Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Jeremy Clarkson push someone in the face if he's pissed? Definitely yes.

Will the BBC bury one of their most popular shows over such an incident? Doubtful.

The task might be now to somehow make JC understand that he's gone too far in a way the public buys it - yet keeping Top Gear alive.

Sounds like quite a task but let's not forget how often Top Gear has already been in critical situations. On the upside Jeremy hasn't irritated a whole country for a change...

Bugger.

I hope they do play the remaining episodes. It's about the only time as a Jeep owner I'd get to barrack for a Cherokee on TG.

Doesn't look good at the moment though.

As an aside, how does this affect the TG Community Forum, and the comps relating to that, and the magazine and the world tours, etc etc? Hmm, there's a lot at stake there.

Chris Harris to replace him? He gets my vote

Did this producer actually made a complaint himself? I wonder if he let the incident slide but someone else informed the Beeb? It did take some days before the management heard about it.

No one can replace Clarkson, even Harris.

Exactly, current TG will die when any of the 3 decide/are forced to quit. Trying to keep it running will not work (doesn't mean they won't try because management and intelligence doesn't mix well) and is doomed to fail. They might kick start it 2 years later with a completely new concept but that's about it, it will be boring and either politically correct OR frantically trying to be edgy. Neither will work.

Last edited:
Meh. What's the fuss about!? - It's just a TV show. - Plenty of other stuff around to be entertained.

I'm confused. Why is a producer thats been with the show 7 years delivering food. Shouldn't that job to to an intern? Or you know...the catering company?

I find it hilarious. I always knew this Top Gear had to go out with a bang and I'm ok with it, it's not like Aston Martin makes cars with wheelchair access.<br />
<br />
This is quite funny btw: https://twitter.com/emclarkson1/status/575422615587811330<br/>

My favorite tweet ever.

Oh, this has 'hatchet job' written all over it. BBC know all too well that they'll be protected against any possible action by Wilman and co. Now, you'd think that Clarkson and Wilman would have good cause to sue BBC for many millions over breach of contract. But then you remember that the BBC is part of the establishment, and the establishments protect their own.

who is "the BBC" actually?
who is the person that took the decision to suspend him?

Does anyone else think Jeremy apt looks like a good snipers location?

Status
Not open for further replies.