Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
except if she laughs, at which point she reaches frequencies preferred by bats for their echolocation.

My complaint too - 5th Gear is watch-able, bit not always listen-able. Like fireworks, her unnecessary screams do seem to make dogs bark.

Yes, they both over accentuate every syllable a bit too much. I would still do terrible, terrible things to VBH...especially a younger version of VBH. Yummy. :)

All though, this seems to be a pretty recent photo (2 years old, I think, based on the URL)...

Vicki-Butler-Henderson-with-new-Maserati-Quattroporte.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
VBH just comes across as if she's trying too hard... I wouldn't mind her otherwise.
But that's the thing the BBC won't be able to get; three presenters who come across as natural as the old three.

I think if Hammond and May stick around then it'll probably be easier to find someone since you're not so much looking for a Clarkson replacement as you are looking for someone who May and Hammond can work with.
I've had a thought recently about this, there is this general consensus out there that Hammond, May and Clarkson clicked by shear chance of luck and that it would be impossible to repeat the results of such a pairing, just look at the Top Gear spin offs which aren't the same.
But it's not that simple as Clarkson, May and Hammond weren't just 3 names dragged out of a hat and Clarkson being one of the minds behind the reboot of the show had the show built around him so it wasn't a case of finding 3 hosts with chemistry as it was finding 2 hosts who Jeremy liked working with.
In Richard Hammond's book he talks about his audition process with Jeremy and how well it all worked out, I think Jeremy said something about how he liked the way Hammond described where he was from or something and then when it came time to pick May he presumably was someone that Clarkson at least knew a little bit.

I think if they started from scratch it would really be a matter of finding one person, for example lets say only James May decided to stick around what they would need to do is find 2 other guys that would complement May and the same would be for completely new hosts etc. etc.
What they need is a front man.

I sincerely hope this is all a bunch of tabloid horseshit.

EDIT: According to the lady herself it is.

Well since J.C. is not around and I am going through insults and political incorrectness withdrawal, here you go:

Never heard of Sue Perkins before so here's my first reaction:

Sue_Perkins.jpg

As for other replacement options, as long as Tiff Neddledick is not in the running, I'll be content. He is "nails on chalkboard" irritating and reminds me of a ferret or a weasel.

Sneaky_Weasel.jpg
Dos_XX_Weasel.jpg

Now that I got out of my system, let the hate begin. Please insert backlash below...:bangin:

I like Tiff's voice and didn't mind Vicki in the one clip from old Top Gear where she was talking about Skoda. Not seen an episode of Fifth Gear but I probably wouldn't find it that bad.

I think if Hammond and May stick around then it'll probably be easier to find someone since you're not so much looking for a Clarkson replacement as you are looking for someone who May and Hammond can work with.
I've had a thought recently about this, there is this general consensus out there that Hammond, May and Clarkson clicked by shear chance of luck and that it would be impossible to repeat the results of such a pairing, just look at the Top Gear spin offs which aren't the same.
But it's not that simple as Clarkson, May and Hammond weren't just 3 names dragged out of a hat and Clarkson being one of the minds behind the reboot of the show had the show built around him so it wasn't a case of finding 3 hosts with chemistry as it was finding 2 hosts who Jeremy liked working with.
In Richard Hammond's book he talks about his audition process with Jeremy and how well it all worked out, I think Jeremy said something about how he liked the way Hammond described where he was from or something and then when it came time to pick May he presumably was someone that Clarkson at least knew a little bit.

Jeremy said in one of his books that James was slated to replace him after he retired from "old" Top Gear "I pity the man touted as my replacement, James May"

Regarding the choice of the original two, it baffles me how Jeremy chose Jason Dawe, because in nearly every "Insider dealing" segment I've seen Jeremy do with him, he looks like he's thinking "why did I think this was a good idea?". James took over that segment before they killed it off.

As for Fifth Gear, any time I watch it, It just feels like "Top Gear lite" and that's probably more to do with how much I love the overall Top Gear package, over simply "a car show".

You got that right. It wasn't just one thing, it was the overall package.

Jeremy Clarkson reveals upside of BBC sacking - he can now SWEAR without being reprimanded

The former Top Gear star made the bizarre comment while he was guest of honour at a charity auction in the Cotswold.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/569778/Jeremy-Clarkson-swear-being-told-off-BBC-Top-Gear

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jeremy-clarkson-heads-charity-auction-210006798.html#NVdyrow

Journalist, polemicist (some may say pugilist) but #Clarkson is our tame auctioneer
CCNiER7VEAA9mkE.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/ChippyLido/status/586420203417800704

auction site
http://www.chippylido.co.uk/auction/

Last edited:
Look at it this way. We all knew it was going to end at some point, at least it went out with a bang while having quite a decent last series.

It could have been worse, they'd sign that 3 year contract and several months from now they'd have to stop doing sports cars review because their back can't take it anymore and instead they'd start to talk about handy wheel chair access and how lovely that brown velour interior is.

Yes, they both over accentuate every syllable a bit too much. I would still do terrible, terrible things to VBH...especially a younger version of VBH. Yummy. :)

All though, this seems to be a pretty recent photo (2 years old, I think, based on the URL)...

Vicki-Butler-Henderson-with-new-Maserati-Quattroporte.jpg
Why is that woman blocking that gorgeous car?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11529489/Jeremy-Clarkson-hints-Top-Gear-may-have-a-future-outside-the-BBC.html

Auctioning a Top Gear Kung Fu Stig T-shirt advertised as being 'signed by a former presenter', Clarkson said: "Now some of you know there used to be a programme called Top Gear. It was on the BBC.

But we could be back somewhere else. Or maybe even not somewhere else, who knows?

However, as he raised bids for the last Top Gear official T-shirt of the evening, he hinted that he may have severed ties with the programme once and for all, saying: "It may well be the last ever time I put my name on that merchandise".

He continued to make light of his unemployment at the end of the auction when he thanked the audience for "coming to see an unemployed man".

In a typical Clarkson moment, he mistook a male bidder for a female but responded by saying: "I have worked with James May, it is easy to get confused in these situations."

Clarkson declined to comment on why he pulled out of his planned appearance hosting BBC satirical show Have I Got News For You.

Edit: iPhone post editing ftl.

Last edited:
You've never heard Fran Drescher, then.

Dammit man! Just seeing her name in print made me imagine her voice!!

Bad Spectre! Bad Spectre!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but what if the same thing happens again in the future? Maybe they should go with Penultimate Gear to be safe.

The Gear that Shall Not Be Named?

Status
Not open for further replies.