Jurassic World

for example the big brother who starts the film missing his girlfriend and then promptly starts flirting with every single girl he sees in the film, the little brother who starts crying for no reason other than suspecting that the parents are divorcing, a plot thread that comes out of nowhere and isn't even referenced for the rest of the film
I don't think the older brother ever really missed his girlfriend back home. She was written in a way that made her seem clingy and possessive, and his reaction seemed to imply he was only too happy to get away from her. Besides, he's what? 17 years old? Makes sense he would stare at every pretty girl while on vacation in the tropics.

The divorce thing I assumed was more fan service, since the sibling kids from the first film were also taking a trip away from their parents who were getting divorced. Of course, there was no weeping and crying about it.

The CGI is shockingly bad and it doesn't come anywhere close to the feel of the first Jurassic Park film. It's worth watching but don't go in thinking you're about to see the film of the year.

I didn't find the CGI any worse than any other summer action movie in recent years. For me the biggest issue with CGI isn't the CGI itself, but the amount of it. Back in the day they only used it sparingly, when they had no real choice. Nowadays filmmakers want to show it off, for long uninterrupted periods of time that gives the audience way too much time to notice the flaws. One of these days hollywood will catch on to the fact that audiences are simply not impressed anymore.

Saw it yesterday, I really don't understand some of the critisisms on here, it was awesome!

Sure the divorce thing was lobbed in for no reason, sure some of the characters were so cartoony they were barely tolerable....the Ngen guy comes to mind, but apart from that? One giant JP throwback!

Trip down memory lane in a modern jacket, my inner 6 year old was pleased, what more can you expect from a summer blockbuster, when's the sequel?

I didn't find the CGI any worse than any other summer action movie in recent years. For me the biggest issue with CGI isn't the CGI itself, but the amount of it. Back in the day they only used it sparingly, when they had no real choice. Nowadays filmmakers want to show it off, for long uninterrupted periods of time that gives the audience way too much time to notice the flaws. One of these days hollywood will catch on to the fact that audiences are simply not impressed anymore.

Yeah, way too much CGI. Nolan for example does it way better, as did George Miller with Fury Road. CGI should complement filming and make the impossible possible, not be everything in a film (I'm looking at you George Lucas!).