Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
And all the others showed terrible cars that inspire in no way whatsoever, at least not on our side of the pond. Sure some cars are epic but honestly, the US car industry is like British Leyland:

This made me think.

The interesting cars on Top Gear were either Ferraris or products of the German car industry. Both of them have just lost a major PR vehicle.

I would be surprised if they took it lying down.

Ferrari has its organised crime connections and the German car industry pretty much owns chancellor Merkel, who does its bidding like a faithful Darth Vader. Just look at the way Brussels keeps delaying any serious kind of environmental legislation.

Last edited:
I still maintain that the producers and executives share the blame. Who wouldn't be on edge if you were made to apologize for words that were twisted around or not even aired at all? Or having to address people who claimed to be offended by characters on number plates. Even if these instances were even remotely controversial then the producers had the power to prevent it from being aired. They allowed the segments to air so the blame rests with them. Where are the apologies or final warnings for them? Washed away with the dismissal of Clarkson, that's where.

Clarkson is responsible for his actions but those actions were fostered by an environment that was created by executives and producers. They made Mount Everest out of non-issues in attempts to satisfy some members of the viewing public. Today is a victory for overly-sensitive pious imbeciles who are so quick to go out of their ways to find reasons to feel offended. It's a battle they've been waging for years and they finally got their way. I suppose it's too much (and politically incorrect) to ask someone to take a joke anymore.
Whilst I do agree that the production team should have cut out the slope joke, ultimately the responsibility for the words that come out of his mouth are Jeremy's alone, because as we all know it's really his vehicle. He should have realised that on that occasion it was too far and just not said the line, and this latest action is obviously Jeremy's alone to bear.

And as far as I'm aware the Argentina thing led to no issues with the BBC, even if the press went overboard as always.

This made me think.

The interesting cars on Top Gear were either Ferraris or products of the German car industry. Both of them have just lost a major PR vehicle.

I would be surprised if they took it lying down.

Ferrari has its organised crime connections and the German car industry pretty much owns chancellor Merkel, who does its bidding like a faithful Darth Vader. Just look at the way Brussels keeps delaying any serious kind of environmental legislation.
Let's not get ridiculous. Porsche and Ferrari are going to have no problems selling cars without Top Gear. The top models (e.g. La Ferrari) are sold out before TG get their hands on them anyway. Both companies have built up their brands over decades and are not going to suffer from no TG.

Well that was a disaster.

I'm trying to think of reasons to watch the BBC now and I'm sadly coming up with diddly squat. Oh well.

Would you say it is more or less of a disaster than the India special?

It's very disappointing news, but it seems likely the three of them will pop-up on another channel at some point. Now about those last three episodes...

Among the big headlines today about Jeremy, that's the best article I've read.

From Piers Morgan no less. Agreed.

Has Andy or any other member of the TGUK production team said a word about the sacking? I am truly surprised that Andy has been silent on this "fracas" thing.

I have to admit I do feel sorry for oisin after some of the abuse he's had online. I hope he realises that not all TG fans are like that and that every fan base has it's idiots .

I have to admit I do feel sorry for oisin after some of the abuse he's had online. I hope he realises that not all TG fans are like that and that every fan base has it's idiots .

Out of 350-ish million people there are guaranteed to be many thousands with serious mental issues and an absolute lack of personal restraint. It can be (and is) quite appalling.

BREAKING NEWS: TVN Turbo Through ITV to hire Clarkson temporarily to host the international version of a Polish Car Show "Legendy PRL" - Legends of PRL - communist cars. Unconfirmed from ITV source.
legendyprl.jpg

Out of 350-ish million people there are guaranteed to be many thousands with serious mental issues and an absolute lack of personal restraint. It can be (and is) quite appalling.
In those cases and many others, I often wonder how people can become such assholes. :dunno:

I really hope they make another show. This is the only show that was watched by people who aren't even that much into cars.

I thought the last series Red Dwarf had aired on Dave.

It did. But I believe UK TV (which runs Dave - it used to be UK Gold) is part owned by the BBC, so they retain some rights to it - or they "let Dave have it" rather easier than if a rival station looked to air it.

Top Gear is heavily featured on Dave, but depending on how "hands on" BBC are with the channel, even that may end. Certainly Top Gear as we know it is over.

And if Captain Slow goes, that's the end of Man Lab and Toy Stories too. Even The Sky At Night isn't the same without Sir Patrick :(

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/po93kHMDOjs

This is a little longer version of James. The man is a real gentleman.

"I'm sorry i didn't bring you tea today, but we don't have mugs in this house for all of you". What a... I just... he's a...

I cannot describe how polite that was from somebody, who had really enough of them sticky reporters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.