Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now where did I put those old audition tapes.....?

This series was going well, but I won't say it went out on top. Its sad my last memory of Clarkson on Top Gear was him and Hammond being an oaf to James May on the rallycross circuit, when they had no reason to be there.

That sucks. I'm immensely fond of Jennifer and the chemistry between the three is the only reason I continued watching Top Gear long after it left it's original calling as strictly a car show and morphed into something else.

Any new form of Top Gear will be treated like Top Gear USA in my house. Not watching but thanks for the effort.

Reactions: TC
As I said before, JC, RH and JM are a package deal. If you get rid of one, you are getting rid of them all. While JM and RH could come back with someone else, the chemistry that existed between the 3 will not be there. That chemistry is what made the show. On that bombshell, TG is f-cked.

Well, I see TG going on for one more season, with a whole new cast...After the backlash, the BBC will quietly kill it.

It isn't hard to read between the lines with Jame's statement, the 3 of them are gone, after todays announcement, you can guarantee that their agents phone is melting under the strain of the incoming offers, now they get to pick and choose.

I did speak to a family friend in the TV business, he did say that the BBC's hands were going to be tied with this incident, BUT, he had one remark that kind off hit home.

"Who the F*** leaves the catering of the worlds largest show to a f****** pub?"

I get his point, you go on to the set of an American show and there is full catering 24/7, of course the British approach is different, but it does make you think this could all have been avoided with a simple catering truck in place or a kitchen staff being kept over night.

Jeremy had already updated his Twitter thingy.

Clarkson's dismissal is entirely understandable given the circumstances, but my am I disappointed - it's the end of an era for Top Gear. It was such a good season, too - I hope we get to see the rest of it somehow.

Last edited:
Pretty shit way for the show to end.

With that said, BBC probably made the correct decision. You can't verbally abuse your co-worker, deck them, and expect to keep your job even if you are Jeremy Clarkson. I would have said a suspension or steep fine was in order at the least, but firing him isn't outside the bounds of reason.

Alright, my english is rather shit............and it's a long post so bare with me

I've been an avid top gear watcher since 2005, I was in primary school back then. It was midnight and i'm bored so i turn on the tv when suddenly I watch three blokes doing stupid things with minivans, at first i was bewildered with the the show's format because i've never seen a car program like this before but when i watch Hammond crashes his Suzuki minivan....I laugh so hard my stomach hurts, at this moment i knew this show would be awesome. And that turned out to be 110% true, its one of the reasons i switch to cable TV..because of that episode.

I've been watching Top Gear for 8-9 years, and it brought me happiness and lots of laughs, whether its the new episodes or reruns. I don't care, i just watch and watch and watch. i have seen all Top Gear episodes starting with the introduction of James which is from season 3, that's why i've almost memorized every segment from every episode that i've ever seen. Weird, huh. I know.

Anyway, what i'm trying to say is no Clarkson = no Top Gear, no Hammond = no Top Gear, no James = no Top Gear. Right, the show isn't too perfect, but one or two unfunny jokes doesn't make it not good. It's the imperfectness that makes Top Gear simply the best TV Show ever. I really don't want this show to end like this, there must be an ending but not like this. Heck, i rather watch Top Gear forever whether its new or reruns than any other shows on TV. I believe some British TV channel will revive Top Gear with Clarkson, Hammond and May with Andy Wilman only with different name, and I will not watch the new Top Gear with different hosts. because that will be disgustingly, shockingly, outrageously bad

Well, adios Clarkson and adios Top Gear.......for now.

Given Hammond's background in radio it's not outside the realm of possibility, at least in BBC thinking, that he take over as the front of the show and they draft in someone else alongside. He's presented enough stuff on his own to be capable.

Would I continue to watch? Probably since I have watched the show in all its incarnations since the early 80s. Would I enjoy it as much? Probably not but I'd be willing to give it a chance.

I'd really just like to see the last 3 episodes.
I like James' shows but i've stopped watching Richard's

"As much as I think he's a nob, I quite like working with Jeremy" - James May interview.

Somehow that last comment, and the way he said it in all honesty, almost brought tears to my eyes.

Evel, is that a leprechaun Jezza is shooting in your avatar? Kind of appropriate in an "entirely too soon" kind of way. :lol:

Evel, is that a leprechaun Jezza is shooting in your avatar? Kind of appropriate in an "entirely too soon" kind of way. :lol:

I'm not entirely certain if it's a leprechaun or an elf. A fellow member of FinalGear put it together for me as a festive avatar a couple years back, and I've not bothered to switch it since - never thought it'd end up being quite so fitting :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.