Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to answer the door neekid next time and moon them.

Wait...forget I ever said that one.

Fantastic, you've got to love James.

Clueless.

If she'd ever actually watched TG as opposed to hearing about it from God-knows-who, she would have noticed that the racism is infrequent and that the very car she referred to as an inspiration was tested and "approved" this series. And had she watched over six years ago, she'd have noticed a TG presenter falling in love with a car powered by a hydrogen fuel cell.

I don't understand you people at all. I get that you like the show and are bummed that you won't get your fill this week. What would Clarkson need to do for you to simply to want the internal investigative process to go forth, find what happened and determine a proper course of action to take place? In my opinion, this is just another piece of evidence that Clarkson has become a spoiled star that is on the edge of control. If it was Beiber (or any other star type you hate) that did this, a good portion of you would be polar opposite of where you are on the issue and say throw him in jail for a bit. Where do you draw the line on what you find acceptable conduct? Could he have put him in the hospital before you became concerned over the real victim?

Degree and intent matter. Beiber running around like a prima donna and having body guards beat the snot out of people is quite a lot different than giving someone a smack or a shove over a disagreement. This hand-wringing zero tolerance nanny bullcrap that many in the UK have been infamous for, and that which Clarkson is somewhat of an icon for railing against, is a large part of the reason quite a lot of people support him.

Did Clarkson overreact? Yeah, probably. However, the "no harm, no foul" rule tends to apply for quite a lot of people, and the shrill braying of his detractors are considerably more abrasive than anything he's ever done. Give him a fine or some other administrative penalty and be done with the witch hunt, if in fact he actually did anything.

Last edited:
Chris Harris + Jay Kay + Jason Plato

i would watch that...
I would definately watch that as well, but it wouldn't be Top Gear.

Jeremy Clarkson is on the brink of leaving the BBC as witnesses revealed he was suspended after a ridiculous row over a steak.
The Top Gear presenter is being investigated after an apparent ?dust-up? with one of his producers, Oisin Tymon, over being offered only a ?cold platter? for dinner at a luxury hotel.
According to a witness, Clarkson demanded steak after a long day of filming and became furious when he was told that the hotel?s chef had gone home.

Clarkson has admitted there was ?handbags and pushing? over the incident, which took place at Simonstone Hall Hotel in North Yorkshire, but denies claims that he punched Mr Tymon.
The production team had been scheduled to take a helicopter to their next location after filming, and return to the hotel at 8pm last Wednesday.
However, Clarkson kept the helicopter waiting for three hours while he sat in a pub, Channel 4 reported.

The dinner service was cancelled by kitchen staff because the crew were two hours late. Clarkson is then understood to have become embroiled in a row about the dinner with Mr Tymon, whom he blamed for the mix-up.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-offer-cold-platter-dinner.html#ixzz3U7n5jujR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

By 'postponing' or even cancelling the remaining episodes of this season, the BBC are definitively admitting that Clarkson is irreplaceable and that Top Gear cannot go on without him. They're apportioning him much more power than they should.

Last edited:
I think it's a small Citroen from the early 80s.

I distinctly remember adverts for the Citroen Fracas, 1.2 litre...

Okay, now you've done it. Time for giggles:

[video=youtube;F7WC-DU7bAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7WC-DU7bAo[/video]

Gutted that Harry & Paul is finished and now TG possibly. Bring on the Rapture!

You actually have a good point. But for now...we don't even have both sides of the story.

There's generally his side...his side..and the real story somewhere in the middle.

"Understanding is a three edged sword" - a quote that I first encountered in Babylon 5. I don't know if that's its original source, but it certainly applies here.

The people who most often comment in these discussions are those who feel strongly one way or another. Those with a wait-and-see approach, the approach you suggested is wise GRtak, tend to, well, wait and see instead of commenting. The lack of representation for that point of view does not mean no one holds that point of view.

And I shall return to reading and waiting.

It's the Guardian, so I fear she's being serious. I read through some of the comments on there last night (on the main story) and got quite annoyed. Someone quipped "what'll I do on Sunday night now" and the response was to read a book. Nothing wrong with reading- even I do it :), but it's the holier than thou "I'm intelligent because I don't like anything popular" garbage they spout that winds me up.

I feel the same about The Guardian.
So, what's the best UK newspaper to get the news?

Even Popular Mechanics is interested in this story:

"It was all over a catering issue," the unnamed insider told The Mirror. "They came to the end of filming after a long day and Jeremy discovered that no food had been laid on. He just saw red and hit the assistant producer, who he blamed for not having organized the food. He snapped."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/tv/a14501/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-punchout/

Love how that "jornalist" uses a tweet made by Jeremy because James was late to the recording as a "prescient omen". He is so good in is job that he misses the tweet made by Jeremy 3 minutes later saying https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/570529281740136448 "People of Guildford. If you see James May, can you point him in the right direction and ask him to hurry up."

What I can't understand is why the BBC heads couldn't just handle this internally and then privately choose an appropriate course of action instead of blowing it up in the media before a decision was even made and leaving everyone speculating like mad (sorry for the run-ons). What good could possibly come from the hysteria?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.