Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
screen-shot-2015-03-13-at-2-24-33-pm.png

Top Gear - Sponsored by Snickers.

It sounds like he a long hard day and a bit too much to drink on an empty stomach. He get gets cranky and belligerent when he's had some alcohol , So what? Millions of people do the same and it doesn't end the world. Fine him an put the show back on. The BBC is stupid to let this turn in such a big circus.

Does millions of people doing it make it sensible? I'm always told not to drink much until I get some food in me, because it makes you more inebriated if you booze up to the late hours without eating.

No, it doesn't make it sensible, it makes him human. Most people will admit to having a drink or two before dinner after a particularly shitty day. Its not like he was boozing to the late hours either, he was having a drink to chill out. Its just unfortunate that he behaved the way he did afterwards.

Exactly...but people use the former as an "excuse" for the latter. He's old enough to know how to act like an adult.

Does millions of people doing it make it sensible? I'm always told not to drink much until I get some food in me, because it makes you more inebriated if you booze up to the late hours without eating.

Did I say it was sensible? I said it was common.
Personally, I don't drink at all and I have no patience with rude drunks.

Last edited:
Exactly...but people use the former as an "excuse" for the latter. He's old enough to know how to act like an adult.

Drunks, by my definition, are incapable of acting like adults. they aren't in control of their faculties.
I'm not defending his actions. I'm just sick of seeing him and Top Gear catching hell for stupid crap. People are looking for excuses to get their panties in a twist for no reason, other than the fact they don't like him or Top Gear. I think there's a lot of sour grapes involved.

>sorry for the double post<

Update:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...ll-not-be-scrapped-if-Clarkson-is-sacked.html

Last edited:
As someone who doesn't really drink, I'm sick of people using "well I was drunk, so it's not my fault" excuse. What did they think would happen when they order their 3rd, 4th and 5th G&Ts?

Actually I think the point has already been proven, no Jeremy, No top gear. They can make a new show and call it top gear, but it will never be the same and I don't care who they dig up, they will not be loved like Jeremy, James, & Richard.

If this is really it, it had been a great run and we have around 175 shows packed away, I hope no matter what we get the last 3.

Long forward to reading Jeremy's column.

If all 3 leave the BBC, Top Gear would suck no matter who they replaced them with. It wouldn't be the same and wouldn't last for many series.

Alternatively what if Jeremy isn't sacked but quits the BBC and James May and Hammond continued without him with Andy Willman staying in charge of the show. I don't want to see the big ape leave as much as anyone and Top Gear would be a very different show but I think it would be favourable to all 3 leaving the show and be replaced by who knows what.

I don't think the others would stay. They all knew it would end someday somehow and hopefully they have been preparing.

I hope it is not gone, I don't think they have finished but they are closer to the end every year.

I don't think the others would stay. They all knew it would end someday somehow and hopefully they have been preparing.

I hope it is not gone, I don't think they have finished but they are closer to the end every year.

My husband thinks they should change the format of the show to road trips of the 3 of them instead a car reviews.

Frankly if those three did a cooking show I would watch and I hate cooking shows.

Ahhhh, but he didn't lose.

Ahhhh, but he didn't lose.

Yeah, and it was hilarious
Not to mention that's like an edited down version too, I couldn't find the full segment but at some point James May says something like how can you call yourself a proper chef if you don't drink.

Last edited:
Anyone else read this thread's title, "Jeremy Clarkson suspended over fracas", and imagine Jeremy, in some sort of harness, dangling by wires above something call "Fracas"? Like...maybe it's a city in Finland...

More like Fracas, Argentina... by the neck...

Status
Not open for further replies.