Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it could have been avoided, but it still does not excuse the way Clarkson acted. He chose to respond with violence and verbal abuse.

Top Gear, I could see a couple of options:
A: Hammond and May stay on and they experiment with the third host until they find someone with the right chemistry. Show continues on...
B: Three new hosts are taken on and are allowed to develop their own chemistry and personalities. The show limps along for a bit while they and the audience adjusts to the change. Main point being that fresh blood has been injected into the program allowing it to flourish...

I wonder if Jeremy can get a job on Fifth Gear? Is it still being made?

I also wonder what will happen about those Top Gear Live events that have been scheduled and sold.

I agree with James that this situation could have been resolved in a better way than this, but it would have depended on all parties being willing that should happen. But they weren't. So it didn't.

I think people are overreacting about the prospect of a rebooted Top Gear, in that they'll intentionally not watch it under protest. If people can enjoy Top Gear USA, surely they can enjoy a different Top Gear UK.

Another lesson learned from this. Make a mistake and try to do the right thing and get *ucked.

Looking forward to the new show on a network not run by hand-wringing knobs. I hope the HBO rumors are true. Jezza/May/Hammo + unlimited budget + no censors = yes, please.

Who owns the rights to the Stig?

I wonder if any attempt was made by the BBC to resolve the issue between Clarkson and Oisin [eg, find out if he would accept a personal apology, Clarkson agree to anger management counseling, that sort of thing], or did they just do an investigation and then unilaterally make a judgment that has a negative impact on everyone connected to the situation.

Last edited:
It's more than a massive shame that one of my favourite TV shows ever is ending, at least in its current incarnation.

Despite this, I think the BBC had no choice. Clarkson was told very clearly that he was on a final warning and yet he still did this dumb act. Frankly any no-name BBC presenter without Jeremy's fame and who didn't host a show much beloved around the world would long have been sacked if he had the same record that Jeremy has, particularly in the past few years. I find it astonishing that a certain minority of fans are criticising Mr. Tymon and thinking he deserves receiving 20 minutes of verbal abuse and then getting punched for the heinous crime of not providing hot food.

Personally, I think Top Gear can work with different presenters. The trio were excellent for the most part but I think that chemistry could be replicated with suitable replacements. Besides, how many times have I seen people here complain about stupid Richard?

Looking forward to the new show on a network not run by hand-wringing knobs. I hope the HBO rumors are true. Jezza/May/Hammo + unlimited budget + no censors = yes, please.

Oh yeah I can't wait for them to swear effing and blinding and a have a special dedicated to having their cocks on display with no mosaic.

Oh Cock.

Well, it was a good run while it lasted.
By the looks it seems like both Hammond and May are gone as well, as May said in the interview, they are a package deal.

Thanks for all the laughs so far and I hope for many more on a new network and new show.

Long time no see guys.

Just thought I'd pop in and say... It's been good:neutral:.

Bloody hell there's a name from the past? How've you been? And more importantly where the **** have you been?

I'm sceptical it could work anywhere else but the BBC.

They needed the censors to have something to rebel against, and the constant careful dance around the limits was a major contribution to the fun.

I have to say, even though I did sign the petition, in view of the fact that the allegations are not disputed, I feel angry with Jeremy now. In effect, it was he who destroyed Top Gear, and by behaving like a spoilt brat.

The fact that they're actually going through with renewing the show and finding a way to get those last 3 episodes out is admirable, but they're obviously going to be at a gigantic impasse. If they get three new presenters people will complain, if they somehow wrangle Hammond and May back into it and get a replacement for Jeremy people will complain. I can only imagine the staff is going through absolute hell trying to find a solution and I'm not going to be surprised if Wilman's gotta come out and make a statement about it to try to put everyone at ease.

Oh Cock.

No one can replace JC, no one. They should not try this any further. BUT, if they actually are gonna replace him anyway and we can't do cock all about it, I'd really like it to be Chris Harris as I think he's the least worst replacement. We can't find another Jeremy, not in a million years, so just hire a damn excellent car nut like him and make the best of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.