Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody else think it might be time to wrap this thread up?

Most of the discussion has moved onto other topics such as the future of the presenters, the future of the show and what James May is doing to stave off boredom induced insanity. Surely these topics would be better served in threads of their own.

Most of the discussion has moved onto other topics such as the future of the presenters, the future of the show and what James May is doing to stave off boredom induced insanity. Surely these topics would be better served in threads of their own.

Nah, where else are we going to consolidate the most recent nonsense article.

Yes, but then again all the threads are filled with terrible what if's, conjecture and hilariously illogical silliness.

But then we would just continue this exact same discussion under a different thread name. I rather we continue here, this became our little 'corner in the pub' for random TG and presenter's stuff :)

^Me too. There are still some good articles posted. Kinda surprised how little we're hearing from Richard, though.

Well, I guess I may as well watch An Evening with Top Gear now. I was going to wait until the series was over because I hate spoilers, but since I don't know if/when/how the rest will air...

Started watching the special and immediately stopped to make this. :p (with help from diti's post of CarlaN's Twitter post; see page 81)

stigsad_by_ripplin-d8ojabw.jpg

Last edited:
No one to write his lines for him and he's not getting paid to speak.

Is the nasty really necessary? Maybe like any normal human being would be he's upset that he just lost the job he's had for the last 13 years and he's trying to figure out what's going to happen next.

Last edited:
But what are the chances that it's actually true

The fact is, no one here can even begin to pretend to know how Jeremy's feeling.
All we kinda know is that he's having issues with his wife of many many years, that his mother's gone, and that his prime jewel in television is too.

Thanks, but no thanks. This is the only place where I get relevant articles, and a lot of irrelevant discussion. Extremely approved by me.

But what are the chances that it's actually true

Maybe half true, from having a read of Richards book On the Edge he's a guy who takes his career quite seriously quite a bit more then James May at least appears to do.
It wouldn't surprise me if he's having some very serious discussions about continuing on with Top Gear as it could potentially be quite good for him if it continues to succeed but also I think it's important to remember that it's quite easy for Hammond to just shut himself inside his farm and make all these decisions in private incase he accidentally says something to the press that will damage him or something.

Honestly I hope Richard does not have plans to try top gear alone.

I don't think it would work to his advantage.

Frankly, I think he already gets beat up in his role on the show now. I don't want to hear what would be said if the show didn't turn out very good. I like Richard on top gear. Other things, not so much.

I remember a thread of if one of them have to go who should it be. It was like 99% Richard.

Maybe Andy Wilman should consider stepping back in front of the camera, apparently he is the go-to guy for nudity.

Honestly I hope Richard does not have plans to try top gear alone.

I don't think it would work to his advantage.

Frankly, I think he already gets beat up in his role on the show now. I don't want to hear what would be said if the show didn't turn out very good. I like Richard on top gear. Other things, not so much.

I remember a thread of if one of them have to go who should it be. It was like 99% Richard.

his lowest moment was not the near-death crash, but the Planet Earth Live special. xD

To be fair, that Planet Earth Live thing would have been a fiasco for anyone. Even His Holiness Attenborough would have looked stupid doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.