showing the evidence. Quite lovely!!!

Why those ages. Because people older than that were usually born before or during WW2, at a time when few people went to school. Younger than 25 went to school during the 90's wars here, when education was under-funded.

The 25-65 age group grew up when school was compulsory, well funded, and actually did educate people, and there were lots of educational programs on TV.

It's a nice illustration of education which works, and what happens when it doesn't work, in just one country.

I honestly think you could do this just about anywhere, especially in large cities where its easy to find people with minimal education. Hell, my parents are well educated and I still laugh at them for their lack of general geographic and historical knowledge.

Schools have decided not to bother teaching History and Geography properly, lets get the punters through drivers ed instead. (UK - although we do not do the drivers ed bit, and US I mean here)

I honestly think you could do this just about anywhere, especially in large cities where its easy to find people with minimal education. Hell, my parents are well educated and I still laugh at them for their lack of general geographic and historical knowledge.

Exactly, I watch that and think "hah, that's funny" but if you asked some dumb brit on the street some of those question they'd say something silly too.

Sure, editing footage is nothing new... but, honestly, not knowing any basic fact about the Vietnam war :blink:

Went to Woodward Dream Cruise yesterday (showcase of old cars over a 7 mile stretch of road). It was so funny - in a rich town called Birmingham, most people were slim in stature. However, as I made my way South to typical middle class neighbordhoods, I noticed people started getting progressively fatter. The sound of beer farts and exhaust of 67 'Cuda were all rolled into one soundtrack. Go on autoblog.com for pics showing the evidence. Quite lovely!!!

This a result of cheap food being loaded with sugars and fat. This is why, oddly, obesity is a problem among the poor in First World countries. The rich can afford better foods. Of course education is a large part of this, but consider that the cost of Count Coco's High Fructos Corn Syrup Blamo Random Yumm Yumm Cereal is generaly much less than a bag of apples.

One question. Where do they find so many dumb Americans? Watching that video I did'nt know if I should laugh or cry.

Entire thread:
facepalm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.