Clarkson: Jeremy Clarkson hates you Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griswold

Do you think Michael Richards (of Seinfeld-fame) is generally a funny comedian? Focusing on a particular standup comedy routine, do you think he was funny when he directed racial epithets at a specific class of people? Whether you answer "yes" or "no" to those questions, Richards has the free speech rights to say whatever he wants, even if it offends a class of people.

But in reaction to Richards' "statements", people that were offended by what Richards said exercised their right to disassociate themselves from his offensive speech. By doing so, they exercised something mightier than censorship, they exercised their right to spend their money elsewhere. At this very moment Richards can still say whatever offensive utterance he wants, and he can do it with full protection of the First Amendment, but most people will respond with "not on my dime." Since he can't get a gig, Richards no longer has any opportunity to offend the very audience paying his wages.

We Americans are currently embroiled in a similar situation with Jeremy Clarkson. If you believe he's funny, and aren't offended that he hates you because you're an American, then watch his television show. You may delude yourself in whatever fantasy convincing yourself he doesn't really hate you ("it's tongue-in-cheek", "he's really just jealous", "it's British humor", etc.), but know this fact: he hates Americans, and this means you.

If you think he's offensive, and it's obvious I do, then you need to do something that will allow him to continue exercising his right to spew his hatred of everything/everyone American, while also showing your strength as a consumer. Boycott his television show and tell every station that runs his show that you're doing so. Boycott the sponsors of his television shows, and tell them that you're doing so. Get others of a like mind to do the same thing (that's why I'm doing this). If enough people will "do something", he'll get the point soon enough and he'll either apologize, or he'll go on spewing his hate...but not on my dime.

"I hate the Americans." - "Don't Stop Me Now", written by Jeremy Clarkson

"If you're thinking of coming to America, this is what it's like: You've got your Comfort Inn, you've got your Best Western, and you've got your Red Lobster where you eat. Everybody's very fat, everybody's very stupid, and everybody is very rude. It's not the holiday program, it's the truth."- Jeremy Clarkson

"If this were America, it would be full of people doing... whatever it is they do. Incest, mostly, I think." - Jeremy Clarkson while comparing a rural British village with a rural American village

"...I mean, the Americans are good for a lot of things, incest mostly..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"America: 250 million wankers living in a country with no word for wanker" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Most Americans barely have the brains to walk on their back legs." - Jeremy Clarkson

"In some parts of America they've actually started mating with vegetables." - Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear's Big American Road Trip

"They're made in America, of course, so that fat Yanks can go to the fridge without expending any energy." - Jeremy Clarkson while driving a Segway

"You see, the thing about putting a nice big engine like this on is for one big reason: weight, alot of weight. this big thing weighs nearly 600 pounds, which is the same as putting a whole american on the back" - Jeremy Clarkson

But mostly, I suspect the people who move from Britain to the States do so because they are interested in guns and murdering. - Jeremy Clarkson

"So why, you may be wondering, do I own a Ford GT? That's simple. The body is British, the gearbox is British, the steering rack is from an Aston, the chassis was set up by a couple of guys from Lotus, the wheels are German and the brakes are Italian. The power is American, yes, but it's tamed and sophisticated by Europeans. It's a metaphor, in other words, for the perfect world." - Jeremy Clarkson

*faints at the revelation that Clarkson makes fun of America

This can only end well. I don't know how people here will react to you suggesting people should force him to change his ways. Most of what he says is in a sarcastic way, but you have to admit that some of the things he says are true though, Americans just don't want to believe them...

Give me proof that Clarkson genuinely hates the Americans, and doesn't just exaggerate for comic effect.

Lots of comedians in the UK make fun of the Americans, they're not all Anti-American and "haterz".

Also, have you ever noticed how Clarkson makes fun of the Germans, of the Koreans, of the Japanese, of the French, of the Welsh...for some reason we never have calls for the Welsh to boycott Clarkson*.

possibly because there are 2 too many vowels in Clarkson's surname for their liking

Griswold: wake up, he hates everyone, including his fellow Brits.

Grow a pair.

In a land of free speech you'd think we would be a little more resistant to "foul words".

It's all pretty much true anyway. All WE can do is to not conform to foreigner's stereotypes and PROVE them wrong.

I hate Americans (mostly) too, and I'm glad Clarkson has the stones to call us out. I mean, I've been to the deep south... among the worst experiences of my life. America (my homeland, btw) is automobilogically (new word) backward, making every pass at NASCAR and Corvette not only warranted but necessary.

The worst thing is, what recourse do I have? Oh, yes, you British have poorly maintained teeth! We kicked your ass in the Revolutionary War! We saved your ass in WW II. That's about it.

Really, I'm just perpetually angry about the state of my country and countrymen. I wish I had a televised outlet to shame them out of their failure. But, alas I don't. Also, if I did, I'd probably end up branded a racist or worse.

I hate Americans (mostly) too, and I'm glad Clarkson has the stones to call us out. I mean, I've been to the deep south... among the worst experiences of my life. America (my homeland, btw) is automobilogically (new word) backward, making every pass at NASCAR and Corvette not only warranted but necessary.

The worst thing is, what recourse do I have? Oh, yes, you British have poorly maintained teeth! We kicked your ass in the Revolutionary War! We saved your ass in WW II. That's about it.

