Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly was offensive this time? The BBC article doesn't say who was offended or have any details.

Last edited:
I feel like they wouldn't axe a series that's been reasonably popular (I was thinking they could continue and get someone to replace Clarkson like maybe Rowan Atkinson since he's a petrolhead), but if it really is the end this sucks.

I feel like they wouldn't axe a series that's been reasonably popular (I was thinking they could continue and get someone to replace Clarkson like maybe Rowan Atkinson since he's a petrolhead), but if it really is the end this sucks.

The trio and the way they handle each other is quintessential for the success of this show. Breaking this up would be fatal.

Now we will never See the 918 vs P1 vs La Ferrari..

Jokes aside, this is not good.

The trio and the way they handle each other is quintessential for the success of this show. Breaking this up would be fatal.

Agreed. Just go back and watch episodes with Jason Dawe instead of James May. Given it was very early, but James seemed to fit in rather quickly and Jason never really did.

Obligatory

Relevant starts at 3:35

Agreed. Just go back and watch episodes with Jason Dawe instead of James May. Given it was very early, but James seemed to fit in rather quickly and Jason never really did.

That's because Dawe was mostly there to present stuff on used cars, which was quickly apparent to be out of line with the tone of the new show. Besides, even though Dawe didn't fit in it doesn't mean that they couldn't find somebody else that could.

I disagree with the consensus here - I think the show could easily continue without Clarkson. They'd just need the right person.

A what now? Sorry non-UKanian here.

He got put on the naughty step for arguing loudly?

Both parties should get their shit together and do the fans of the show a favor and get on with it.

they can sort it out at the pub after the recording.

Well that's one way for Ferrari to avoid doing the race.

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

I hate to start making a wishlist on new presenters, when Top Gear could end up being back as before eventually (and the audience cheers will be even louder), but personally I would want some members of old Top Gear to return. If only Fifth Gear stayed cancelled, Tiff Needell would be my number one choice.

What the bloody hell went wrong now? Because of this, 750 million viewers are left without a show to watch on Sunday night. I seriously hope they sort this out quick and the show is broadcast next Sunday at least.

Till then, at least we have Fifth Gear.

Okay. Let's be cool about this:

1. They said the episode wouldn't air this Sunday; they *didn't* say the show was cancelled. This would suggest a problem in production of the episode.
2. As the studio audience stuff is usually shot on Wednesday, the incident most likely did not involve a member of the public.
3. At least three members of the production team are women. Given Jeremy's penchant for juvenile behaviour, he may have wanted to put something in the script that people thought was undeniably offensive in the current anti-chauvinist environment of the BBC, hence the row (and only Mr. Clarkson being suspended).
4. They *may* be able to salvage the rest of the series by cancelling the studio audience / SIARPC shoots and running with Hammond and May only, introducing the filmed segments which included Clarkson (and allow them to get a few snarks off).

No way Hammond and May stick around if Clarkson is off the show. And assuming it wasn't Wilman who got into this "fracas" with Clarkson, Wilman won't stick around either. They'll all four either stop presenting or (and I can see Clarkson's stubbornness making it happen) they find a new home (with a new name) on Sky or Channel 4 or some other place. They're too big commercially to not find a new home.

Could be a cheeky way to give them an extra week to get the Laugherrari/P1/918 film shot... naw... he called someone a name... it's what he does...

tumblr_m9l304sW3X1qg4c28.gif

What does this mean for Top Gear Live? Maybe the suspension will end before they go to Belfast but if it doesn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.