jeremy's driving ban!

JoeBlo1 said:
Racing drivers experience a lot more g-forces than Jeremy does, so I doubt the cars he's driving are hurting his back.

However racing drivers have very good seats for the job, often crafted just for their back, and those 4- or 5-point harnesses to keep them in place. In many super cars there definetly isn't any kind of a harness and the seats, while giving lots of support, they might have insufficient adjustments and still let the driver move around to a certain degree. That is what concerns me the most.

Interesting entry in the Top Gear Wiki
Due to Jeremy Clarkson being banned from driving for 6 months because of back injuries, a new presenter will be added. Probably the glamorous Sabine Schmitz from Germany, who has appeared on the show twice whilst the team were at the Nurburgring. One in 2004 and again in 2005.
To be honest, the one thing limited Sabine from joining the crew would be her heavy accent. Otherwise she'd be a great addition to the show.

May > Tiff + Vicki

Have you seen the last few episodes? I like Tiff but he's too dull, I don't remember him saying one bad thing about any car.

I hope the new presenter is Damon Hill. It'll be him or someone else we've seen on the show.

Jeremy did offer Sabine the job in the autumn of driving the cars.
Maybe she can get an English Accent if she does come to the show.

Someone could give James and the Hamster a hint: Get some car with a Caravan tugged to it and suggest Jeremy tests the driving abilities of the car while he is standing in the caravan - just like public transport!

She obviously had very little English speaking experience... I guess, a good coach for a month or so would do the trick...

Just imagine, Sabine in Top Gear and Vicki in the hour long Fifth Gear in Autumn... The Vicki vs. Sabine threads would explode to a whole new level ;-)

Buba

It's harder than just getting a speech coach, she has said several times that her driving skills are almost useless anywhere other than the Ring which is why she never became a racing driver.

I doubt she'd take up the job.

More on Clarksons health from his most recent article.

"Last week the Daily Mail broke off momentarily from writing about immigrants, Princess Diana and the value of your house, and published a photograph of my wife and me walking down the road.

Why? Well, I was carrying nothing while my wife was lumbering along beside me weighed down with a heavy suitcase.

?Look at him!? it screamed. ?Making his long-suffering wife carry his bags.?

What this proves, most of all, is the absolute hopelessness of the Daily Mail as a newspaper. My wife was carrying my bags not because I?m a male pig, but because moments earlier an MRI scan had revealed that I?ve slipped two discs. And that carrying heavy suitcases is something I?m not allowed to do any more.

Click here to find out more!
More importantly, and this is the story those blinkered people on the Mail managed to miss, I?m no longer allowed to drive. Yup, for the next few months I?m off the road.

Partly this is because I can?t look left or right, partly it?s because my left arm doesn?t work at all, and partly it?s because I?m on a cocktail of drugs so bright and vivid I spend half the day wondering if I?m a horse and the other half answering only to the name of Stephen.

The only good news is that I?m taking steroids, so by the time I?m fixed I shall have breasts and a handbag and as a result the Daily Mail will write stories about my brave battle with a spinal injury and how I?m an example to women everywhere.

In the meantime, however, my pain in the neck means I?m not allowed to drive, which will be a pain in the backside. Mostly for my wife, actually, who will have to carry my bags to the car and then drive me to work. She may even have to write this column, because while I have a few cars stockpiled up, the list is not endless.

Maybe I?ll do some features on what life is like in the back of a Rolls-Royce or a Maybach until the steroids have worked and I?m mended. Unless they don?t, in which case I?ll need an operation, and that could turn me into a drooling vegetable. In which case I?ll do some stories about wheelchairs and mashed food.

Whatever, in this world where everything is always someone?s ?fault?, the most important thing right now is to work out how I, the world?s least active man, managed to slip not one but two discs. I went through all the possibilities with my doctor and we decided that the blame for my condition lies fairly and squarely at the door of Vauxhall. "

^That would be the article refered to in the first post of this thread ;)

Negatory, that's a new one ;)

Militant-Grunt said:
More on Clarksons health from his most recent article.

"Last week the Daily Mail broke off momentarily from writing about immigrants, Princess Diana and the value of your house, and published a photograph of my wife and me walking down the road.

Why? Well, I was carrying nothing while my wife was lumbering along beside me weighed down with a heavy suitcase.

?Look at him!? it screamed. ?Making his long-suffering wife carry his bags.?

What this proves, most of all, is the absolute hopelessness of the Daily Mail as a newspaper. My wife was carrying my bags not because I?m a male pig, but because moments earlier an MRI scan had revealed that I?ve slipped two discs. And that carrying heavy suitcases is something I?m not allowed to do any more.

What a desparate attempt by the Daily Mail to make JC look bad :lol: Talk about adding insult to injury

Ximian said:
It's harder than just getting a speech coach, she has said several times that her driving skills are almost useless anywhere other than the Ring which is why she never became a racing driver.

I doubt she'd take up the job.

Useless outside the ring? Never became a racing driver? :lol: :lol: :lol:

46514_04.jpg

The 17 BMW overall wins at the N?rburgring 24 Hours:

1970 Clemens Schickentanz, Hans-Joachim Stuck - BMW 2002 ti
1971 Ferfried Prinz von Hohenzollern, Gerold Pankl - BMW Alpina
1972 Helmut Keleners, Gerold Pankl - BMW Alpina
1973 Hans Peter Joisten, Niki Lauda - BMW 3.3
1984 Franz Josef Br?hling, Axel Felder, Peter Oberndorfer - BMW 635
1985 Axel Felder, J?rgen Hamelmann, Robert Walterscheid-M?ller - BMW 635
1986 Markus Oestreich, Otto Rensing, Winfried Vogt - BMW 325i
1989 Fabien Giroix, Emanuele Pirro, Roberto Ravaglia - BMW M3
1990 Altfried Heger, Frank Schmickler, Joachim Winkelhock - BMW M3
1991 Armin Hahne, Kris Nissen, Joachim Winkelhock - BMW M3
1992 Johnny Cecotto, Christian Danner, Marc Duez, Jean Michel Martin - BMW M3
1994 Frank Katth?fer, Fred Rosterg, Karl-Heinz Wlazik - BMW M3
1995 Alexander Burgstaller, Marc Duez, Roberto Ravaglia - BMW 320i
1996 Sabine Reck, Johannes Scheid, Hans Widmann - BMW M3
1997 Sabine Reck, Johannes Scheid, Hans-J. Tiemann, Peter Zakowski - BMW M3
1998 Andreas Bovensiepen, Marc Duez, Christian Menzel, Hans-Joachim Stuck - BMW 320d
2004 Dirk M?ller, J?rg M?ller, Hans-Joachim Stuck - BMW M3 GTR

reck2.jpg

"In 1996, Sabine Reck made racing history on the N?rburgring when, driving a "PowerBlitz" BMW M3 as one of the Scheid/Widmann/Reck team, she became the first woman to win a 24-hour race."

You don't know what you're talking about.

fareway said:
Negatory, that's a new one ;)

:oops: sorry, then it was that one I found after reading that post