Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't even know how long the suspension is or even if it's going to have an expiration date.

And meanwhile I'm still sore over the lack of a US tour for Top Gear Live...now it's probably never happening regardless.

Last edited:
Doesn't he have Robert Downey/Charlie Sheen clause? Basically he gets paid whether he's on the show or not.

What does this mean for Top Gear Live? Maybe the suspension will end before they go to Belfast but if it doesn't...

Clarkson and Wilman own the non-UK rights to Top Gear and license it to BBC Worldwide, right? Do they also own the rights to Top Gear Live?
i.e. they can go ahead with those things without the BBC?

A loud argument is grounds for suspension and not airing the show? I would have assumed there are a lot of heated arguments during production of the show. We're missing a major part of the story.

Clarkson and Wilman own the non-UK rights to Top Gear and license it to BBC Worldwide, right? Do they also own the rights to Top Gear Live?
i.e. they can go ahead with those things without the BBC?

Depends how hard it is for them to convince him to sell up (hint: some money will probably do it).

What exactly was offensive this time? The BBC article doesn't say who was offended or have any details.

Everything and anything can be deemed offensive by the Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation, unless it is aimed at straight white males. The way they handled Saville and Jihadi John should tell you everything you need to know about the moral depravity at the top of the BBC, and the zealous left-wing fanaticism of its staff.

I feel like they wouldn't axe a series that's been reasonably popular (I was thinking they could continue and get someone to replace Clarkson like maybe Rowan Atkinson since he's a petrolhead), but if it really is the end this sucks.

A loud argument is grounds for suspension and not airing the show? I would have assumed there are a lot of heated arguments during production of the show. We're missing a major part of the story.

I don't think you realise just how despised Clarkson is by the BBC. The only reason he wasn't fired years ago is because Top Gear is their biggest earner. It must irritate them deeply that their best show is the one that defies their cultural-marxist agenda so outrageously, and there are many execs who want to scrap Top Gear entirely.

Top Gear should have moved to another channel long ago. The show got worse as budgets increased, and as budgets increased the Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation insisted on having more and more consultants and producers overseeing the writing. The reason it's so scripted and unfunny these days is because it's no longer a Clarkson show. If he went to SKY they'd still have a decent budget and they wouldn't have a bunch of marxist lunatics breathing down their necks.

Last edited:
Everything and anything can be deemed offensive by the Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation, unless it is aimed at straight white males. ... If he went to SKY they'd still have a decent budget and they wouldn't have a bunch of marxist lunatics breathing down their necks.

Well obviously you're not biased. :rolleyes:

No way Hammond and May stick around if Clarkson is off the show. And assuming it wasn't Wilman who got into this "fracas" with Clarkson, Wilman won't stick around either. They'll all four either stop presenting or (and I can see Clarkson's stubbornness making it happen) they find a new home (with a new name) on Sky or Channel 4 or some other place. They're too big commercially to not find a new home.

With Andy? I just don't see that happening.

Well. Some more detail:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015...tponed-after-jeremy-clarkson-punches-producer

"The Top Gear host has been suspended from the BBC after allegedly aiming a punch at a male producer, in an incident last week.

"The alleged assault was only reported to the corporation yesterday, and BBC executives took the decision to suspend Clarkson earlier today."

That *does* change things a bit. One: we need to find out what kind of punch it was. Two: we need to know what the fight was about.

Consolation: the odds of the show *not* being actually cancelled, ironically, just increased, depending on the ID of the producer. Provided it wasn't Wilman, if the BBC can come to terms with the producer the show can still go on.

If Jezza really tried to (or actually did) punch a crew member during production, he's what he himself would call a blithering idiot. That's the kind of workplace behaviour that would get anybody fired.

If Jezza really tried to (or actually did) punch a crew member during production, he's what he himself would call a blithering idiot. That's the kind of workplace behaviour that would get anybody fired.

Maybe, but it would depend on what, exactly, made JC decide that fisticuffs were appropriate action. That *does* matter.

Came here to see what was going on. More confused now. Still don't know what fracas actually is...

Maybe, but it would depend on what, exactly, made JC decide that fisticuffs were appropriate action. That *does* matter.
Nope. Punching a co-worker, except in self-defense, is not justifyable.

Of course there is the slight possibility that the punch was meant in a playful manner, but not taken as such. You've all seen the sense of humour displayed behind the scenes of the show.

Also: No Jezza, no Top Gear.

Great, first Man United turn to crap and now my favourite show is on the block.

I think Jeremy's said before the only person he's ever hit was Piers Morgan.
So we know if he punches someone, they probably deserved to be punched by every person alive. Twice.

Damn man, I have to agree. :-(

I think Jeremy's said before the only person he's ever hit was Piers Morgan.
So we know if he punches someone, they probably deserved to be punched by every person alive. Twice.
I am all for punching those who deserve it, it's just not acceptable workplace behaviour. Especially if you are in a position to get anyone on the show fired at the snip of a finger. So if it's true, it's stupid, it's unacceptable and we should thank him, not the BBC, for ruining our Sundays. But as I said, only if it's true.

And Piers Morgan wasn't a coworker, so that is still excusable.
Yep. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.