Jeremy says no to hosting US Top Gear

I am happy to admit the UK sucks. There are still a lot of people who act as though we have an Empire still and think we are far more important internationally than we are. They really need to get out of the 1880's. One think I have noticed is the majority of the people who think we are the greatest nation ever come from the south whereas most Northerners agree that we suck.
Generalising any nation is stupid, especially one the size of the US. You only have to see the north/south divide in a country as small as ours to see that stereotypes don't work for a whole country.
1. Nationalism - Been to Yorkshire recently?

2. And what you mean is the North sucks - well I can categorically state that the South sucks more - sort of like the North but with horrendous house prices.

3. I agree about generalisations - that's it.

I have a crazy idea, why doesn't Clarkson stay in the U.K. and have the American cars brought to him there? Then he can go to the U.S. for a week and do all the audience stuff. I don't think most viewers will notice or care that he is driving on the left side of the road, and they can just go to France if it is an issue.

Scenery won't be an issue as the U.K feature wise is roughly like the Pacific Northwest, but with less doom bringing volcanos. Most American TV is filmed up in British Columbia anyway so I doubt most will notice.

I believe both the U.K. and U.S. would benefit seeing "exotic" cars. Americans can see those crazy French cars and those in Europe can see what we have here. Hell if the show is successful maybe we will see more European cars in the U.S. which would mean more money and better cars from the smaller European companies.

Nationalism - Been to Yorkshire recently?

If anything the British need more nationalism. Fly your flag, be proud, your nation has done great things.

Last edited:
You aren't getting a U.S Top Gear, obviously it isn't that great.... suck it!

We all know it has nothing to do with being away from his family and more of his fear of the South. He shows back up on TV (especially on the discovery channel right before American Chopper) and he'll be getting letter bombs laced with anthrax.

I am happy to admit the UK sucks. There are still a lot of people who act as though we have an Empire still and think we are far more important internationally than we are. They really need to get out of the 1880's. One think I have noticed is the majority of the people who think we are the greatest nation ever come from the south whereas most Northerners agree that we suck.
Generalising any nation is stupid, especially one the size of the US. You only have to see the north/south divide in a country as small as ours to see that stereotypes don't work for a whole country.

It seems like (and even i know this sounds funny coming from an american) the country as a whole needs to learn to take pride in itself, but not at the expense of others. Its a great bunch of countries :)D) and unlike so many fallen empires, retains its sovregnty and identity in the aftermath of its downfall. Thats nothing to be ashamed of!

The problem is the people who do manage to scrape together pride tend to be dicks about it, jumping into discussions with a "we invented this" here and a "we used to own you" there. National pride is fine (and this goes for any nation on earth), but please keep it to yourself, dont expect others to care about your nation and they will extend you the same courtesy)

Last edited:
why cant JC test american cars in UK like he does german cars, italian, french, or aussie Monaro.
if he is to do a usa top gear then why not German TG, Italian TG, or japanese blah blah blah.
top gear is to UK, keep it there.

As much as I love TopGear (or at least series 1-7), I sometimes get tired of the same old gray background in most of their tests.

I would love to see Jeremy tear up the PCH in the latest Ferrari. Or cruise through Yosemite in a 911 Turbo Cabriolet.
Or have all three presents compare cars driving through Death Valley. Just something different.

That is a terrible idea, and thank goodness that will never happen! contrary to your thoughts, there are many reasons why a 50/50 show is impractical and impossible (especially at it's current format) The American fans aren't important, as the show isn't for them, the show is English so should be based on issues in and around England/Europe etc etc. The whole reason it is popular is because it is ENGLISH! If there has to be an American copy cat version it should have separate hosts with separate celebs so they will not have the Anti- Yank stuff and will feel "spiritually connected" to the show :rolleyes: I can't emphasise enough the fact that Top Gear is and should always be English, it helps form the nucleus and therefore the success of the programme!

I've heard a saying, that water takes the path of least resistance. So, you better check your soft British A... for all that flood water.

I just love how you know everything. Get a life and a bigger country.

:lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::?: :whistle::whistle::whistle::hammer::hammer:
:zzz::zzz::zzz:

As most of the above posts prove, you just can't have an Internet forum argument, it just doesn't work. Obviously there are far too many egos and people who take themselves too seriously on here :D I disagree with everything Janstett said, no surprise there (with the exception of the Greek thing) MattD1zzl3 seems just as delusional, as does BlaRo and nannocrob. Personal attacks at moi will not help you, may make you feel better for 5 minutes, if that! No, I am not a troll or many of the other things said :lol:
However, I am very annoyed that it seems we have many fans from abroad who either want to see everything or lots of things from their country on this show, basically ruining the English-ness of it. Fortunately, I don't expect you to understand because I know you wont and it seems that many thrive on conflict. Obviously part of what I said was going to cause offence, but nothing more than was provoked ;)

All in all, not very suprising, not very offensive and rather dull :lol: Lets hope TG tonight is nothing like that ;)

Just to keep on thread
Wow, we're not important, so that's why they're planning on bringing TG here is it?
Because of ???... and that is part of why JC isn't going to do it... because he is in the position where he can sacrifice ??? over family time!

