Joint Challenge Ideas

DubyaStep

Tampa, Florida but now in Casselberry for school
Car(s)
Ford Thundercougarfalconbird
I dont know if this is already being covered, so, here goes!

Ok, so, talking over in the TGA area about how great it would be to have a joint challenge between TGUK and TGA and here are some of my ideas:

1) A 2 hour special done while both shows are off air

2) A race from the TGUK studio to the TGA studio
a) 7 days to make it to the finish
b) no public transport (airlines, cruise ships, rental cars ect...)
c) $10,000 budget each team
d)in order for the winner to be declared they must all 3 finish
e)they can have 1 item prebuilt along the way
f)at some point they must use all 3, A car, A boat and they must fly in something

thats all i could think of, see what else you guys can come up with. im sure mine is unrealistic, but, i tried.

Now, tell me you arent laughing just thinking about Jezza and May together for 7 day just yelling at each other! and, it would be a massive bonding thing for the TGA crew, it could change the whole character of the show down there. think about it!

yes, it wasnt really supposed to be an actual thing, just something to get the conversation started. isnt that the whole point of this forum? did you see the point i made about the TGA crew? so, no, i fuess its not "over the top"

Last edited:
Id like to see TGUK, TGA, TGR and D-Motor compete in a cheap Paris-Dakar rally on the traditional route to prove that it isn't too dangerous. They have to buy a cheap car, modify it for rallying and survive the race. If they all die, then the Dakar organisers were right to move it to South America.

If they all die, then the Dakar organisers were right to move it to South America.

<morbid humour>

(Scene: TG UK studio in Dunsfold. First episode after everyone is killed to death.)

Random new presenter: "As you may know, Jeremy, James, and Richard were all killed while driving the traditional Paris-Dakar rally route. (short pause) Anyway!..."

</morbid humour>

I think this is a great start, but most challenges are relatively simple, maybe force them into a car, but allow them to use ships to cross oceans etc.

I think this is a great start, but most challenges are relatively simple, maybe force them into a car, but allow them to use ships to cross oceans etc.

yea, and the whole point of the "fly in something" part was that i am convinced that Clarkson would have ended up in a Hot Air Balloon bitching about how slow its going or something!

I would love to see a crossover episode (or 2).

Clarkson/Hammond/May vs Brown/Pizzati/Morrison

Burn something at the begining of the episode and call it "The Ashes".

Make it a bit like the Top Gear episode vs the 3 Germans except much more epic :)

I'd love to see something like this, with the two teams racing each other. I wonder if they'd lick different routes to get to wherever the finish line was? Like going in different directions around the world from London or whatever?

Is there any point? Jezza would just blag himself access to a Lockheed SR-71 and beat everyone.

Is there any point? Jezza would just blag himself access to a Lockheed SR-71 and beat everyone.

But, Jezza would run out of gas in the first 10 min of the flight cuz he would use afterburners the whole way no matter what anyonw tells him!!!

But, Jezza would run out of gas in the first 10 min of the flight cuz he would use afterburners the whole way no matter what anyonw tells him!!!

Already covered that eventuality. In flight refuelling flown by.......

Some say he did all the stunt flying for "Top Gun" and that unlike Tom Cruise he's tall enough to go down on Kelly McGillis rather than up - all we know is he's called USAF Tanker Pilot Stig.

wouldn't you have to go to Amsterdam for a joint challenge anyways???

Reactions: MWF
Already covered that eventuality. In flight refuelling flown by.......

Some say he did all the stunt flying for "Top Gun" and that unlike Tom Cruise he's tall enough to go down on Kelly McGillis rather than up - all we know is he's called USAF Tanker Pilot Stig.

Awsome, but he would still run out. just think about it. or he would crash.

i can just see it, as he is climbing in to the cockpit and james a richard are looking scared to death, jezza turns around and says "how hard can it be? and them May would mention his flying lessons but jeremy would tell him to bugger off...ect...you can see where im going. what i totally see is them in a hot air baloon going the total wrong way or something over the Sahara!

wouldn't you have to go to Amsterdam for a joint challenge anyways???

I feel a race coming on. "Which is the best way to get back from Amsterdam to the TG Studio with 2kg of skunk without getting the rubber glove treatment from HM Customs and Excise?"

James picks the Citroen C3 Picasso with all it's useful storage bins but get's stuck in the one-way system in Antwerp, Hammond has his woven into a shirt and some fetching hair extensions before hitch-hiking only to be kidnapped by a carload of fat girls from Barnsley on their way back from a hen party, and Clarkson in the SL Black gets so frustrated by the endless stream of caravans on the M20 that he pulls over at Ashford for a smoke where he is found several days later trembling and demanding lots of chocolate and crisps.

To be followed back in the studio by "We started the show with the question 'Drug Trafficking - how hard can it be' to which the answer is 'Leave it to the cartels'!!! And on that BONGshell it's time to end, er, man! GOODNIGHT"

I feel a race coming on. "Which is the best way to get back from Amsterdam to the TG Studio with 2kg of skunk without getting the rubber glove treatment from HM Customs and Excise?"

James picks the Citroen C3 Picasso with all it's useful storage bins but get's stuck in the one-way system in Antwerp, Hammond has his woven into a shirt and some fetching hair extensions before hitch-hiking only to be kidnapped by a carload of fat girls from Barnsley on their way back from a hen party, and Clarkson in the SL Black gets so frustrated by the endless stream of caravans on the M20 that he pulls over at Ashford for a smoke where he is found several days later trembling and demanding lots of chocolate and crisps.

To be followed back in the studio by "We started the show with the question 'Drug Trafficking - how hard can it be' to which the answer is 'Leave it to the cartels'!!! And on that BONGshell it's time to end, er, man! GOODNIGHT"

wow, the bong thing was great, i love the idea, but, im convinced that james would find a way to prove that going from amsterdam to london would be faster if he went through Moscow. im inspired because i just watched the Limo challenge yesterday.:lol: