Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still maintain that the producers and executives share the blame. Who wouldn't be on edge if you were made to apologize for words that were twisted around or not even aired at all? Or having to address people who claimed to be offended by characters on number plates. Even if these instances were even remotely controversial then the producers had the power to prevent it from being aired. They allowed the segments to air so the blame rests with them. Where are the apologies or final warnings for them? Washed away with the dismissal of Clarkson, that's where.

Clarkson is responsible for his actions but those actions were fostered by an environment that was created by executives and producers. They made Mount Everest out of non-issues in attempts to satisfy some members of the viewing public. Today is a victory for overly-sensitive pious imbeciles who are so quick to go out of their ways to find reasons to feel offended. It's a battle they've been waging for years and they finally got their way. I suppose it's too much (and politically incorrect) to ask someone to take a joke anymore.

How the hell did Jeremy get away with punching Piers Morgan, but now the world is ending when he punches some possibly incompetent person nobody has ever heard of? I'm not condoning these incidents, but really.

Jeremy needs to get his shit together, do some reconnaissance with his generals, re-hire the best in the business (Iain May, etc), and get on with it.

But do get your act together first, Jeremy. And DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU LIVE. (Sorry, I'm working out some issues with his poor decision making.)

I am surprised Top Gear went on as long as it did, frankly. With a lead like Clarkson who seems like a loose cannon sometimes, it surprises me this type of event didn't happen sooner. The team had a great run and produced some very memorable telly in the process.

Regardless of whether Top Gear continues, it will be a former shadow of itself. This is the end of an era.

How the hell did Jeremy get away with punching Piers Morgan, but now the world is ending when he punches some possibly incompetent person nobody has ever heard of? I'm not condoning these incidents, but really.

I thought punching Piers was pretty much compulsory once you're within 8 feet of him?

So these people will reject actual reality and substitute their own. The final report came from the BBC right from the top. If you choose not to listen to this part of the media frenzy, then nothing is going to change your mind. If you don't want to listen to it and pretend in your own little world that Tymon is responsible for bringing down Top Gear, then you are a blithering idiot that should learn a harsh lesson in what its like to be cast in the spotlight like Tymon has.

Its YOUR CHOICE who you want to listen to. Do you want to listen to the media frenzy? Do you want to leave an open mind on the situation? Do you want to voice your judgement on social networking? Do you want to discuss it in a mature dignified manner on a message board? The media frenzy doesn't decide that for you. You make your own choices in this world. Some choices in your life will dictate who you are and how you appear to others.

Just look at how many people are calling Oisin a snitch and a rat. We are not talking about rational people. They are shitty uninformed people. Don't try and figure them out...you can't. They will blindly ignore facts because they've already bought into what they previously read.

Well that was a disaster.

I'm trying to think of reasons to watch the BBC now and I'm sadly coming up with diddly squat. Oh well.

I still maintain that the producers and executives share the blame. Who wouldn't be on edge if you were made to apologize for words that were twisted around or not even aired at all? Or having to address people who claimed to be offended by characters on number plates. Even if these instances were even remotely controversial then the producers had the power to prevent it from being aired. They allowed the segments to air so the blame rests with them. Where are the apologies or final warnings for them? Washed away with the dismissal of Clarkson, that's where.

Clarkson is responsible for his actions but those actions were fostered by an environment that was created by executives and producers. They made Mount Everest out of non-issues in attempts to satisfy some members of the viewing public. Today is a victory for overly-sensitive pious imbeciles who are so quick to go out of their ways to find reasons to feel offended. It's a battle they've been waging for years and they finally got their way. I suppose it's too much (and politically incorrect) to ask someone to take a joke anymore.

I'm sorry but those things and this are totally different scenarios.

Yes, when you're on a final strike for things that you likely shouldn't be on final strike for, you'll feel a little on edge. I get that. I also can see how one could think that the producers and execs should have some shared responsibility, but I argue they should only for those earlier things (eg: number plates, etc.). I agree that if they were acting in Jeremy's/the show's best interests, than perhaps they would have made some changes or done additional vetting?

On the other hand, I can easily see why they'd all come to a consensus to do no such thing and let the chips fall when the episodes air - creative freedom and whatnot.

