Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how they were throwing around that the host of hignfy was fired and the show went on fine from there? Well I have been watching some off those old shows and some of the new shows and I think firing that guy actually improved hignfy. Not a good comparison at all.

Also, they have been making a big deal out of jeremy want fired, his contract just want renewed. Am I being pedantic or does that mean he could be signed to a new contract down the road? I don't know how those things works, but you can't say no just because it has never been done before. And if it had been done, well, after all this blows over and jeremy had paid his penance, maybe?

I just can not believe he is being allowed to do the live shows albeit with out the branding. And they are saying with all the changes that will have to be made we will not make any money, but it is what the fans want, so we are going to let them have it to make the fans happy.

Now they have figured out a way to give us the final three episodes, in two specials because the fans are asking for them. Yeah, new too, but it just seems to me, if I had killed this version off tg, that would be it and I would be looking ahead to the next version.

It is almost as if cooler heads are prevailing and people are saying, now hang on a minute.

It just makes me wonder if when top gear comes back in 2016 if it May be my beloved show. If I am wrong, that is ok. I just really think Wilman hanging around means something. It could be he was just wanting to get the shows out, but maybe he is being used as a placeholder.

Oh course, I could be all wet, but my mind thinks alot when I make my long drive to work.

I think probably just letting Jeremy's contract expire could have been to do with two factors the first being it was going to run out soon anyway and the Jeremy is preparing for a lawsuit battle made them think not to go down the sack him big and publicly route.

I hope jeremy holds off on his law suit a while. Let things calm down a while.

Maybe he should try what james is doing. Make small videos for YouTube. I would love to see it. On the other hand, it could get him into trouble, so scratch that. (I would still like to see some)

Only in apparently twisted minds of the BBC...sheesh

http://www.theguardian.com/media/20...iplayer-jeremy-clarkson-eastenders-lucy-beale

The figures highlight the huge popularity of Top Gear with viewers, and the tough task the corporation faces after its decision
to drop presenter Jeremy Clarkson following his fracas with producer Oisin Tymon.

Four episodes of Top Gear took the first, second, third and fifth slots in the list of February?s most-viewed shows on the iPlayer.

The BBC played down the importance of Top Gear to the record iPlayer figures, insisting it had been driven by EastEnders.

Of course, I could be all wet, but my mind thinks alot when I make my long drive to work.

Wet or not, I like how it's working in this.

There are always possibilities. It's possible that a private "understanding" could be arrived at between BBC management and the troika to wait for the wind to change and things to calm down, and all three could be re-signed six months down the track for a new TG series [which wasn't due to 2016 anyway], if BBC management were to ease the Clarkson haters out of the picture and ease in some people who have a more dispassionate perspective of the world. It's also possible to have CHM appear in the show without actually being contracted, but free-lance.

Obviously a return of them to Top Gear would be the best result, with Jeremy suitably chastened and perhaps Tymon saying he'd be glad to see Jezza on TG again.

Will it happen? Realistically it's impossible to say, and given the tendency towards blundering about making bad decisions seems to be the default position with some in BBC management we might see future opportunities squandered. Calmer, cooler heads prevailing at the BBC would do much towards undoing the colossal damage that has been done to the TG brand. Anyway, the thing is it COULD be done, if there is the will to do it, and the haters are not allowed in the decision making process.

Last edited:
You know how they were throwing around that the host of hignfy was fired and the show went on fine from there? Well I have been watching some off those old shows and some of the new shows and I think firing that guy actually improved hignfy. Not a good comparison at all.

The HIGNFY comparison has never worked. That show lost only one cast member--what would have happened if Hislop and Merton left as well? That's closer to what happened with Top Gear. And since Wilman probably won't stick around without Clarkson, that makes the comparison even less justifiable.

It's possible that a private "understanding" could be arrived at between BBC management and the troika to wait for the wind to change and things to calm down, and all three could be re-signed six months down the track for a new TG series [which wasn't due to 2016 anyway]...
Obviously a return of them to Top Gear would be the best result, with Jeremy suitably chastened and perhaps Tymon saying he'd be glad to see Jezza on TG again.

That strikes me as the best solution for the BBC. Wait long enough for the controversy to die down, make sure Clarkson has done penance, and then get back to normal. If Clarkson's contract hadn't been up for renewal in the first place, I suspect the BBC would have simply given him a large fine and a prolonged suspension. As it was, their hands were tied. Perhaps Clarkson could first return to the BBC with a documentary on workplace bullying...

Oh course, I could be all wet, but my mind thinks alot when I make my long drive to work.

Might be worth getting the window seals replaced, and in the meantime try not to drive when it's raining.

Oh fuck, I'd forgotten that aspect of Wiggy......

Ever since this all kicked off I have this mental image of Jezza terrorising the hotel like a demented Basil Fawlty.

B_ldMz_WcAAEuf4.jpg

BjRgwsNIQAEzBNv.jpg

thegermans.jpeg

Last edited:
Ever since this all kicked off I have this mental iamge Jezza terrorising the hotel like a demented Basil Fawlty.

B_ldMz_WcAAEuf4.jpg

BjRgwsNIQAEzBNv.jpg

thegermans.jpeg

Ironically Jezza's done all three (with the possible exception of beating a car with a branch)

Oh fuck, I'd forgotten that aspect of Wiggy......

The old Wiggy would have made a completely different comment about her being wet.

He did take a hammer to a Perodua Kalisa that he'd just bought in his Heaven and Hell special. Does that count?

Well he has destroyed at least twenty cars.

Alexei Sayle has a unique take on the whole situation, saying the JC in TG should regenerate like Dr Who :D

Alexei Sayle: it?s time for a Marxist Top Gear
http://www.theguardian.com/books/20...s-time-for-a-marxist-top-gear-jeremy-clarkson

May and Hammond are flogging some bikes at auction
https://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/may-and-hammond-bike-collections-59502/#post2280717

Last edited:
History and info on (former) presenters is not in any way something to hold on to when you're hoping they'll come back.

The main page being changed is a clear indication of what's to come: nothing that would include the 3 boys.

What you say about information on former presenters is accurate but if you actually read the brief article, the timing and wording is strange. Check it out:

"It?s fair to say Jeremy?s not much of a hip-hop fan. So it?s rather a shame he?s not in the office at the moment and we can?t ask him what he thinks of the latest 45 by Lupe Fiasco."

This was posted by TopGear.com four days after he was fired if I'm not mistaken. I didn't expect them to print anything about Jeremy post his termination and I was really surprised by the "at the moment" phrase. I'm not saying this has any particular meaning but it's still odd imo.

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2011/03/29/rapper-jeremy-clarkson/

By the way, their link to the video is dead but here's another one that may work. His line about Jeremy is at around 1 minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVGxrunFcxs

Status
Not open for further replies.