Jeremy on Twitter?

Whitevanwoman

According to Jeremy in his column in 'The Sun' today he has finally succumbed to a Twitter account :D

"After years of being bullied and mocked by friends, I decided to join Twitter. "Ooh, you'll have a billion followers in a week" everyone said. Well, its been a week and so far I have....wait for it...drum roll...none."

Now, which one of the myriad of Clarksons on twitter is the real one is difficult. None of them have the coveted 'blue tick'. There is one "JClarkson1" which is new and has the Topgear.com website built into the profile so it may be that. How he proves his account is the 'official' one I have no idea! ;)

James's account has been live for about a year as far as I can tell, and news of its existence (and authenticity) has gradually got out. However, in the audio clip which you'll find in the "James cuts ribbon at Turing Exhibition" thread, he confirms it verbally. I understand from Tweeters of my acquaintance that his number of followers instantly went through the roof.

I bet Clarkson is torn between wanting a load of followers to boast about, and wanting none, to prove he was right to be cynical about Twitter.

James's account has been live for about a year as far as I can tell, and news of its existence (and authenticity) has gradually got out. However, in the audio clip which you'll find in the "James cuts ribbon at Turing Exhibition" thread, he confirms it verbally. I understand from Tweeters of my acquaintance that his number of followers instantly went through the roof.

Link?

I bet Clarkson is torn between wanting a load of followers to boast about, and wanting none, to prove he was right to be cynical about Twitter.

His username is probably carguy54 or something. :p

Here's James' profile for those who don't know it: @MrJamesMay

He doesn't tweet too often but when he does it is usually about the pub, or old motorbikes, or chinese takeaway. Which, even if he didn't have the blue verified tick, would pretty much confirm that it was really him. :lol:

Here's James' profile for those who don't know it: @MrJamesMay

He doesn't tweet too often but when he does it is usually about the pub, or old motorbikes, or chinese takeaway. Which, even if he didn't have the blue verified tick, would pretty much confirm that it was really him. :lol:

He's tweeted a couple of photos which weren't in the public domain also (but they are now). Sorry for no links - I'm not on Twitter. I get my info by other nefarious means.

"I've just accidentally brushed my teeth with Germolene. It's disgusting." :lol:

Am I just blind or hasn't the actual name of the twitter account been mentioned in the thread?

It hasn't. It wasn't mentioned in Jeremy's column, either.

There is a new twitter account under the name @jcrclarksonesq, and Jeremy's full name is Jeremy Charles Robert Clarkson. At present it has 8 tweets (the last one of which is rather rude, even by Jeremy's standards), 3 following and 14 followers. I have no idea whether it's authentic, though.

Jeremy is not a lawyer. I know that much.

There is a new twitter account under the name @jcrclarksonesq, and Jeremy's full name is Jeremy Charles Robert Clarkson. At present it has 8 tweets (the last one of which is rather rude, even by Jeremy's standards), 3 following and 14 followers. I have no idea whether it's authentic, though.

He just posted a twitpic of James and also, Rowland French and Richard Porter follow, so therefore this account seems legit.

I would like to believe it's him. Just look at his display picture. And his first few tweets-I am tired; I am still tired; I just had lunch. I can sense sarcasm in his tweets about the whole world tweeting! :p

Also, there's one tweet where he says, ' I have been to the ballet. It was nice'. I was searching Jeremy Clarkson on twitter, and found a random tweet where a guy mentions that his sister had just seen Clarkson at the ballet.

Whatever...following him already! ;)

What the hell happened there?

Anyway, what kind of car is that outside? I thought I recognized the wheels as Fiat 500 but it doesn't quite look like one.