Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
i always wonder if those petitions have any real impact... i mean i'm not knocking it.. i definitely signed... but would the BBC really give a shit?

There is of course one way to make it work. which would be to lampshade it to hell and back while the new presenter created chemistry with the other two

:rofl:

YSA60XW.jpg

Jeremy's man boobs are bigger than that.

In a bit late, but it seems to me its most likely blown out of proportion. The description of the incident smacks of Jezza getting a bit worked up and maybe flapping about or pushing someone out of the way and that accidentally making "hand to face" contact with the producer in question. As a bit of clutz myself, I've had stuff like that happen fairly often. Seems pretty silly to me.

As for possible replacement broadcasters, I could see it going to somewhere like HBO or similar. It would suck for it to go to paid access TV like that, but on the other hand HBO would probably just let them do whatever they wanted and it seems to have the same worldwide broadcast structure that the BBC has. It might also be cool to see Netflix or Amazon pick them up as a web only series. Irregardless, there are MANY options for keeping this show going, even its not called "Top Gear" in the future.

BBC Worldwide bought out Clarkson and Wilman's shares in Bedder 6 a couple of years ago.

And the mirror posts it today lol

Two questions occur to me;

1: Was he a "swarthy man"
2: Did Jeremy punch him in the fez?

While I don't see why the shows, temporarily, couldn't be done with just James and Richard, if it's felt a third presenter is needed, I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Evans. He's been on the show a couple of times, the guys have been on his radio show and they all seem to get along very well. He seems to be knowledgeable about cars, and he's funny. He's categorically denied, this time and in the past, that he'd even consider taking it over full time, but for a couple of episodes, I don't see the harm. I just really want to see the last 2 or 3 episodes. The classic cars and the SUV films looked and sounded like they'd be really good.

If Jeremy and the boys do decide to pick up and play elsewhere they need not worry about license infringement if take the Stig along.

They could just change his name to "The Gits."

:lol: That's it. Clarkson is officially 8 years old. What a colossal tosspot.

I don't understand you people at all. I get that you like the show and are bummed that you won't get your fill this week. What would Clarkson need to do for you to simply to want the internal investigative process to go forth, find what happened and determine a proper course of action to take place? In my opinion, this is just another piece of evidence that Clarkson has become a spoiled star that is on the edge of control. If it was Beiber (or any other star type you hate) that did this, a good portion of you would be polar opposite of where you are on the issue and say throw him in jail for a bit. Where do you draw the line on what you find acceptable conduct? Could he have put him in the hospital before you became concerned over the real victim?

No wonder the BBC let the pedophile get away with it for so long, they knew enough of the fans would accept it.

I don't understand you people at all. I get that you like the show and are bummed that you won't get your fill this week. What would Clarkson need to do for you to simply to want the internal investigative process to go forth, find what happened and determine a proper course of action to take place? In my opinion, this is just another piece of evidence that Clarkson has become a spoiled star that is on the edge of control. If it was Beiber (or any other star type you hate) that did this, a good portion of you would be polar opposite of where you are on the issue and say throw him in jail for a bit. Where do you draw the line on what you find acceptable conduct? Could he have put him in the hospital before you became concerned over the real victim?

No wonder the BBC let the pedophile get away with it for so long, they knew enough of the fans would accept it.

+1

I actually wonder if TG would continue with just May and Hammond, would it turn into more of a "car show" than it is now? I feel like it might. It's a shame Clarkson feels the need to be the buffoon both on the show and in real life; when he takes "things seriously" (I guess dinner being one of them, lol) his stuff is very enjoyable, as we all know - the TV specials on various subjects, the column and books etc.

It's also a shame that S22 is canned for now, episode 22x09 sounded like fun, another "cheap car challenge" (with some major cocking about, presumably, but still).

...a great era of motoring show is over.

I think most would argue that has happened quite a number of seasons ago...

You were making some sense up to this point, then it just became ludicrous.

If the 'victim' was truly hospitalized then I would sympathize with him more and probably even agree with the dismissal of Clarkson. But, as the initial reports suggest, it wasn't a major scuffle. To fire Clarkson and essentially decimate a billion-dollar brand over a fracas would be overraction.

So he got hangry and flipped. I can relate to that. Many a time I've reached a point in a day when I either need to eat something or boxing will occur.

Yeah, I think we've all been there.

I remember once when my boys were still in diapers. I had a day where nothing went right.

Stove broke, the power went out for a few hours, couldn't cook or even order anything till really late, kids screaming all day long, hubby (at the time) had the car for work so we couldn't even go anywhere, ran out of diapers, burned my hand trying to improvise cooking, realized the hubby had my credit card so not even able to go to the store, neighbors bitching over something...and finally FINALLY....am able to order food when he got home, only to have the CC declined (can't remember why) so no pizza for dinner. Luckily, the pizza place told me over the phone (finally working) instead of in person.

Because at that point...I probably would have snapped so hard you would have seen ME on the news that night.

You actually have a good point. But for now...we don't even have both sides of the story.

There's generally his side...his side..and the real story somewhere in the middle. I'm holding off on my condemnation or full on fanboy support of Jeremy until I personally know more.

Agreed. It really doesn't make much sense to form strong opinions either way, without more facts.

And I suspect, unless the info gets leaked out, we're not likely to ever hear the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.