Jeremy Clarkson on the M5

Re: Jeremy Clarkson on the M5

And then, since I didn?t know where I was, I had to set the sat nav, which meant hitting a knob, twiddling it, moving it to the side and then twiddling it again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was funny.

That man is so angry! and i ****ing love it

:lol: But I really don't understand who wants to buy a 500hp car and then drive it at 400hp

When you're around town and don't want too spin the tires everytime you leave a light :)

Another cool and unique article written by Jeremy. 90% of the time he's bashing the car with it's ridiculous gadgets and then admits it's actually an insane machine in the end.

mathie said:
:lol: But I really don't understand who wants to buy a 500hp car and then drive it at 400hp

That was the whole point of the article...
You have to enable the extra horses. 2 settings of power don't make sense to old people like clarkson.
He should be used to it, after all, he is into the Ipod thing really bad... (Check his column in the TG mag, if you don't know what I'm talking about...)

Buba

i'd be prefering even less power actually
250 hp or so for just driving around, and on the push of a button...it doubels :mouse:

when your driving on the highway you don't need 500hp, would save fuel if you kept it at low power. same thing in the city, plus it will make big difference on the lifecycle of your rear tires

bone said:
i'd be prefering even less power actually
250 hp or so for just driving around, and on the push of a button...it doubels :mouse:

when your driving on the highway you don't need 500hp, would save fuel if you kept it at low power. same thing in the city, plus it will make big difference on the lifecycle of your rear tires

Don't think buyers of that car care about fuel consumption and rear tires.

But if the point of that button is to make it easier to handle, then why not lower it to a reasonable level, like 300. I guess that's what TCS and ESP and all those other gizmos are for. :roll:

mathie said:
Don't think buyers of that car care about fuel consumption and rear tires.

Exactly, they've got the money ;)