Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the statement from Oisin Tymon in full:
I respect Lord Hall?s detailed findings and I am grateful to the BBC for their thorough and swift investigation into this very regrettable incident, against a background of intense media interest and speculation.

I?ve worked on Top Gear for almost a decade, a programme I love.

Over that time Jeremy and I had a positive and successful working relationship, making some landmark projects together. He is a unique talent and I am well aware that many will be sorry his involvement in the show should end in this way.

CA8yJELUYAAJ7lm.png:large

Last edited:
They can keep making top gear but it will never be the show as we know it. Who knows, all those people belly aching over how the show was going may get the show they want now.

Interesting points:
1. JC was obviously penitent and remorseful about his behaviour. That will help with future relations with the BBC.
2. "Non-renewal of contract" means the door is still open for guest appearances on panel shows like HIGNFY and QI
3. That Hall wants to continue TG means, ironically, that the door is actually still open for JC's return after an extended period BUT there has to be some evidence of penitence on JC's part (e.g. weight loss)

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting points:
1. JC was obviously penitent and remorseful about his behaviour. That will help with future relations with the BBC.
2. "Non-renewal of contract" means the door is still open for guest appearances on panel shows like HIGNFY and QI
3. That Hall wants to continue TG means, ironically, that the door is actually still open for JC's return after an extended period BUT there has to be some evidence of penitence on JC's part (e.g. weight loss)

Or to buy shows from an independent company with a name like Something or Other Productions Limited that happens to have an Andrew Neville Wilman as a director......#

:whistle:

Ideal scenario from here on:
He takes a year or two and does some passion projects - more war documentaries and the like, low pressure, chills out, gets his stupid head sorted out (since he's the only one to blame for all this).
Then re-unites with Hammond and May on a new car show for another channel that becomes the biggest show ever.
And whatever the BBC does with Top Gear now crashes and burns because who gives a fuck.

Ohhhh yes, please!

Last edited:
a good man made a big mistake but imho his behavior afterwards shows that he still is a good man:

- over the subsequent days, Jeremy Clarkson made a number of attempts to apologise to Oisin Tymon by way of text, email and in person; and
- it is the case that Jeremy Clarkson reported the incident to BBC management.

Way to go James. Love the hat btw.

When does his contract expire? If they're not renewing it, that doesn't necessarily mean he's gone right away, does it?

When does his contract expire? If they're not renewing it, that doesn't necessarily mean he's gone right away, does it?

End of this month.....

What's going to happen with the last three episodes, dammit? :mad:

This has been the best season for so long!

I had a feeling this would happen. Still, the last series was the best in years, so they went out on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.