Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need a bit more background (timeline?) into what BBC have done to wrong Clarkson.

Why is he so fed up with them, specifically?

He's complained about them a lot over the years, from their fanatical political correct-ness to their crazy safety rules to the "unique" way the show is funded.

I think we need a bit more background (timeline?) into what BBC have done to wrong Clarkson.

Why is he so fed up with them, specifically?

they told him "don't" a few times too many...

they told him "don't" a few times too many...

Have they? I mean have the BBC really done to Jeremy Clarkson apart from occasionally bring him in to give him a stern warning for offending some dullards or something? I have a feeling that if Jeremy Clarkson left the BBC he'd discover quite quickly that there aren't really many better options out there for the sort of show he would want to do.
If he offended someone on commercial television they wouldn't give him a warning, they'd sack him on the spot because they'd be afraid of losing advertisers and where else is he gonna go, Netflix? HBO?

the "unique" way the show is funded.

That's just a stock line the BBC has used for years to refer to the licence fee and the fact that their rules prevent them from being seem to promote commercial brands of any sort. If you've read enough of his writing over the years you will know he is a massive fan of the BBC as an entity and the quality of programming and service it delivers.

I think it's the recent changes that have irked him more of late, both in members of management and the whole saga regarding Jimmy Savile which means they are all treading on eggshells trying their best not to get embroiled in another major scandal.

Have they? I mean have the BBC really done to Jeremy Clarkson apart from occasionally bring him in to give him a stern warning for offending some dullards or something? I have a feeling that if Jeremy Clarkson left the BBC he'd discover quite quickly that there aren't really many better options out there for the sort of show he would want to do.
If he offended someone on commercial television they wouldn't give him a warning, they'd sack him on the spot because they'd be afraid of losing advertisers and where else is he gonna go, Netflix? HBO?

i didn't say they were wrong, but i think that's how JC thinks about the BBC, than they've been holding him back for years
and a suppressed person will eventually get fed up with everything...

Last edited:
Wonder if the BBC is going to go after whoever put together that horrid looking "Pseudo-Stig".

It's not the Stig, but it is the Stig's fake looking, very distant cousin...

They blew the costume budget on a tank. I can forgive Crap Stig.

That's not from his official page.

Are you sure? :)
Screenshot_2015-03-20-11-55-2301_zpsyl3rwgn6.png

- - - Updated - - -

I had a different take on the video. I don't think it was necessarily a drunken rant. He's trying to raise money selling a ride on the Top Gear track. So he's playing into the sensationalism of the story and being funny while doing it. He's always used hyperbole and I think this is just him making light of the situation in an over the top way.

i didn't say they were wrong, but i think that's how JC thinks about the BBC, than they've been holding him back for years
and a suppressed person will eventually get fed up with everything...

The BBC have given Jeremy pretty much unprecedented freedom in terms of creative ideas, and pretty much unprecedented freedom when it comes to disciplinary action. They've provided the foundation for Top Gear to become a massive global success and have helped Jeremy to make millions of pounds off of it. I don't think it's fair to say they've held him back at all. If a regular BBC presenter had the track record that Jeremy does, they'd have been let go a long time ago.

That must've been a symbolic box because they still needed almost 1,000 more signatures when I first saw that. Heh.

It has now gone over 1 million with a new goal of 1.5 million.

bbc is guilty and so jeremy clarkson not topgear must go on with all the pepole in all countrys

Sounds like James is getting bored.

InUo10E.png

Sounds like James is getting bored.

InUo10E.png

Hahaha "Followed by Jeremy Clarkson" ... Yeah, at 10 mph. Get a move on Slow.
Oh dear I already miss the banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.