Jessica Jones (Netflix Marvel)

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Superheroes are stupid nonsense... but give me all the MCU you can.

Daredevil on Netflix was amazing, so I'm looking forward to this. I've only seen the first episode, but its marathon time again.

I'm about 5 episodes in, tiltshift shots are weird, but cool I think?

They never mention the Avengers by name, its always 'USA guy' 'green guy' etc.

Oh that's... interesting.

It's also "the incident", when reffering to the invasion we see in the Avengers.

Isn't she supposed to be somewhat invulnerable or at least very durable?
How can she get cut falling over some furniture or hurt by bullets?

But there's a little kid in a scene who is wearing a Captain America costume. So I dunno what the deal is.

Was a bit underwhelmed by the JJ trailer, i guess the TV versions of comic books are never quite as cool as the movie versions..IMO

Was a bit underwhelmed by the JJ trailer, i guess the TV versions of comic books are never quite as cool as the movie versions..IMO

Try watching it first. :p

I quite liked it. It had a couple of weaker episodes
especially the story-arc with will simpson (nuke). Though I?m not sure if it was writing or acting that failed that part. I suspect both
As good as Daredevil? Very different from Daredevil and that?s good. Another stamp-out of the same thing would have been boring. I liked that they did not focus that much on fights and fight choreography and general production felt quite simple. That gave some of the actors the chance to really shine.
Very strong performances by Carrie-Anne Moss, Kyrsten Ritter and Eka Darville (in that order). Not sure if Tennant was the best pick for Killgrave. Ironically I kept thinking "too bad they didn?t get Christopher Eccleston for that role" ...

I just finished watching it. In my opinion it's quite a good show, perhaps even because it's very slow-paced in contrast to the other Marvel stuff. And the "super hero versus super villain" arc level almost takes a backseat to the dealing with the immense trauma of the tremendous abuse done by Kilgrave. Kudos to the cast. ?'s thought of Eccleston as Kilgrave made me chuckle as first, but actually that could have been brillant too. Not that Tennant was a bad choice.
The slow pace on the other hand also made for some weaker episodes, causing me to need about three weeks to watch 13 eps.

In the end, particularly after the final episode, I only have two things nagging me - and I realize both are caused by dramatic reasons.
1. Why don't they just shoot Kilgrave with a rifle once they decide to kill him? Given that they know his location numerous times, and these locations are on several occasions reasonably free of witnesses, that would be the prudent solution. Of course, there would be no drama in that.
2. They need 13 eps to think of the headphone approach?

Verdict: Liked, about 4/5. Will definitely watch the second season, too.

[...]In the end, particularly after the final episode, I only have two things nagging me - and I realize both are caused by dramatic reasons.
1. Why don't they just shoot Kilgrave with a rifle once they decide to kill him? Given that they know his location numerous times, and these locations are on several occasions reasonably free of witnesses, that would be the prudent solution. Of course, there would be no drama in that.
It?s one of the things I actually like. Killing is what (metaphorically) breaks Jessica at the start of it all and makes her the wreck she is - so she doesn?t want to do it again. And on the one side, there is her desire to be the hero others wish her to be (her sister mainly) and save Hope (yeah, nomen est omen - not subtle at all), on the other hand her thoughts for revenge are beyond killing. She want?s him to live a life where he has no control - not only about others, but himself. That?s why she fights Simpson over killing killgrave this whole time. Ironically of course her wish not to kill Killgrave makes everything worse and makes her partially responsible for more dead people - which is of course why we are not gonna see a happy, relaxed JJ in season 2 but keep seeing the wreck (or even worse?) that she is.

So while it is quite obvious that they "should have just shot him" - the show somewhat succeeds in building the story about JJ not wanting to do that.
[...]2. They need 13 eps to think of the headphone approach?.
It does take them until episode 10 to figure out how his powers actually work and why Jessica is immune to them ...

Last edited:
In your spoiler you ignore my "once they decided to kill him". :p I agree with all you said, it's just the means of actually doing the killing is (as usual with any hero) unnecessarily complicated and dangerous.

what a disappointment that last episode was!
12 episodes build up to the final moment, and it was almost non existing :/

it's a story about a fucking cartoon, make it worthwile!

Just started watching. Half way done through episode 1 and I'm liking it so far!

Just started watching. Half way done through episode 1 and I'm liking it so far!

I liked it way more than Daredevil. Really good. :)