Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
{Feeble attempt to lighten mood} - Couldn't the producer have just waited until after the final 3 episodes aired before he filed a complaint?! Sheesh. Way to look out for the public, dude. {Feeble attempt to lighten mood over}

In all seriousness, if the BBC has a zero tolerance policy like a lot of companies in the US have, he's done. Which means Top Gear's done. It's a sad day.

Came here to see what was going on. More confused now. Still don't know what fracas actually is...

I think it's a small Citroen from the early 80s.

I distinctly remember adverts for the Citroen Fracas, 1.2 litre...

Does anyone have any sense for how much money Top Gear brings in for the BBC? Is it their most valuable brand? It's been watched all over the world for years...

They've been shooting themselves in the foot for a while. Like sending this website a cease and desist, regardless of what it's done to boost popularity of the show all over the world.

But, we don't know the full story, so whether or not the majority of the idiocy lies at Jezza's feet or at those of the people who suspended him, remains to be seen.

I first saw this in my local news site and didn't really believe, so this was the first place to go to verify the news.

I knew that JC was pushing the limits, but I also know that TG is BBC's best selling franchise, so it would take a lot of balls and stupidity to remove Clarkson. Most probably this is just the "final final warning" - see, another of your antics and we can just as well suspend you, not just read a lecture to you, Clarkson. Or to generate controversy, but that isn't BBC.

The articles mention the word "suspended", not "fired", and the show isn't cancelled, just the next episode's fate is unconfirmed yet, so I hope that they are going to make him sit in the penalty box for some time and then the things return back to normal.

Surely if this was really bad, then wouldn't the filming of the remaining series also be cancelled?

I thought Doctor Who was the most popular BBC show.

Someone mentioned "producers of both sexes", so my best bet is some person complaining about not treated like a lady.

Time for another bout of blithering BBC idiocy, is it?

Maybe Clarkson will finally wise up and build his own show in a free country.

Normally, i'd wait to see the details, because as much as i like Jezza and TG, if he's done some seriously wrong, then sure, suspend him, well deserved and all. But, looking at the things he got accused of - things that didn't even get to be aired, things that were not even under his control - i have to say, i'm close to being done with BBC.

I also love how they released a statement, with a word, Fracas, which most people probably don't even know what it means.

Anyone that has been at the recording this or last week? Maybe something happened during record that got cut out and is now interpreted as a "fracas"?

Well. Some more detail:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015...tponed-after-jeremy-clarkson-punches-producer

"The Top Gear host has been suspended from the BBC after allegedly aiming a punch at a male producer, in an incident last week.

"The alleged assault was only reported to the corporation yesterday, and BBC executives took the decision to suspend Clarkson earlier today."

That *does* change things a bit. One: we need to find out what kind of punch it was. Two: we need to know what the fight was about.

Consolation: the odds of the show *not* being actually cancelled, ironically, just increased, depending on the ID of the producer. Provided it wasn't Wilman, if the BBC can come to terms with the producer the show can still go on.

If this happened last week why was it first reported to the BBC yesterday.

Anyone that has been at the recording this or last week? Maybe something happened during record that got cut out and is now interpreted as a "fracas"?
This week's recording is tomorrow/would've been tomorrow. And an article on the last page mentioned it happened last week, but only reported to the Beeb this week.

We're missing the entire story. We only know the result.

And given certain media's campaigns against Jezza, I wouldn't believe those reports when they come either.

Status
Not open for further replies.