Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. Recent events have revealed him to be an arse.

What took you so long to realize this? From what I have seen, he has always been an arse. It's just that before this recent incident, he was an arse you would like to have a beer with.

Last edited:
The English police see further on the investigation against former BBC presenter Jeremy Clarkson. According to the police is no reason to take further steps, partly because no one has complained.

The popular presenter of the TV show Top Gear had last month to step down after his employer had established that he had misbehaved in early March in a hotel in the north of England, during recordings for the auto show. Thereby scolded Clarkson producer Oisin Tymon and hit his lip broken. Tymon drove himself to the hospital for treatment and reported the incident not by the BBC or the police. Who has all the fuss in the media have done research, but puts an end to the police now, British media report. The program Top Gear now no longer appears in the version directed by Clarkson that dates from 2002.

He's done some decent stuff too. Brainiacs started with him as presenter, sometime in the early 00s, and the engineering programme he did was proof he can do more serious stuff, too. He just doesn't seem to make good choices regarding what work to undertake, IMO.

I like a lot of stuff Hammond does, Brainiac especially. In fact I started watching Top Gear because I discovered he was on it. (Engineering Connections is excellent too, as was the "Wild weather" series) Ironically I didn't like May at first, and I previously thought Clarkson was a dick. (I still think he's somewhat of a dick now, all be it a very entertaining one) May is the one of the three I'm starting to like most to be honest, Man Lab and Toy Stories were excellent, and his recent conduct in the aftermath has been entertaining and classy.

I think May should give over about the #stillunemployed lark. He's not the one in trouble. Its still possible for him to go on. The BBC don't have it in for him. The #stillunemployed joke has run dry. He's far from being unemployed, unlike me who is and its beyond frustrating.

I think May should give over about the #stillunemployed lark. He's not the one in trouble. Its still possible for him to go on. The BBC don't have it in for him. The #stillunemployed joke has run dry. He's far from being unemployed, unlike me who is and its beyond frustrating.

Yes, he should totally quit doing what he wants because it offends you.

He's already apologized about that and recognized that "real" unemployment is way worse than his situation. He doesn't use it as a technical term describing what you mean, it's just a short way of saying that he doesn't know if or where or how or with whom he'll do anything like he's done with TG for the last years again in the future.

He's already apologized about that and recognized that "real" unemployment is way worse than his situation. He doesn't use it as a technical term describing what you mean, it's just a short way of saying that he doesn't know if or where or how or with whom he'll do anything like he's done with TG for the last years again in the future.

You mean to say that the left wing professional victim squad already whined about it?

Oh you're offended by a Twitter status are you...

People are seriously getting annoyed at some light-hearted fun? If you don't like what he does then don't follow it.

I don't think "no need for further police action" is the same as being "cleared of wrongdoing". Kind of like "not guilty" isn't the same thing as "innocent".

Good.
Now that he's been cleared of wrongdoing, the BBC can bring him back.

No, he *hasn't* been cleared of wrongdoing. All the police statement means is that they see no need for further action, from a criminal justice standpoint.

And the BBC *will not* enter into negotiations for signing JC up (which is the legal way to "bring him back"), because they have to send a message to their on-air staff, contractors and employees that there *are* severe consequences for mistreating employees, and no excuses for it, not even the monetary value of the person doing the mistreating.

BBC can bring Jeremy back, but with one stipulation:
He must perform Tymon's job while Piers guest-hosts the final 3 episodes

So, you want the audience to all punch the presenters instead?

So...Jeremy Clarkson is back at BBC ! Just not Top Gear.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32214799

The controversial broadcaster will appear as the guest host of Have I Got News for You on 24 April.

"Jeremy's contract has not been renewed on Top Gear but he isn't banned from appearing on the BBC," a BBC spokesman said.

And who knows ? With the passing of time and some management change, he might get his job back. It's not like he has not been away from the show before, and later returned to host it but admittedly not in the current circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.