However, I don't get how any of those people's actions/inaction have to do with punching a co-worker in frustration over (allegedly) some ill-prepared/cold food.

Last edited:
What a shame...

72663567JC.jpg

Shows he isn't exactly aching to sever all ties with the beeb, as one article suspected he might. Or maybe it's just for comic effect.

Last edited:
Disappointing but not surprising outcome. It's too bad, but at least Top Gear in its current format is ending on what probably was one of the best seasons ever. Hopefully, we can see Clarkson and co on a different channel later on... but I would be interested at least at first to see what the BBC will do with Top Gear now that Clarkson is out. Feel bad for everyone involved with Top Gear who had no part in this, but I do wish Clarkson and Oisin all the best.

I'm trying to think of reasons to watch the BBC now and I'm sadly coming up with diddly squat. Oh well.

Doctor Who. QI. Only Connect. HIGNFY. Would I Lie to You? Live at the Apollo. Room 101. James May's next special. Richard Hammond's next special.

You're welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Doctor Who. QI. Only Connect. HIGNFY. Would I Lie to You? Live at the Apollo. Room 101. James May's next special. Richard Hammond's next special.

You're welcome.

What a shame...

72663567JC.jpg

Shows he isn't exactly aching to sever all ties with the beeb, as one article suspected he might. Or maybe it's just for comic effect.

Getting divorced, having your mum die and being taken away from the show you basically invented within a short period probably isn't exactly easy to deal with. We should get used to only seeing him once or twice a year on the BBC.

(b) given how long they've been doing TGUK it's probably about time for them to do more solo projects anyway.

Or just sack TG and make a whole new project as the trio. "Tonight, at the "Collision Course": demolition of an old hospital with plasmarocket-powered shovels, with Hamster, Slow and Jezza"

(P.S. Only need to find TV-company that woun't bitch-up every time someone puts a cow up an old camaro)

They don't even need to quit. Their contracts expire next month and they haven't signed new ones.
Nah, that'll be passive. The main gesture is to throw contracts in producer's faces, just few days before expiration.

...not just for the future of the show but so that dozens of reporters spend several days afterwards wiping large quantities of egg from their faces.
Hmmmmm! :rolleyes:

It can only be a prestigious gold plated, diamond filled cock... or a spanner.

No, cock is for Hammond. Spanner symbolises May. It's only *boxing announcer voice (like FATALITY)*[THE HAMMER] in Clarkson's case.

I can't just let anyone off the hook like that for this one incident just because they're normally a good person and they've only publically punched someone in the face once in their life. A workplace incident is a workplace incident and it has to be investigated.

Theese are correct words, sir. Workplace incident has to be investigated. It might happen other way around, that producer was a bully and got what he deserved. Everyone (especially the press) always focus on the one who laid a fist upon someone's face. Mental supression (and/or) using subordination abilities against a person is still a crime.

^ James comments in his epic hat.

Like da boss.

What worries me is that the assault, according to the BBC press release, lasted for half a minute. That's not one punch trown in anger, that's going full hooligan on your opponent.

Re-read your post please. "...the assault, according to the BBC press release, lasted for half a minute." Right, three hooligans said that little boy broke their necks twice and then cursed their mommas.

"BBC press-release" sounds the same as "independant sources". Nobody of us were there holding the stopwatch, so i give 0 fucks to anything they say now.

To sum up this mess, i'd gone with show traditions: Top Gear is dead. Anyway, the new Vauxhall Astra Diesel....

It had to end one day and it was always going to go out in a proverbial 'cloud of controversy'... it was unlikely it would end with a handshake and a painting of a spitfire. He does have himself to blame, but at the same time there's got to be a reason over and above the lack of a steak. Sounds like he's had a year from hell and he needs a break.

He'll be back, with James and Richard, somewhere, somehow. The shake-up might be a good thing. I can hear the Discovery Channel tuning up their accountants as I type.

So, bugger.

And many people actually watch Top Gear not for its content on motoring but for the three characters as hosts.

I mostly used to laugh the hardest at The News.
Second hardest at 'aside' quips during challenges etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.