June 13th - please take note VUK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

transtek

mexico-land of tequila and big hats (but secretly
Car(s)
Nissan Pathfinder, Chevrolet Monza, Ninja 600
Viper and VUK
Just watched the June 6th episode, very good, where else on earth would they test cars on a wet and windy beach than in the UK? You've just got to admire them!!! (can you imagine Car and Driver testing on a South Cal beach in the rain???).
Right at the end Jeremy said that next week's episode will be on at 10:00 p.m. GMT, so let VUK know so he doesn't miss it!!!!
And then it will be off for 3 weeks, then back for 4, then off again... not sure what's happening, but we've got to keep a close eye on those TV schedules over the coming months!!!
Cheers again guys!

He knows. :)

And they are off for 3 weeks due to soccer (aka football) games I believe.

Yeah. :?

its great that its off for 3 weeks as im away in spain for them weeks, timed or what :D. I was at that beach they filmed on for the last 8 days, but i didnt see them, its quite large (actually its fucking massive, esp at low tied when i was there mosly)

man i been watchin that sand/aqua sliding segment over and over, am sooooo tempted to go and give it a go...... hmmmmmm, might go next weekend and take a vid cam with me.... am a little apprehensive though, dont wanna flip my car :? will see what my mates say, see if they wanna come :lol:

I am going to go as well, not soon though :D

well im gonna be that way soon (2 weeks) as im going to swansea, and pinniden sands or however u spell it is about 30min west of it (i think, 99% sure). Will have a phone round mates tomorrow. if i do go ill cam it, avi it and post it (maybe, see how things go)

Synaethesia said:
man i been watchin that sand/aqua sliding segment over and over, am sooooo tempted to go and give it a go...... hmmmmmm, might go next weekend and take a vid cam with me.... am a little apprehensive though, dont wanna flip my car :? will see what my mates say, see if they wanna come :lol:

dont do it.....a couple of my friends got the same bright idea to do it with his dad's brand new focus and one of the front tires got stuck in a small sand hole kinda thing and it flipped the ar over and hi out hru the windscreen....(the moron wasnt wearing seat belt ) ...i think he broke the front suspension and the steering.....pretty much totalled a new car

I wanted to know about that, wouldn't the car kind of sink into the sand? It looks really fun as long as I don't do it in my own car.

i guess the cars used in TG had wide tires, jag, porsche, BMW.

focus has thin wheels and will sink easier

VUK said:
i guess the cars used in TG had wide tires, jag, porsche, BMW.

focus has thin wheels and will sink easier

what we didnt see was the number of times those cars got stuck in sand too.. (the porsche got stuck 1 time fo sure) plus sea water can really really mess up your car......plus if you get stuck in high tide you can kiss ur car good bye

actually at high tide i dont think the beech is actually there. If they filmed it when i think they did then it was a very low tide (i know coz my gf is a marine biologist and has to do experiments at these times) Its still very tempting. i think as long as u keep moving u wont get stuck. Ill use my motobike helmet and will use a seat belt i aint stoopid.... ill think about it :twisted:

a couple of my friends got the same bright idea to do it with his dad's brand new focus and one of the front tires got stuck in a small sand hole kinda thing and it flipped the ar over and hi out hru the windscreen....(the moron wasnt wearing seat belt ) ...i think he broke the front suspension and the steering.....pretty much totalled a new car

LMAO!!! If they got that on cam it would instantly become a classic homevideo :lol:

BTW I totally missed the show on BBC! Turned on the TV at 9pm (CET), then wait and wait... nothing... then I thought they probably were off on vacation for the summer... Glad I can come here and dload the rip :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.