Mixed feelings...
On one hand it's a shame, I'd like some diversity in Top Gear as it's going way too much into entertainment and away from car reviews. It gets too repetitive and unoriginal.
On other hand JC would be whining about America constantly, and while it was fun for one episode, it would be just too annoying in the long run :)

Well, I am not from UK nor the States but I do not really understand. If Jeeza says no to hosting US Top Gear, then so be it.

What is the whinning & babbling on why the States needs their own version of Top Gear and how superior the country is, especially those from the country that as i quote from Jeeza who has ppl:"who looks at their sisters and thinks 'mmmph....'..."

I am not a pro-UK person as I have some unpleasant experiences with that country, but in this case I respect Jeeza's decision and I support that Top Gear to be produced in UK alone.

Reality's a female dog, and it bites. Just accept it.

I wonder if there's more to it -- such as Jeremy is bored of Top Gear (there are plenty of signs to suggest this) or if he's afraid of taking that step to become an American star or worse a failure. No offense but England is the equivalent of the kiddie pool in the entertainment industry and few Brits find mega success on this side of the pond. Look at someone very successful like Rowin Atkinson who in England is a genius but here we know him as the retarded Mister Bean and he's stuck in b-list ensemble movies with Whoopi Goldberg and John Lovitz. Hugh Laurie comes here and makes a name in a dramatic role as Doctor House, yet he's virtually unknown for his long comedic background.

Kiddie pool?

You mean David Bowie, Queen, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Who, Pink Floyd, Elton John, George Michael, The Kinks, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Black Sabbath, Radiohead, Coldplay etc etc etc and the current best selling artist in the world who received the biggest record deal EVER Robbie Williams.

Yes, kiddie pool. Let me guess, you will quote me and give 2 lines as to why each artist is either A) A ripoff of an American artist B) Overrated/boring or C) Ok i guess.

:rolleyes:

Movie wise we have many talented actors. And if you want to talk about Hollywood big budget blockbuster movies take 'Batman Begins'

Batman = British = Christian Bale. The rest of the cast is mainly British too. Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson, Michael Caine, Cillian Murphy. Oh and the Director was British and the movie was filmed in Britain at Pinewood Studios and at the Wayne manor which was an English stately home.

Yep, the whole of the UK is smaller than the state of Oregon and yet they have produced so very much yet somehow they are the 'kiddie pool'...

Last edited:
I don't want to tread on anyone's toes here, be them American or anything other ones.

Top Gear is a British Programme designed for the British People. Can't everyone see this?

Stop arguing. If the Americans want a programme similar to Top Gear but with American cars and stars, petition your television people and get one made. Enjoy the clips that you get of our programme but please don't critise them, if you don't like the format, don't watch it. Simple.

Now can we please play nicely and get on 8).

wow, so you invented acting huh? you are either SUPER retarded or SUPER nationalist, or both.

judge by whatever you want, film awards, tickets sold, money taken, whatever, the US film industry is unrivaled by any other, and there is a reason that the top British actors and actresses make their way out west and that reason is:

US film industry > Any other film industry, ever.

for every British film success you can name(funny enough many are made HERE) there are 10 from the US. suck it.

Actually the game industry is worth more than the film industry now. And you know one of the best selling game series ever, Grand Theft Auto, was made by a Scottish games studio.

And what British films were made in the US? Oh yeah, i remember that scene in the Full Monty when they were stripping on the Hollywood sign....

There is a simple reason actors head West and that is because unless you didnt know the US has five times the population of the UK and amazingly we speak the same language and so there is a big market to tap. The US film industry is bigger than the British film industry due to the sheer size of their population not because you guys are special at making movies. Lets face it, most Hollwood films are tripe. Predictable, boring, effects over acting, product placement every 5 seconds (hello I-Robot), more time spent on marketing than writing the script etc. Same old PG-13 yawnfest. Has there been a film in the past 5 years that wasnt a remake? Well, a watered down remake, you know so it could be watched by young teens, fully milk the market for every dollar.

Hey, i heard P-Diddy wants to play James Bond (seriously). Thats OK with you right? Because the US has the best film industry, right?

Last edited:
If anything the British need more nationalism. Fly your flag, be proud, your nation has done great things.
I mean nonsensical "my country is always right" when quite clearly it is completely and absolutely wrong (by this I mean Politicians and business usually).