Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
So James May basically confirmed the dinner story it's just a matter of which bits are exaggerated and which bits aren't, I wonder what will happen with the films that would have made up the 2 dropped episodes, presumably I see 2 options either they are bumped into the next series or they re shoot the studio stuff and make new episodes.
If it's just a dust up then I guess people just need to be given time to reflect and calm down.
I can't help but find it interesting that this is being taken like "Oh it's another Clarkson controversy, look at the other stuff he's done" this isn't really the same thing, the other times have all been stuff that he said, this is him allegedly punching a producer that's not professional at all and surely Clarkson knows it isn't and someone like him anyone in the business for that matter should know better.

this is what I think may have happened:

The producers were using Clarkson's controversies as a reason for re-negotiating some parts of the new contracts.
Jeremy took exception to this, tempers flared and Clarkson physically threatened the producer who attempted to lord it over him.

edit: or low blood sugar was the culprit. =p

At this point with no other information being available, that's my theory as well.

time to be the asshole again...

we've come a long way if people think offending someone in the media isn't a big deal
but punching someone in the face is.

if you ask me, all the stuff he said in the past (which was all thought-over and calculated) is way worse than punching someone in a reflex...

punching someone is juvenile, but that's it.
sprouting out racist slang and insulting specific individuals through the media, are below the belt-actions and show a total lack of professionalism

(i don't have a problem with the former. people should be allowed to fight eachother!)

Last edited:
oKyodex.gif

So he got hangry and flipped. I can relate to that. Many a time I've reached a point in a day when I either need to eat something or boxing will occur.

Hard to know which way the BBC will run with this. TG is a massive show and the Beeb is in the firing line for so many reasons at the moment but at the same time can they afford to keep Clarkson? But can they then afford not to. The only thing I think anyone can say with any certainty is that this isn't going to be resolved quickly unless they downplay it to the hilt.

"Following an internal investigation arising from reports that Jeremy Clarkson was involved in a physical disagreement with a fellow BBC employee it has been concluded that it was just a case of 'handbags' and both parties have agreed to kiss and make up. No tongues though. No discliplinary action will be taken and the remaining episodes of the current season of Top Gear will be broadcast as soon as the schedules allow."

time to be the asshole again...

we've come a long way if people think offending someone in the media isn't a big deal
but punching someone in the face is.

if you ask me, all the stuff he said in the past (which was all thought-over and calculated) is way worse than punching someone in a reflex...

punching someone is juvenile, but that's it.
sprouting out racist slang and insulting specific individuals through the media, are below the belt-actions and show a total lack of professionalism

(i don't have a problem with the former. people should be allowed to fight eachother!)

It's all propaganda at this point... no one will ever know the full story...

on that note..

It's time for a new network to buy the trio out and call the show "Gear of Top"

Final Gear?

"...both parties have agreed to kiss and make up. With tongues

There's a certain group that would wish, nay pray for the above :p

Not going there.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.......

The three hosts have said that they have an agreement among themselves in case one of them dies. They would mention the death of their co-host, and then introduce the next segment ("Sadly, James May was killed during the filming of that segment. And now, the new Golf..."). Hammond and May should do that here. Mention Clarkson's suspension and then continue the show without him.

One thing that is perhaps not clear is that actually "The BBC" do not give a stuff about the income stream from Top Gear really, after all their jobs are safe and they do not need to make any sort of a profit. The extra money is a nice to have but no one gets promoted to the Big Jobs because they made millions of ?s. The BBC is crawling with Greenies and Lefties who hate the fact that Top Gear is popular; why did someone schedule a documentary immediately before Episode 1 about Motorway deaths, and bleat on about excessive speed then?

who "owns" top gear? not the BBC, right? or do they?

can Sky for instance step up, snatch the 3 presenters (together with Willman etc), and continue making top gear?

even if it's the BBC that owns the name, just name it flop gear or sth, i would still watch!

The BBC does own Top Gear, that's why Fifth Gear is called Fifth Gear as it was meant to be a continuation of old Top Gear.

who "owns" top gear? not the BBC, right? or do they?

can Sky for instance step up, snatch the 3 presenters (together with Willman etc), and continue making top gear?

even if it's the BBC that owns the name, just name it flop gear or sth, i would still watch!

BBC own the show, but I believe Jeremy and Wilman own the international re-broadcast rights, which they license to BBC worldwide.

Yes, so one outcome would be;
-The three presenters take a deal from another channel, go make a show which is Top Gear in everything but name.
-BBC hire three new presenters to continue to front the show called Top Gear but it feels totally different. If they're smart they'd get Chris Harris, but they're not.
-Clarkson continues to make money off the BBC by licensing the international broadcast rights to Top Gear back to them, for smug-value.

Problem would be, the new BBC Top Gear would probably be shit without the presenters. The new show would be in trouble being commercial because any time a sponsor/advertiser complained about some content not being to their liking, some prick producer would ask the presenters to tone it down, and it'd turn into a lame show.

some prick producer would ask the presenters to tone it down, and ..

.. they'd get punched? allegedly for not making food available?

I like the idea of Jeremy, Richard and James going elsewhere and making a Top Gear type show, with a different name, obviously. Then let Top Gear continue on BBC with 3 new presenters, which wouldn't be anywhere near what it is now. BBC hasn't been able to understand that the show became the phenomena it is because of the guys, not because it's a show about cars!! That's why none of the other incarnations have worked, because they don't have Jeremy, Richard and James.

I hate to think about all the hard work that went into making those last episodes, at least 2 of them, only to have them never see the light of day. Hopefully there can be someway to get them released, even if it's just putting the films on the DVD.

:jeremy:"good evening and welcome to the first episode of Next Gear! In this episode James will test a small hatchback against teenagers on skateboards, Hammond will travel to USA to test a sand rail, and I'll try to solve India's traffic jam problem with ingenuity!

:may: Yes but first, we'll take a look at the new Hybrid Lamborghini...

:hammond: ... and hand it over to our tame racing driver: The STOG!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.