Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
546283quote.jpg

I literally laughed at the comparison.
That 'source' doesn't get it do they...
Even QI could survive if Fry's replaced, but Top Gear wouldn't.

Last edited:
Need a bit of help. It is probably simple and easy but I can not find the place to make a complaint to BBCA. I do not have access to a computer right now and my phone is just not big enough I guess.

I just realized I actually pay for bbca as part of my cable package.

If anyone could find the link or even just the email address, that would be great.

CABN048WwAAbQMu.jpg
with the way Danny Cohen has been treating clarkson and the show JC was parobably looking for a way out. i cant say i blame him to be honest .

Yeah maybe. But blowing 3 almost ready episodes is not "nice" for the audience. He could have done that on the very last shoot - but when I am not mistaken he could have also done those 3 remaining episodes and them just let the contract expire without renewal - he doesn't really safe time here

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...sciplinary-will-reportedly-hear-10108158.html

If what is reported in this article is true then I'm afraid to say he really does have to go and that I have lost a massive amount of respect for the man.

It's a sad fact to face up to but the show has been nearer the end than the beginning for quite some time. That's not to say that it couldn't continue with one if not three new presenters; think of all the bands over the years which have survived changes of personnel and even thrived afterwards. I think the BBC will at least attempt to continue the show simply because of the revenue stream although only time would tell if it can maintain a level of success. Those writing it off just because it might not feature Clarkson do so prematurely to my mind; it is very easy to resist change but new blood might well be the shot in the arm Top Gear requires.

Even if this really is the end then we have been left with a decent legacy as the popularity of car shows has rocketed in recent years and there is plenty of gear head content online and in more mainstream broadcast media.

I genuinely think the show could continue so long as James May, Richard Hammond and Andy Wilman stayed on the show, The show would change but that doesn't necessarily mean for the worse and that's not to say that I want to see the big ape go, certainly not like this but who knows.

Hmm... I'm skeptical about the hospital visit for a split lip. I'm sure if that was true, it would have come out earlier. There would have been physical evidence of the incident.

By the way, how the hell is "Oisin" supposed to be pronounced?!?

I have a lot of Conway and Molloy blood flowing through my veins, but I've never felt less Irish than I do when looking at that name and trying to imagine what it sounds like.

On Radio 4, Brookside producer Phil Redmond said a few things in relation to the Clarkson incident. Copy/pasting from another forum thats discussing this:

- There's a rule in the TV industry, what happens on location stays on location
- Top 2 rules for production when dealing with stars are make sure their car park place is empty and their meals are ready.
- He'd had to deal with multiple cast punch-ups during his time in Brookie

Sorry Phil, but that doesn't mean outside of work we can be free to beat the shit out of each other just because its normal in the TV industry.

On Radio 4, Brookside producer Phil Redmond said a few things in relation to the Clarkson incident. Copy/pasting from another forum thats discussing this:

Sorry Phil, but that doesn't mean outside of work we can be free to beat the shit out of each other just because its normal in the TV industry.

Shit happens, things get said, sometimes stuff breaks. This political correctness utopia people always hold others to (especially ones who do better than themselves) shows just how small people really are. I bet you never pushed someone or said :bad words: in your life, right?

They'll probably replace him with a woman. For balance.

:jeremy:
368210quote2.jpg

Shit happens, things get said, sometimes stuff breaks. This political correctness utopia people always hold others to (especially ones who do better than themselves) shows just how small people really are. I bet you never pushed someone or said :bad words: in your life, right?

Not with work colleagues over work issues while drunk and disorderly, no.

Also to note, that if "what happens on location stays on location", then it certainly hadn't anymore when Clarkson confessed to Danny Cohen.

Last edited:
There are no excuses for workplace violence and bullying. I love Top Gear and I love Jeremy, but if the reports are true, he has to go. Political correctness at the BBC has nothing to do with it. If any of us would pull the same stunt at our workplace, we would be fired as well.

Last edited:
NOT SUSPENDED BY THE SUN: Jeremy Clarkson talks about nature?s battle against extinction

As you may have heard, I?ve been suspended by the BBC following a fracas at a North Yorkshire hotel.

I don?t intend to dwell here on what happened then or what will happen in the future.

I?m sure you?re as fed up with the story as I am.

But there has been one Press report this week that was so wildly inaccurate and wrong that I feel I have to speak out in my defence. The Times newspaper said I had been seen using a bus.

I can assure you that things are bad. But they are not that bloody bad.

One of the things that has cheered me is how many people have expressed support in the last few days. I?m touched and grateful.

There are no excuses for workplace violence and bullying. I love Top Gear and I love Jeremy, but if the reports are true, he has to go. Political correctness at the BBC has nothing to do with it. If any of us would pull the same stunt at our workplace, we would be fired as well.

This assumes that the rumour mongering is actually true, so actually beyond "harsh language after a rough day".

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest, if this is the end of Top Gear, I don't think the BBC could ever get it off the ground as a "reboot" in today's PC times. I can imagine that the selection of the presenters to begin with would be subject to "reflecting the wide range of multicultural Britain, and balancing the varying viewpoints of motoring" (which I'm fine with, so long as those happen to be the "best people for the roles") If a lesbian, a homosexual and a green party member were selected "because they happened to have the best ability and chemistry - then that's brilliant. However often with the BBC these days, you feel they've been selected purely BECAUSE they're homosexual or of an "alternative view".

By all means BBC, make another car show - hell bring back the old format of "Watchdog for car drivers" such a show would be welcomed and useful to many.

However don't pretend it's going to be what the World knows as "Top Gear" because it just won't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.