Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might use his new farm for some of this

k_dPvKXV_bigger.jpeg

http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/15216

The police have missed the boat, I think. I don't see any way Clarkson could get a prejudice-free trial now, not after he's already been found "guilty" by the BBC.

I still can't believe how bad the BBC handled this whole situation. They should have finished airing the last two episodes, and ended the show properly.
I can't imagine Jeremy's actions required that immediate cancellation. Btw what's going to happend to the reruns that air at least 10 times a day (at least here in Norway)?.

Last edited:
Let's just call a spade a cunt here.
They weren't "concerned members of the public". They were busybodies who were frothing at the gash at the thought of knocking Clarkson down a few more pegs.

I kinda wish the North Yorkshire rozzers are as quick as the BBC with this investigation; I want to see the mugshot when they haul Clarkson in for assault.

I am reading the latest pages and everybody is completly missing the fcking point. The hotel doesnt matter. The freaking warm food doesnt matter. Even the producer itself doesnt matter.

What
matter
is
why a 1 vs 1 argument, or fight, or bitch slap has to be resolved in a full public manner?

Let them solve their problem in person, in mud wresting or in court i dont care, but dont bring mix that up with a famous presenter or show or public opinion.
This is classic nanny government tactics, forcing a policy down our throats.

Freedom of speech RIP, long live communism.

Last edited:
Freedom of speech RIP, long live communism.

So freedom of speech covers assault?

And the link to communism is?

I love how the current situation bring out the mouth-breathers...

Reactions: TC
So freedom of speech covers assault?

And the link to communism is?

I love how the current situation bring out the mouth-breathers...

Communism in the sense that the government choose what is good or bad for the public. A stupid argumentation over food should never be affecting either party's job. Assault is a personal act. I can punch anybody I want, but I will suffer the consequences, personally, not at my job, even if I am a TV presenter. Else where do we draw the line? If I dont think middle eastern women are beautiful should I get fired? If I hate carrots should I get fired?

Classique tapette de gauche du qu?bec

Assault is a personal act. I can punch anybody I want, but I will suffer the consequences, personally, not at my job, even if I am a TV presenter. Else where do we draw the line?

The whole point is this DID happen at work, in a work environment. Clarkson reacted in a way that would have been a cause for disciplinary action in his contract with the BBC - or ANY large organisation for that matter.

If it was a private matter, that happened when Top Gear wasn't filmed between two blokes in a pub - none of this would have happened.

It didn't - it happened at a hotel paid for by the BBC, after a shoot paid for by the BBC. Although after the shoot it was still on BBC time and in a situation related to work.

Even if it wasn't, just being in a hotel on BBC money and then hitting someone would lead to disciplinary action.

I go away for work, the company pays for my hotel, if I hit someone while in that hotel - even if nobody to do with work, I would be fired. That's because it would reflect badly on my employer.

Reactions: TC
With him in essence being a convicted felon, ITV/Sky/Netflix/insert other channel here would look like clots for offering him a gig.

Netflix would take him. One of their biggest hits - Orange is the New Black - is based on a woman who spent a year in prison for felony money-laundering.

Meanwhile apparently The Times is reporting that May, Hammond and perhaps most importantly Wilman aren't going to continue with the show.

I hope so because while I like James and Richard, I personally find that they can't carry the show without Jeremy - Top Gear: Apocalypse and Top Gear At the Movies rank at the bottom of TGUK programming on my list.

Last edited:
Yep, it happened in a workplace environment is a fair way to describe this.

Jeremy was already given the "final warning".

Not reacting to this in a drastic way would have been seen as "BBC:s final warnings are not worth anything and workers can do anything without a risk of being sacked nor penalized".

That said, I wish JC-RH-JM + Andy Wilman will continue as a package on another channel. I don't care what BBC is going to do with the Top Gear. I'll probably check it out, maybe even watch it.

Just have them make some sort of Christmas special using an independent company which the BBC can buy. Or an interceptors special, although I suspect they won't be able to make that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.