Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like Richard and some of the stuff he has done in the past, he's just too much of light weight.

I'd rather not see him being Top Gear's big cheese, mainly because I don't think his personality is strong enough for it. It would become very generic and watered down.

Can someone please keep the first post updated with what's going on? Or start a new thread? Some of us actually have lives and can't keep up with this exponentially expanding thread. I've only been away like 6 days and already it's grown 15 pages.

Can someone please keep the first post updated with what's going on? Or start a new thread? Some of us actually have lives and can't keep up with this exponentially expanding thread. I've only been away like 6 days and already it's grown 15 pages.

You haven't missed anything important.

[...] I dearly love every single thing that James and Jeremy have done on their own, but what I've seen of Hammond's non-Top Gear stuff has been, well, just barely this side of awful. "Richard Hammond's Crash Course" comes to mind -- I thought that was basically miserable.

In reply to you and some of the other people on here:

I do agree that Hammond's work outside of Top Gear has not been as good as that of Jeremy and James, but it's probably because he has less of a unique character, and that translates into his work. He's kind of an average bloke who happens to make average programmes. The other two have very unique and peculiar personalities that make them equally interesting for very different reasons.

That being said, I quite enjoyed Hammond's Engineering Connections series.

Hammond has done some good stuff like Richard Hammond: The Holy Grail and the 50th Bond special as well as the Meets Evil Knievel thing so I think he does quite well when he does more serious stuff it's just that he does quite a lot of stuff that's like total wipeout which aims at a less mature audience.

Oh, geez! What horrifying thoughts now! Oh, you bet, I could see Hammond moving forward with "the new Top Gear," whether May goes along or not. Indeed, think about all of the "filler" shows that Hammond has done alone (Top 41 segments) or with May (the absolutely DREADFUL "Apocalypse" show) and so on -- I looked into the production companies listed in the credits for some of those, and at least a lot of it was done by "Hammond's production company."

He's done some decent stuff too. Brainiacs started with him as presenter, sometime in the early 00s, and the engineering programme he did was proof he can do more serious stuff, too. He just doesn't seem to make good choices regarding what work to undertake, IMO.

My thanks to Skylock for all those newspaper links.
You are welcome, but I am not actively seeking them out, I have yahoo news alert I set up about 10 years ago and have never turned them off, so, I have just posted them here while I sit and hope.

Given the fact that Oisin Tymon had said he didn't wish for the police to take action on his behalf this isn't very surprising. Even if the force had decided to take it further the Crown Prosecution Service probably wouldn't; Piers Morgan aside it's not as if Clarkson has "form" in this regard or is likely to go out causing ABH to members of the general public.

What will be interesting to see over the coming days is what word, if any, comes from Camp Clarkson. I have thus far attributed his silence on the outcome of the police enquiry but now that is out of the way there really aren't any barriers to him speaking or at least issuing a statement.

Jeremy Clarkson incident update

North Yorkshire Police has now completed its routine enquiries following the incident at Hawes involving Mr Jeremy Clarkson, and we will not be pursuing this matter any further.
North Yorkshire Police

North Yorkshire Police takes a thorough and victim-led approach to all investigations.

Last week, the person at the centre of the incident, Mr Tymon, said that he did not wish the police to take action on his behalf. However, at that point we still needed to speak to some members of the public who were present at the time of the incident, who had been affected by the event, and whose views also needed to be considered.

Now that all the interviews are complete, we have properly established that there is no need for further police action.

7 April 2015, 10.30am
http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/15257

GOOD.

I don't know. Recent events have revealed him to be an arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.