jeremy's driving ban!

^^ Yeah, it was a yearly routine for him to fly in a jetfighter... As a passenger... For his videos.

Anyway, I think this is not the source of his back problems. He just lives unhealthy and doesn't do any form of sport...

Buba

they filmed the entire 'driving' season of top gear already? hmm..so what happens if a super cool car shows up halfway through the year and they need to test it?

boafan said:
they filmed the entire 'driving' season of top gear already? hmm..so what happens if a super cool car shows up halfway through the year and they need to test it?
well i assume that as soon as they hear about a new car that's going to come out they use it as a news item. by the time it's actually out they review it for the next season..

Jostyrostelli said:
Wow, that's not good. Hope he's going to be better soon. Is it because of his age or really because he drives cars alot?

a combination probably. The older you get the more likely you are to injure your back, and if you do repetitive things, like driving, then that takes a toll as time goes on.

I guess Jeremy can review the avg. consumers & old cars like Richard & James have to do. Thus letting the other 2 have all the fun.

raheel_qamar said:
man jeremey is in deep trouble. How will he move around? he can't drive and the london public transport will be off for some time now...

Hope he gets well soon.

London Public Transport will be pretty much up and running in the morning, apart from the tube routes through the three crime scenes. Once they are no longer cordoned off it will be service as normal next week, maybe even as soon as the weekend.

boafan said:

Then Hammond and James will get to test it! Hmmm, I'm starting to wonder if they didn't conspire against Jeremy so they'd get to do the cool stuff that he normally does.

justin.parker said:
Buba said:
He will probably start to play GT4 or something...

Buba

His first words would probably be something to the effect of, "HOW do you turn off this damned traction control!!!!!"

lol
:lmao:
Poor Jezza, he doesnt even have his Ford GT ne'more :( Its been a bad month for him...

Cyfun said:
boafan said:

Then Hammond and James will get to test it! Hmmm, I'm starting to wonder if they didn't conspire against Jeremy so they'd get to do the cool stuff that he normally does.

Well, I hardly believe, James is soo eager to Drive 500+ bhp cars...

Actually he should have seen it coming... Hamster mentioned his arithic(sp) hip a couple of times in the last ep...

Buba

Clarkson has been told though he'll need a hip-op in the future anyways. Poor guy is falling apart :/

sorry, but what do "arithic(sp)" and "hip-op" mean?
first i'd even probs to unerstand "slip-disc" ^^ its "bandscheibe" in german... :mrgreen:
(2 months without driving would be a short time if he's really probs with his slipdiscs!)

Hip-op means "H?ft - OP" (not that hard for a German, I guess), where a part of the hip gets replaced with an artificial one.

And arithic (sp = spelling = dunno, if you write it this way) means "Arthrose" in German, which means, that where the bones meet, the bones get thinner and lesser, and aren't in the right place... Therefore they might hurt...

Hope everything was correct, after all, I'm studying to become a dentist, not a medical doctor...

Buba

Leppy said:
ranger_dood said:
Luckily they've already filmed all the clips for the series! *whew*

yeah... although I'm more worried for Jezza than I am for the lack of episodes.

i'm with you lep. we yearn to see him lose in competitions, and love to see may and hammond take the piss when the opportunity arises, but health/physical ailments are just flat-out serious, especially when it affects his job.

get well, and fight through that shit jezza (you old balding bastard)!! ;)

Buba said:
Hip-op means "H?ft - OP" (not that hard for a German, I guess), where a part of the hip gets replaced with an artificial one.

And arithic (sp = spelling = dunno, if you write it this way) means "Arthrose" in German, which means, that where the bones meet, the bones get thinner and lesser, and aren't in the right place... Therefore they might hurt...

Hope everything was correct, after all, I'm studying to become a dentist, not a medical doctor...

Buba
oh then it's easier to translate than i thought it could be ^^ THX
he's really falling apart... :|

ouuu i was at the dentist yesterday to remove one of my "weisheitsz?hnen" (wisdomteeth? cant find a translation) it doesn't hurt, but the bloody and medical taste... :cry:

jeremy should really start living healthier...maybe even do some sport :D - i dont want him to have to give up moderating because of his health some day...

EsPpY said:
Slipped a disc?

Pardon me but whats that? ;)

It's basically the "cushion" for the vertebrae of your spine and it's ruptured. Imagine how painful it would be to have bone grinding against bone both of which you can feel as the spinal cord goes through them.

Please Mr. Clarkson don't start to moderate yourself, we love your temper ;)

@Ali Moderating means m??igen. I guess thats the last thing you want Jeremy to do. How fun would TG be if Jeremy would start doing that.

nosispower said:
How could having a slipped disc affect his ability to drive? Driving doesn't take much more action than sitting...

You're kidding right? Just think about it for a second. You climb into a supercar which has a height of about four feet. Then you molest your body with huge amounts of G-forces to every possible direction. Would be fun with a badly damaged back, wouldn't it?