Jezza made ?850,000 on top of his BBC salary

No he's right - as well as our home grown ones (the MOD have more penpushers that soldiers - FCS! And they still get procurement wrong.), an other lot of them are sitting on their arse's in Brussells.

I wonder where the money is coming from - Cobol74 looks at tax deducted in pay packet and knows full well the answer to his rhetorical question.

Back on Topic. ...

JC will have to pay loads of cash in tax and so will his business too - it helps to pay for the pen pushers after all. I wonder if he pays the 50% though?

Last edited:
A double-post just to agree to a massively off-topic, underinformed, overgeneralising ultra-conservative anti social security rant? Not even Spectre would chime in here. *shakes head in disbelieve*

Bad rep to me: "yeah, because with the current job market that's all these lazy bums do. It's not only that i despise your political agenda, it's also completely off-topic in this thread."

Figured I'd respond to the insanity here.

First on topic due to the problem with JC making this money was that he was being paid by tax money.
Second, have no issue with out of work people collecting unemployment while looking for work. I came close to needing unemploment in '07 after being laidoff, but found a job before needing it. My comment was completely based on the people that rape the system by not looking for work and having more kids to collect a higher amount, we have way too many people taking advantage of the system even when not in a bad economic state.

You shouldn't be so quick to judge, especially when in this case you had no idea what I was referring to.

Last edited:
The headline should have read "BREAKING NEWS: Man earns money from legitimate business practice"
Sadly, that is real news in these days of legalised fincancial scams and gambling.

the problem with JC making this money was that he was being paid by tax money.

A. It is a "fee", not a "tax". http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/licencefee/ Much like if you want to use a car you do actually have to pay for it. Other companies produce programmes for the BBC and get paid for it, why shouldn't Clarkson?
B. So effing what.

I am now feeling faint due to having had to defend Jeremy Clarkson.

Last edited:
JC will have to pay loads of cash in tax and so will his business too - it helps to pay for the pen pushers after all. I wonder if he pays the 50% though?

I thought he had a residence on the Isle of Man. Don't they have a 10-18% tax for businesses? Or am I remembering something different?

In this case I don't have too much of a problem with this. Jeremy is quite unique and replacing him or just getting someone else to fill in his spot would be very difficult if not impossible. As good as Richard and James are, they couldn't hold up the show on their own. And as crazy as he makes himself out to be, hes still quite good with numbers.

I also thought that he would be making a lot more than that. He'd be one of the most famous / well known people in the UK and deserves every pound he can get.

I thought he had a residence on the Isle of Man. Don't they have a 10-18% tax for businesses? Or am I remembering something different?

They tried to close the IoM tax loophole - not sure of the status moment.
There is no corporate tax on the IOM unless you are in banking then it is 10%. I don't know whether JC is the direct owner or whether a company is the direct owner of the shares in question here, but to tax it on the IOM, where JC doesn't live, he would need to push the money into a company. Anyway Bedder 6 is incorporated in the UK, so they have to pay taxes there first, what JC does with the dividends then tax-wise is not going to matter much in this case.

So I'm on TG.com yesterday and see under the TG Live vid on the comments that Jezza is leaving TG WTF??? Rumor or true??

Chalk me up for another person who is surprised that he makes so "little" off of this show.

Granted he does make a lot, but in comparison to the popularity of the show and given that here in the states we have had a number of sitcom actors who have made number close that if not more PER EPISODE, let alone for their contracted year.

He deserves it. The show brings in the money, he should have a fair cut of the revenue.

-John