Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the boys start their own show, I found their world headquarters.

Dixon_Illinois_Christian_Science_Church.jpg

It's currently a Christian Science Church but I'm sure they'll convert to the Church of Powaaar!
Coincidentally, it's actually located in "Dixon, Illinois".

If the boys start their own show, I found their world headquarters.

Dixon_Illinois_Christian_Science_Church.jpg

It's currently a Christian Science Church but I'm sure they'll convert to the Church of Powaaar!
Coincidentally, it's actually located in "Dixon, Illinois".

"Oh, Cock"

Would that be... a hick town?

This is a bit off-topic so please move on if you're not interested...to the rest of you, thanks for indulging me. I get a kick out of this.

In response to your question. let me put it this way. It's a town of a population of 16,000 in a state of 13,000,000 people whose own web site won't even load about 50% of the time!

http://www.discoverdixon.org/

The city is named after its founder John Dixon, who operated a rope ferry (yes I'm being childish :p) service across Cock, opps, I meant Rock River. Oh yeah and there's also this lovely story about this wonderful city:

Running by Interstate 88 is a road named Bloody Gulch Road. The road is named after a murder and body disposal. In the 1800s two men were playing in a pick-up game of baseball, one a farm hand and the other a traveling salesman. After the game the farm hand told the salesman of a place he could see his Bibles and proceeded to take him to the farm where he worked. As the two men passed a gulch the farmhand struck and killed the salesman with a bat used at the game. He then buried the body by an underpass. The body was later discovered when cattle refused to use the underpass en route to a milking barn. An overnight rain had washed away some of the dirt exposing a limb. When the sheriff arrived to question the farm hand, since he was seen leaving the game with the deceased, he pretended to get a drink while throwing a ring taken from the salesman in the bushes. The evidence was found and the farm hand was eventually put in jail for life, while the road over the underpass began to be called Bloody Gulch Road.

One more thing they're famous for:

In April 2012, Dixon Municipal Comptroller Rita Crundwell was indicted by a Federal Grand Jury for embezzlement. She used the embezzled funds to pay for her lavish lifestyle and what became one of the nation's most well-known quarter horse-breeding programs, among other things. Crundwell's crime, thought to be the most substantial municipal theft in U.S. history, impacted Dixon's finances severely. Federal prosecutors placed the estimate of the embezzlement at $53 million since 1990. In February 2013, Crundwell was sentenced to 235 months (somewhat more than 19 1/2 years) in prison.

I think based on the history of the town itself, they should be forced to "sell the name" to C.M.H. enterprises for one single dollar (not even pound just for good measure)!

From Hammond's twitter-

"To be clear amidst all this talk of us 'quitting' or not: there's nothing for me to 'quit'. Not about to quit my mates anyway."

He's right. He doesn't need to quit. He no longer has a contract with the BBC.

I don't think any of them had actually quit the bbc, just saying they will not do top gear any more unless it is everybody together. I thought James spelled that out quite clearly.

My reference obviously was this

Way, way off-topic warning...:offtopic:

Yeah, I remember that well. I laughed my ass off because I am all too familiar with those types of hillbillies. That episode took place in the deep South which is different from any other place I've ever lived in the world and there have been many. The old Confederate States of America are alive and vastly unchanged even after their supposed demise over 150 years ago. It is not so much like a different Country but more like a different Planet. Dixon is technically in the Midwest region of the U.S. But in my opinion a hick is a hick is a hick, the rest is just geography. Hicks, hillbillies, rednecks, trailer trash, etc. happily take their ignorance wherever they go...you can take the hick out of the South but you can't take the South out of the hick. They are curiously "proud" of their ineptitude as you can see:

I also thought Hammond and May's contracts were expiring, along with Clarkson's? I don't think the 4 of them are under contract with anyone at the moment.

Counting chickens before they hatch.

The fuck.. at least one of those faces I did NOT expect to see in this context.. EVER.. AT ALL.. wtf..

If you're referring to Morgan then perhaps you aren't aware that they've kissed and made up. And you may have missed this post.

Apparently May had just placed his order in for a brand new Speciale before the Fracas though I guess he could have asked for just as lucrative a contract if he'd have opted to stay on and done James May's Top Gear.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/james-celebrated-top-gear-deal-5588684

Looks like it was going to be the final three years...

Explaining the decision to buy the supercar, the 52-year-old says: ?There we were, all three of us, on the brink of a new three-year contract to make Top Gear, after which we would definitely chuck it in with dignity and hand the reins to a new generation, assuming we were still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.