Jet Car For Sale

Shortly after the car was wrecked

Its last public appearance prior to being crashed

In other words: 'It was Richard Hammond's fault and nothing to do with me - oh no. The very old tyres had nothing to do with it'.

What a f**king c**sucker that Fallows bloke is. :mad:

And this one:

Shortly after the car was wrecked he suffered a near-fatal heart failure and now needs to raise whatever funds he can.

My heart bleeds for you - you ****!

Why would they crush it??

I think it should be rebuilt and put on display, although Hammond had a terrible accident i don't think we can really blame anybody for it. Also it was the fastest moving Car in the UK so really its just like Thrust SSC or the Bluebird.

Gib

The fastest Electric car, that's also for sale from the same seller appears to be the one they took the piss out of on Top Gear.

I am surprised how old it is but I guess if its kept in good nick I'm sure it could be run safely. If I brought it and resorted it I'd be a little nervous to run it again.

This is the first time I've seen photos of the car since the first ones came out right after the crash. Considering how violent the incident was I'm surprised the car isn't in worse shape.

Fallows has done nothing but piss and moan ever since a totally blameless Hammond was nearly killed in his car, due to his use of old tyres. If he had any real heart or care about speed records generally, he'd donate the remains of Vampire to The Bluebird Project, who need all the Orpheus spares they can get.

Currently the bidding is at twenty six grand- for that heap of shit?!

The quote from Fallows in the BBC News piece is even harsher than the listing:

"We'll be very sad to see it go. Over the years it's had one meticulous owner and one crap driver."

That's why the investigation found the driver was at fault wasn't it. No wait, they didn't did they.

James and Jeremy should buy it, and make a segment for Hammond, just beating the crap out of it and eventually blowing it up Top Gear style!

Due To The Unique Way The BBC Is Funded ...

Due To The Unique Way The BBC Is Funded ...

Are phrases "as seen on BBC..." allowed in commercial adverts? The reason I ask is this ad is listed, "Vampire jet dragster as seen on BBC Top Gear." Although it is correct generally the "as seen on" phrase is used, at least here in the US, to be meant as a sign of approval or legitimacy for the product. I'd be surprised if the BBC or Top Gear Magazine wish such an association or to endorse this product. Given the fairly strict no advert policy of the BBC, it just seems strange.

Last edited:
The bidding is back down to the four grand mark this morning- they must have been having lots of piss-taking bids then!

I think it should be rebuilt and put on display, although Hammond had a terrible accident i don't think we can really blame anybody for it. Also it was the fastest moving Car in the UK so really its just like Thrust SSC or the Bluebird.

Gib

agreed, why are people bieng so harsh to these guys, they didnt make the tire explode? It was an ACCIDENT.

The quote from Fallows in the BBC News piece is even harsher than the listing:

"We'll be very sad to see it go. Over the years it's had one meticulous owner and one crap driver."

That's why the investigation found the driver was at fault wasn't it. No wait, they didn't did they.

Yes but below it says:
"Top Gear co-star Jeremy Clarkson said he had made Hammond smile by calling him a "crap driver" while he was lying in a coma in hospital following the accident at Elvington Airfield near York in 2006."

This was obviously a joke.

agreed, why are people bieng so harsh to these guys, they didnt make the tire explode? It was an ACCIDENT.

The tyres were old ones, and the blister on the one that exploded was visible BEFORE the car set off on the last run, and should have been spotted by the team.

Yes but below it says:
"Top Gear co-star Jeremy Clarkson said he had made Hammond smile by calling him a "crap driver" while he was lying in a coma in hospital following the accident at Elvington Airfield near York in 2006."

This was obviously a joke.

Coming from Clarkson, or from any of Hammond's other mates it would be OK. Coming from a guy who's pretty bitter about the whole event gives it a different meaning, and even if it was said as a joke, he isn't really in a position to say it.