Just Bought a 2007 GTI!

Zuhaib

Car(s)
19 BMW X3
Yes, after a crazy shopping at the dealer, i got the car i wanted a 07 GTI!! Photos first, story some other time

Spec:
Package #2
DSG 6 Speed
18in Rims with Summer Tires
iPod Kits (Dealer Install 2m).

She is damn fun, fast and quick. Picked it up with 33 miles and right now she has 140 miles. Still have to baby her, i hope to get over 1000 miles soon.

I really like the interior of the GTI. Most cars twice the price don't look as good inside.

SWEET! Congratulations! I love the color. and how IS that DSG?

Ach! Das ist ein autobox! Das ist nicht gut! I don't really care if DSG is faster than a manual, nothing is better than a manual overall.

Other than that, very nice car :)

Cool Momo-esque wheel too.

Congrats!

I thought the US GTI's were going to get the standard suspension for 07? Your car still looks like it has the 'jacked up' USA only suspension setup. Still, one of the sweetest cars on the road today.

I'd take a 5 door GTI in that color with a 5 speed in a heartbeat. Sweet. More pics ftw!

I'm going to come over to San Fran, bash you up, steal your keys and then take your car for a cross America road trip. Then I'll return it and fly home.

That colour looks really smooth on it too.

Great car, i must admit to a slight hint of jealousy :)

Really love the new GTI, especially with all the retro-stuff... I still think it's a shame they left the golfball gearknob out...

Man, I want that car. I might get it soon, probably not though.

Is it as awesome as they say it is? They're just so common here now though, that's the only problem.

I am liking the DSG A lot. I have not gotten to play with it much because its not broken in yet so i am taking it easy, but for one thing when its in D mode it is really smooth while driving. The shifts and etc are very well timed and feels like a normal auto box, its no S Class but good. Only time its not smooth is off the line, which you feel a small shutter, which is really noticeable on hills like a manual.
The few times i have placed it in manual mode, the shifts are super fast. A lot different then the Tiptronic i had on my 03 VW Passat V6 4 Motion, this is really fast and you can feel it. I told myself my next car will be a manual for sure, but after test driving the GTI with DSG i just felt that this might be the car where i can have the best of both Auto and Manual. The DSG is pricey as its a $1k option.
Suspension wise i will have to check but two things, first the car as 18in rims with are not standard (well these where installed by VW at port, but i understand 17in are the std) and i live on a hill and my driveway is not flat. So if i take a pic of any of my cars on my driveway, it will make them look like they sit funny.
But since you brought that up, i am going to the mkV forums to find out. But right now, she is a bouncy ride compared to the S Class.

Love the colour!

...lucky bum

Ach! Das ist ein autobox! Das ist nicht gut! I don't really care if DSG is faster than a manual, nothing is better than a manual overall.

Narcolepsy never asked for your opinion on the DSG :rolleyes:

Very nice car, if i lived in SF, i'd prob rock the DSG too, those hills are murder on clutches.

Ed

Yeah, seriously. The biggest turn off for me in terms of manual transmissions are the idiot fanboys who will accept nothing more, nothing less.

id love to hear more about the driving impressions of that car,

ill admit i get a little jealous every time i see one of those on the road, which is rather unusual for a German car! The A3 is freaking great to behold as well, pity the S3 is a dog, and that we can only get AWD with the heavy ass 3.2 in america

Well Done!

Well Done!

I got the 2006, same color and options. Amazing Car. You Euro guys have to take not of the obscene wheel space between tire and fender. Due to some inane DOT regulation, the headlights on the euro spec GTI are or were too high.
I had to drop mine. A great car!
We have an '05 A4 w/ the sport package, and the DSG vs A4 auto is just amazing. The DGS is by far a superior system. The VW is also much more fun to drive, except in the snow, where the A4 is flat out fantastic.

@ Shawn:
It is so beyond what they say it is. Sooo beyond. Puts the A4 to shame...

You will have years of fun in CA. driving that car around.
Congrats!
:mrgreen:

Last edited:
I am liking the DSG A lot...

Suspension wise i will have to check but two things, first the car as 18in rims with are not standard (well these where installed by VW at port, but i understand 17in are the std) and i live on a hill and my driveway is not flat. So if i take a pic of any of my cars on my driveway, it will make them look like they sit funny.
But since you brought that up, i am going to the mkV forums to find out. But right now, she is a bouncy ride compared to the S Class.

Glad you like it. I think the 18" are standard in the UK? Good point on the driveway angle. I'd be really interested in the views of the forums on whats going on with the US suspension.

Nice nice nice all the same.

nice car...i really like the new GTI, ecpecially in that color or white or orange