Jeremy Tweets: Filming Starts Today for S19

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
Jeremy tweeted this a few hours ago:
"Tonight, after a four month break, the Top Gear machine will be started up. And we will start filming for the next series."

Regarding Hammond being in Botswana:
"Not all top gear items feature Hammond. We can manage without him this evening."

In reply to the question of how long the filming will take:
"@JakeHall_ 6 episodes will take 6 months."

There are a few more questions/replies on Jeremy's Twitter feed here:
https://twitter.com/#!/jcrclarksonesq

That's great news! I'm a yank, so all this is a bit new, but I was gutted to hear no real broadcasts are planned for this year...Xmas aside I suppose. It's cool though, to lay awake at night and WTF are they and so on...

I'm poking around just to find out what happened to S18..

It LOOKS like the boys had a fight with the producers and mid-episode walked out on the whole season, leaving loyal fans with a bunch of 'best of' re-runs that didn't even cap the season off?!

Glad to hear that whatever happened to S18 won't stop the whole show, but what an odd thing to do?

It LOOKS like the boys had a fight with the producers and mid-episode walked out on the whole season, leaving loyal fans with a bunch of 'best of' re-runs that didn't even cap the season off?!

Glad to hear that whatever happened to S18 won't stop the whole show, but what an odd thing to do?

Dafuq did I just read?

Season 18 ended normally.

According to member feedback and backed by the FG voting system season 18 was the best for some years.

My advice to you? Earth is full, go home.

According to member feedback and backed by the FG voting system season 18 was the best for some years.

Or it means there were more people watching/voting recently? Ahhh.. Data always lies. ;)

Now I look at it.. I see what happened.. they were filming Ep7, realized that that was one too many, and walked off the set leaving the producers to finish with a few re-runs to keep the time slot going?

Technically I guess we should be happy that we got part of an episode in trade for a season ending show. :)

Last edited:
I guess the real problem was that it was very good and then to end the season mid episode and follow with 3 re-run episodes felt like a serious rub.

It's like sitting in the sauna and then hopping into the pool. It's pleasant if you're expecting it, and I wasn't expecting it. ;)

Now I look at it.. I see what happened.. they were filming Ep7, realized that that was one too many, and walked off the set leaving the producers to finish with a few re-runs to keep the time slot going?

7 episodes always were the target, and re-runs after a series are standard as well.

Or it means there were more people watching/voting recently? Ahhh.. Data always lies. ;)

Technically I guess we should be happy that we got part of an episode in trade for a season ending show. :)

What the bloody fuckintosh are you talking about? A run of 7 shows, mainly good apart from one glitch which we gave them shit for, tons of car content. Most of us watch the series in sequence either at time of broadcast or by borrowing from the interwebz. Don't blame the show if you can't get off your lardy arse and get organised.

Is this guy nuts??? What the hell are you talking about? Please take some of your time and ask some members of FG about their opinions on S18 and most of them will say it was the best season in the last 3 years (at least)...

On the other hand, MWF, don't waste more brain cells with this guy... he's probably trolling anyway...

EDIT: Not just, MWF, everyone I meant...

Last edited:
Maybe BBC America didn't air series 18 in its entirety the first time?

Perhaps ChrisRich could point us in the direction of this 'leaving partway through the episode' story...?

ChrisRich is dead on. They started using old footage from their DVD releases. Then they cancelled the summer series. There's more to the story than meets the eye.

In reply to the question of how long the filming will take:
"@JakeHall_ 6 episodes will take 6 months."

This is good news, especially as there is only one Top Gear live event for the rest of the year (Birmingham in October). This will give them plenty of time to come up with quality content. If they keep going in the direction we saw in series 18, more car content less gags, we have a great season to look forward to.

ChrisRich is dead on. They started using old footage from their DVD releases. Then they cancelled the summer series. There's more to the story than meets the eye.
Like many other forum members, I was there at the very end of the last series and I can assure you that there was not the slightest hint of tension between the three and Wilman. In fact, the walkout-free taping took so long I almost missed my plane back home. All is well.

Last edited:
They started using old footage from their DVD releases.

In which case, the end happened when they reused the bobsled race for the Olympics special. Oh, wait, it didn't.

Then they cancelled the summer series.

Let's see, first there's Euro 2012, then Wimbledon, then the Olympics. Why cut the throat of one of their biggest moneymakers just to put something on? BBC2 has cheaper and more sacrificable material to broadcast.

There's more to the story than meets the eye.

And Richard will start off the new series by driving a Camaro which turns into Bumblebee. Now that's "more than meets the eye".

FG does love a conspiracy theory, doesn't it!:rolleyes:

Ever since Clarkson has been on Twitter, he's been tweeting his annoyance at the fact that the summer series has been bumped, and his anticipation of the start of filming for the new series. If they're re-using footage from their DVDs (examples please - I only buy their Adventures DVDs so wouldn't recognise it) it's more likely because of budgetary restraints. However, the BBC does start showing "best of" compilations immediately after the series finishes. They always have.

I just saw your location.

About the only thing about you that is fresh.