Jeremy Clarkson's health

Wasn't it quite too warm in GB on wednesday to wear a jacket?

edit: I just came across this :lol:

jeremyclarkson.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure why, but Jeremy looks a bit better than last year.
Maybe he's started doing calisthenics :lol:

He bought a bicycle ;)

I remember reading that a bloated pregnant looking belly on a otherwise not fat man is a sign of liver failure? (-not 100% sure of that)

I can't express how true this looks. It will be a sad, sad day when TG goes off-air because of such reasons. It's also because they have been creating this bond for 10 years now (maybe more?) so us, the audience have developed sentimental feelings for it which makes it even more harsh, and you can't just put up a replacement host the day after jezza goes bust or too old. It will totally destroy the show and the "magic". I think if Jezza is to cease TG at some point, they will all cease and clear the stage for a new bunch.

There was a story a few years back saying that, if one of the presenters died, they would announce it on the show and they follow it with "Anyway." Then they'd move on with the show. I doubt anyone could do that easily. If that happens.

I thought he quit smoking? I remember he made of big stink of it during the Koenigseggidixnsidjncxifn39494 CCX review. I used to smoke. From 18 to 32. 33 now. Aug 14 of last year is when I decided to quit. I did quit for about 5 days before that, then broke down, then tried again. It was a fucking pain having to buy smokes (especially since they modified the filters to prevent dumb assholes burning down their house while asleep with a cig in between their fingers). Anyway I quit cold turkey. No substitutes or pussy Chantix (seriously I'd rather just keep smokin than put up with the potential side effects of that shit).

I did gain weight though, noticeably. Still trying to lose it. I dont miss smoking either, though I do miss taking the smoke break, putting everything else on pause. Oh and smoking and drinking, that was fun too.

Drinking and smoking REALLY do age people faster. However, it's easy to remark on someone's looks when there's so much archival footage to look at.

However (and I hope this will be taken in the spirit of genuine concern in which it is given), I do wish James and Jeremy would quit smoking.
It's a catastrophically dangerous habit, and I selfishly hope that they will live long and prosper. :)

I think losing quite some weight has made Clarkson look more old, hence the slight look of being less "perky" than in recent series ... but while that may bring out his age more, it also means he may be living more healthy. I mean, weight loss can also be a symptom, but I find it easier to believe that Clarkson may be just getting his act together to not be dead within a decade but maybe live on a bit ...

What happened to this place? We used to have threads dedicated to Vicki Butler-Henderson's tits! :lol:

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, Jeremy looks OK. He looks like I would expect a man his age who smokes, drinks, works a lot and generally doesn't give a shit about his appearance to look. He'll be just fine.

What happened to this place? We used to have threads dedicated to Vicki Butler-Henderson's tits! :lol:

Well now we should start threads about Jeremy's tits :D or Richard's hair style or the lovely shirt collection of James may

Well now we should start threads about Jeremy's tits :D or Richard hair style going bald or the lovely shirt collection of James may

Fixed :lol:

About Jezza's health, he and Hammond had a chuckle when they posted the time for that last episode's crazy lambo and they mentioned the "benefits of weight loss". Could be a reference about Jeremy finally starting to take care of himself :)

Haven't gone looking for threads about Richard's hair or Jeremy's bosom...but there is a thread dedicated to Mr. May's shirts. :D

http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/the-saga-of-james-may-and-his-shirts-32204/

What, not even a mention of May starting to look like Beethoven? Maaan we need to take care of that :roflmao:

tumblr_mamgc5klwQ1qh3q5ho1_400.jpg

(Not that this is a bad thing :D)

Last edited:
Jeremy is a smart guy, and I'm sure that he tries his best to mix the practical lifestyle with the non-practical. It's a question of: do I wish to live to be 95, but with a dull healthy life? Or do I live until I'm 75 and die happy knowing that I've nurtured every sensation a man been inspired to have? Yes that was a Devil's Advocate movie reference.

Personally I'd like to be somewhere in between - my belief is that life is to be enjoyed, and its memorable moments savoured, but not to such a point that after a certain decade, say, 50, it all just goes completely downhill. Plus it depends on the environment - in America's suburbs all we can do for fun is drink and eat, whereas in a city like Chicago it's quite pleasant and rewarding to walk around, whether to a bar, nightclub, clothes shopping, beach, work, friend's condo and so on. I'm stuck in suburbia, and I have to make up for it by eating salmon, brown rice, vegetables and work out. Only on weekends can I eat/drink what I feel like and it's been going all right. I don't smoke, I seldom drink, and at the age of 31 I'm in a best shape since 2000.

As for Clarkson, well I'm certain he's got his own compass not just on morals, but also mortality.

Last edited:
So basically this thread is pointing out that Clarkson is starting to light up like a dashboard in a cheap car challenge.
IE, he is becoming a used alfa romeo...or....gasp...a leyland....

I agree and it pains me to see him getting old before my very eyes. I think he is the classic male that is having too much fun and not taking care of his health. I hope he lives to be a hundred though. Maybe he takes up marathon training tomorrow. One can always hope ...and pray ;)

Last edited:
I think Jeremy looked better this series than he has in a long time. He has maybe had a wakeup call and has accepted he is mortal after all. I see it all the time. 50yr od has a heart attack or THINKS they were having a heart attack suddenly has a life style change. Someone you know has a heart attack at an early age, boom, you will start to make changes.

I agree that Jeremy is looking better this series but as has been said over and over, his lifestyle of drinking (and possibly still smoking?) ages one terribly. I was excited when he talked about getting a bike, that's good for him. The bloated belly has worried me, and the same with James as well, because they both drink pretty heavily and abdominal distention is a sign of liver problems likely caused by alcohol. The mention of Jeremy's bosom earlier made me laugh but I dread when James wears T-shirts because he has some man-boobs going on as well (I couldn't believe how pronounced they were in the Africa special and wished he had worn a button-up instead :unsure: .) At any rate, James needs to start working out as well (I still think he looks good but could stand to lose just a bit of weight and imo has aged better than Clarkson as far as their lifestyles are concerned), but I'm glad Jeremy seems to be starting to take better care of his health.