Really, I'm just perpetually angry about the state of my country and countrymen. I wish I had a televised outlet to shame them out of their failure. But, alas I don't. Also, if I did, I'd probably end up branded a racist or worse.

We do, its called The Daily Show, why do you think its so popular, because it points out all the laughable things wrong w our own country.

Americans in general really do live in a sheltered, isolated pedestal of a world. I hear so many ppl bitch and complain about problems here which, compared to so many problems in countries elsewhere, just embarasses us. Most of us don't realize how lucky our lives and lifestyles are.

Griswold: For someone living in the last superpower you don't half whine a lot......Its like a horse been embarrassed at the urinals!

Also don't whine to a bunch of Englishmen about been hated! The Scots hate us so much that they want to kill off a 300 year old union, The Welsh hate us so much that they've got to the power of inventing there own language (well by removing vowels) The French hate us, The dutch hate us, the Irish hate us, The Germans hate us, the Australians hate us, Most of Africa isn't all that keen on us, the Indians hate us, the Pakistanis hate us, The Americans properly hate us behind our back......the list goes on

The English are the most hated group of people on earth

EDIT:
If you think he's offensive, and it's obvious I do, then you need to do something that will allow him to continue exercising his right to spew his hatred of everything/everyone American, while also showing your strength as a consumer. Boycott his television show and tell every station that runs his show that you're doing so. Boycott the sponsors of his television shows, and tell them that you're doing so. Get others of a like mind to do the same thing (that's why I'm doing this). If enough people will "do something", he'll get the point soon enough and he'll either apologize, or he'll go on spewing his hate...but not on my dime.
How do you plan on going about boycotting a show on the British Broadcasting Corporation?

Last edited:
Don't forget,
"It's got a flat belly, the only thing in America that has..."
:lol::lol::lol:

Good thing he likes Australians... Oh, wait a minute...

No one would do that, these guys show up and make you buy one
hitlersalute.jpg

I can only assume that Mr. Griswold is from the US... and I think you guys know what happens when you try to force an American to pay a tax...

You get collectively stabbed in the chest with a bayonet. Oh and the French join our side for some reason.

gadsdenflag.png

I don't find it offensive. He hates everyone, and besides, I think most of the time we really deserve it anyways.

But why should I boycott a show just because the host says some nasty things about the country? That means I'd have to stop watching just about everything I like, including the Daily Show and Colbert Report.

If you go through Clarksons media career I am sure you can find more than enough quotes to support him hating every country in the world, including is beloved Britain. If you can't overlook the fact he's saying it for attention and laughs than you need to find a new show.

Oh and clarkson is the american stereotype he just happens to live in the UK. He's fat, stupid, angry, and doesn't give a shit about the environment.

I have such mixed feelings on this topic. American cars could be so much better than they are, but on the other hand, I live in the Detroit area and the sale of American cars is what pays our mortgages and keeps our city (sort of) functioning, and witnessing life in general going so markedly down the tubes here makes it very difficult to listen to such unedited criticism. Jeremy's mindset is established, and even if he did run across a decent American car, I doubt he'd admit it. As far as his comments about us personally, I'm not fat, or in-bred, I don't own a gun, my accent sounds nothing like his exaggeration of it, I have a reasonable grasp of world geography, have a passport, and have been out of the country numerous times (and no one thought I was rude). I'm well-educated by anyone's standards. I'm horrified that anyone voted for George W. I would never, ever, say I hated an entire country-full of human beings. I know Brits take the piss out of each other and it's all ironic and you supposedly don't mean it, but it's a bit devastating to me when I really do enjoy Jeremy (and James and Richard and the rest of you, for that matter) and he has such horrible things to say about me and my fellow citizens. I'll continue to watch Top Gear but it doesn't mean I won't cringe from time to time.

Its the George Carlin rule of comedy if you hit everyone no one can be mad for being singled out. Besides he makes fun of the French and Germans alot more:p

I have such mixed feelings on this topic. American cars could be so much better than they are, but on the other hand, I live in the Detroit area and the sale of American cars is what pays our mortgages and keeps our city (sort of) functioning, and witnessing life in general going so markedly down the tubes here makes it very difficult to listen to such unedited criticism. Jeremy's mindset is established, and even if he did run across a decent American car, I doubt he'd admit it. As far as his comments about us personally, I'm not fat, or in-bred, I don't own a gun, my accent sounds nothing like his exaggeration of it, I have a reasonable grasp of world geography, have a passport, and have been out of the country numerous times (and no one thought I was rude). I'm well-educated by anyone's standards. I'm horrified that anyone voted for George W. I would never, ever, say I hated an entire country-full of human beings. I know Brits take the piss out of each other and it's all ironic and you supposedly don't mean it, but it's a bit devastating to me when I really do enjoy Jeremy (and James and Richard and the rest of you, for that matter) and he has such horrible things to say about me and my fellow citizens. I'll continue to watch Top Gear but it doesn't mean I won't cringe from time to time.

If its worth anything he does rather lake the current (base model) Corvette. Although at the time he thought about buying one his wife was having a anti-american fit due to the war or something.

Personally i hope we survive (as in Michiganders) because A. We have a subtle but unique culture, and B. American cars are FINALLY starting to get really good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.