Jeremy Clarkson was here in Oslo! *huge spoiler alert*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen to Haz. Even without the warning it's still your own fault if you read it (meaning, he can't do anything about it). We have spoilers for 5th gear every week and after each ep they say what's coming next ep. I knew, even before the warning, that it would contain info about TG(why else would it be in the TG section?). This is the same as the thread about the Ring (Nordschleife).
I liked it Haz. I maybe know what's coming, but I'm still eager to watch. The outcome maybe spoiled, but I still like the way they bring it.

Greetz Johan

wow ... a mature way of looking at this matter, something I thought a certain someone from this forum wasn't capable of lately ...

thx Johan :)

haz

Yeah I'm with Haz and Johan on this one. Even if it didn't say Spoiler you could have made it up of the first 2 lines of the article..Duhh...

I didn't know it was a spoiler but since it was something I didn't know yet (London-Oslo) I stopped reading.

Not very nice to blame your own faults on Haz..

damnit, curiosity got the best of me, so I read on ...
not that I wouldn't know the ending, so it didn't really spoil it for me, it just spoiled the surprise, but I'm not mad at anyone ... my curiosity, my fault.

Plus, it's not all that bad because I already know the ending of such a race, I actually like the action that goes on during that race ... just the humor of it : like james not running on tv, or richard and james bothering the stewardess for questions, or the rattling sound from the ferrari's bent wipper ... (all from previous episodes) I like that stuff, so I'm expecting the same from this one, so the fun wasn't spoiled for me. In fact, I'm looking forward to seing that episode.

Thanks Haz

vladmitu said:
my curiosity, my fault.

too bad Justin doesn't realize this .............................. not that I expect him to even respond to all of this ... he has a tendency to state his mind once, and just leave it at that ... no response further ... that's weak ...

you are welcome btw (since you said thx :))

haz

haz-
too bad Justin doesn't realize this .............................. not that I expect him to even respond to all of this ... he has a tendency to state his mind once, and just leave it at that ... no response further ... that's weak ...

This isnt a political thread so i didnt control my outburst, I apologize. I would have rather not had this posted but it was also my fault, my curiosity but its just that this is like a month in advance. That would be my only problem wiht it. This was probably the biggest thing for this season, i assume, and to reveal it a month later, meh.

i was really kidding, not that serious but a bit pissed and over-reacted, i also hadnt check the forum in 2 days so its not like im a hit-and-run post kinda guy.

haz, my fault, but next time make sure its really something that ppl would want to see. after all most of the discussion here was on the fact that it spoiled the race for some ppl then about my reaction. i dont think it created much discussion.

Me and a friend went his exact same route from malm? to Gothenburg in 1,5 hours in his fathers Carrera S... ;) I think we beat Clarkson

If you watch a production of Julius Ceasar, is it ruined by knowing he dies? Will the upcoming Star Wars movie be ruined because you know Annakin will become Vader? When you watch Clarkson in a car racing Hammond and May in public transportation is there ever a doubt that Clarkson will win?

Why watch? It's the journey, not the destination. Isn't that the difference between drivers and passengers?

I look forward to the journey.

That is different because you go in those movies knowing what will happen.

Before this, no one knew for sure what would happen. The drama in the last race made it really close and Clarkson was behind but came back to win.

I'll just repeat a statement because 3 pages later, we have gotten no where with this thread,

Justin Syder/Me-
after all most of the discussion here was on the fact that it spoiled the race for some ppl then about my reaction. i dont think it created much discussion.

Thanks for posting this Haz, heck I live in Norway and didn't notice this in the papers.

And definitely if you hear someone tell you oh Clarckson drives a 612 Scaglietti from London to Verbier in Switzerland and the other two use public transportation, you never get the same idea about how fun it is to watch.

You never get all the good music, the buzzing windshield wiper etc...

It's more fun to watch, and a spoiler won't change that.

Am I the only one here who's bored with public transport vs. automobile racing in Top Gear? I'd rather see how many Ferraris a Land Rover can jump or how to play tennis with caravans...

Although it could get intresting if they're going through Sweden...

mmm not really sick of them because funny things always ensue... as for jumping things.. thats definatly overrated... and tennis with caravans is gonna be replaced with playing soccer with hatchbacks I believe.

what I want to see is Clarkson being forced to stay 1 whole day in a caravan LOL, and he has to review it and try to find at least a compliment for it.

^^ Oooh! That's a good one :lol: :thumbsup:

vladmitu said:
what I want to see is Clarkson being forced to stay 1 whole day in a caravan LOL, and he has to review it and try to find at least a compliment for it.

Or maybe in his GT40! :D Wouldn't be to hard to find a compliment though...

SLR is for people old ppl and for those who want warp speed on any road. Enzo and GT are for early morning blasts.

They should try a race between Trabant, Mini and 2CV from topgear studio to monaco using the backroads only.

^no, that would take way too long. The most they spent on doing/producing a race would be 2 days at the most I think ... if you take 3 slow-ass cars on backroads ... it's going to be a long journey.

No, really, I would love the idea myself, but I don't think they could ever actually put it into practice. It's all about the budget, they always complain about short budgets across the series, so they probably can't afford this feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.