jeremy's driving ban!

JMO said:
fareway said:
That was on the Nurburgring! :bangin:
Yes, but Sabine somewhat understates here IMHO - who is fast on the Nordschleife should be fast everywhere.

I was referring more to his rediculous claim that she never was a racing driver. What's just as ludicrous (actually, more so IMO) is the notion that going fast around the 'Ring is only useful around the 'Ring. That's preposterous. Having the skill to drive consistently fast around the Nordschleife means that you'll be fast on any paved surface in the world.

You're are wrong because it seems that you have no racing experience thus don't know much about this. All I know of Sabine is when JC did a program a few years ago talking about her where she stated exactly what I said. (as in racing on other tracks)

Don't have such high expectations for her or anyone for that matter, you'll just be let down. Doing 14, 15,000 laps on any track would anyone really good at it. Her skill would transfer to other tracks but she won't be the quickest person there.

Ximian said:
You're are wrong because it seems that you have no racing experience thus don't know much about this.

Apparently, if I "don't know much about this" than you know slightly less than jack shit:

Ximian said:
she never became a racing driver

:roll:

And she mentioned in an interview that she stopped racing around the 'Ring professionally because of the high costs involved. You do know about the prohibitively high expenditures involved to even race at a grass-roots level, right? Any *real* big time racing, ie WRC, Le Mans, F1, etc is not only about the level of talent but the massive financial backing required. Who doesn't "know much about this" again? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I was wrong there but you still don't know anything about racing and I'm still right. When I see her race in some series on any other track that the Nurburgring then she'll be a real racing driver. Right now she still isn't.

Ximian said:
but you still don't know anything about racing and I'm still right.

Considering how much you talked out of your ass in your post on the last page, I think not. :lol:

Not a real racing driver. Next thing you're going to tell me is that I photochopped this image:

reck2.jpg

She was able to adapt to a huge ass van with no practice. To think she couldn't adapt to a different track layout is stupidity...

especially such a wee track in comparison!

Ximian said:
I was wrong there but you still don't know anything about racing and I'm still right. When I see her race in some series on any other track that the Nurburgring then she'll be a real racing driver. Right now she still isn't.

She competed in the 1992 Ford Fiesta Mixed Cup.

I've read an article about her and it states that she backed out of pro racing because she simply hasn't had sufficient funding.

Ximian said:

Says you, all powerful wonderous racing god.

^^ Hahaha... Lovely...

Buba

I read on another board that Sabine did an unfilmed lap in the Reasonably Priced car and came in faster than Damon Hill. Kinda makes you wonder...

D

dhopkins said:
I read on another board that Sabine did an unfilmed lap in the Reasonably Priced car and came in faster than Damon Hill. Kinda makes you wonder...

... kinda makes me wonder how would anyone on the other board know about this? There are no audience during laps, also I don't see why wouldn't they tell about this on the show. So be sceptical about such statements, unless there's a reliable source.

It makes sense. Sabine was at the Top Gear studio this week. They probably just put her in the reasonably priced car to see what she could do. Maybe it was a test to see if she would be fit for a job testing around the track on the show.

As for the source of the information; Maybe one of the crew posted it on the other forum.

Ahh, I don't know... And anyway, a lot of people could be faster than Damon Hill around there, especially faster than the lap he did... It wasn't that clean... I guess, he could shave another 0.5 sec off that with more practice...

And any Info you hear about that is not from the show or in one of the presenters articles is basically wrong... period. Just some Inet gossip.

Buba

Curlay said:
Maybe one of the crew posted it on the other forum.

Maybe Jeremy himself posted it on other forum? :) Let's not jump to conclusions, I would say it's more likely to be false than true. Even if she did drive the liana, there's no way to know for sure how fast she was.

Buba said:
Ahh, I don't know... And anyway, a lot of people could be faster than Damon Hill around there, especially faster than the lap he did... It wasn't that clean... I guess, he could shave another 0.5 sec off that with more practice...

And any Info you hear about that is not from the show or in one of the presenters articles is basically wrong... period. Just some Inet gossip.

Buba

I don't think that topgear shows the fastet lap. i think its a conclusion of the most amazing moments during the laps.

Thats waht they did on season 1-3, I guess, they just had 20 sec of the whole lap in it.

But the last 2 or 3 season seems to show the complete ones... And don't get me wrong, Damon Hills lap looked neater than all the others, but I guess he could do better...
I think nowadays you can pretty much guess how fast the stars were by only seeing their lap... Taking something like 1:45.5 as perfect and adding something like 0,7 - 1 sec for every minor flaw and 1,5 for the big ones...

BUba

Sun_Blood said:
"How did I, the world's least active man, manage to slip not one but two discs? I went through all the possibilities with my doctor and we decided that the blame for my condition lies fairly and squarely at the door of Vauxhall"

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1686285,00.html

Will he still love that car, it is one of his favorites :)

Yeah... its already been posted before.

dhopkins said:

D

She would be much more used to driving road cars. Damon would be more accustomed to driving F1 cars that laugh in the face of the laws of physics, and hadn't raced in a while on top of that. :p