Clarkson: Jeremy Mentions That he Sold his Gallardo in his New Article

061025_ar_8c_10_1024.jpg

alfa?????

I don't understand why the wheels are photoshopped in this picture.

she think they are ugly :(

'Cept for the Evo IV-VI, they are pretty ugly...

mitsubishi_evo_viii_mr_fq-340.jpg

Ugly, boxy, angular, a bit too "import tuner" to be good looking. All masculine no feminine, like a steriod junkie hanging out with his 'bros. This car is a sausage fest in metal form.

evo6-001.jpg

Nice, smooth, cuuurvy. Still has the look of a rally car about it. I love the "early" Evolutions (before they were known only as "ee-vow".)

You decide...

Last edited:
R8 would be good if he didn't have the Terry Wogan side flashes, or maybe even a Merc CLS, the Brabus version probably.

I dont see Clarkson buying an R8, he liked the way it drove but he said it wasnt a very pretty car. They last couple cars he bought, the Gallardo, Ford GT, SL, have all been spectacularly good looking cars. And the R8 just isnt.

He'll consider the GT-R. He was considering a used R34 instead of the SLK, and I know he'll be itching to drive the new one. If he does, and likes it, I reckon he could have a Nissan on his driveway.

It's quicker than his old 355, Ford GT, Gallardo, SL55AMG, and not that flash. It has a Nissan badge for goodness sake.

Quicker than the GT? Maybe, better looking, sounding, and being? No. :mrgreen:

I bet you any money that he is gonna buy that stupid Merc CLK Black Series.

"stupid"? You're so well informed aren't you? :rolleyes:

I dont see Clarkson buying an R8, he liked the way it drove but he said it wasnt a very pretty car. They last couple cars he bought, the Gallardo, Ford GT, SL, have all been spectacularly good looking cars. And the R8 just isnt.

The R8 is uber beautiful. Perhaps a trip to the eye doctor for you is in order. :D

The R8 is uber beautiful. Perhaps a trip to the eye doctor for you is in order. :D

Your joking right? The R8 is so ugly, even Clarkson said it wasnt pretty. It doesnt flow correctly, the front and rear look like they come from differant cars.

According to his latest article in the Sunday Times, he kind of hints that his next car will be a Jaguar XKR.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article3945109.ece

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. The XKR will be perfect for him because it is a gorgeous car, but it's not showy/embarrassing. I think if Jeremy decides to get a XKR, he's made the right choice because, in his article, he talks about how the cars he really wanted (the face-lifted Merc SL, the BMW 6-series, AM DB9, and AM V8) are all flawed in some way, by either ugliness, or stupidity (or both).

Jeremy, if your reading this, get the XKR!

He was just joking... relax.

I'd be willing to put money that...the amount of money he'd lose on it would be stupid, especially as he's only had it for a short while. With the 560 on the way, the older Gallardo's resale value will drop massively very soon.

Besides that, it's the famous Clarkson melo-drama...as said above, relax guys haha.

I would guess a DBS. He didn't like it, until he came to the understanding that it was was really a DB9-S. Then, he loved it.

Are we now suggesting every single car, he ever reviewed positiv on the show? Are we?

Just wait the fuck up.

he kind of hints that his next car will be a Jaguar XKR.

He does? please provide the quotes to support this. I read the whole article and i didnt get that impression

I guess the Lambo was too reliable for him. All that faultless driving made him bored. No breakdowns or running out of gas to keep him occupied. Too much time to start noticing how other drivers react to his shiny Italian German exotic.

Should have kept the Ford GT. :D