Just Bought a 2007 GTI!

How much did you pay for it? Also anyone like the the color White on the GTI?

I love the candy white... my favourite colour on the GTI.

Must... resist.... commenting.... about.... a... VW... Golf.... driver..... in.... San Francisco.....

Golfs are considered gay?

Golfs are considered gay?

Alas, yes.

San Francisco is considered to be the gayest city in the US, if not the world. SF's own tourism bureau and chamber of commerce confirm that.

Add to that the fact that VW USA has been marketing the Golf heavily to gay men (since the "couch" commercial a few years back and today using gay-specific advertising in several gay magazines).....

"Gay" car + "Gay" city = .... well, you do the math.

There's nothing wrong with being gay, for that matter. It's just amusing when someone appears to fill all the stereotypes.

Well how can anyone see you when your going a million miles per hour.

If he drives it in SF traffic, more like 10 mph on the freeway at rush hour - and in SF proper, the streets are such that you really can't go that fast in most places.

The GTi is hardly the gay model of the range. Perhaps the 1.6L petrol? Hell, at least he hasn't bought a bettle.

Gay? Me.. Haha.. Here is my other baby

I think you are thinking of the Bug dude, but i dont care.. I am born and raised in San Francisco so i love this city. We are a lot more then just the gay capital, we have some really hot ladies.
Also this coming from a guy that own multiple jags... One S-Type drove me nuts, i dont know how a bunch of jags will keep you sane.

I get the feeling this only matters to people who don't live here and/or dont own a GTI.

oh my..

nice car, congrats mate!

Very nice.
But Im wondering, do you miss the 4motion ? I mean, how would you compare the 4wd car you had to the fwd you have now ? On dry asphalt. Does all of the power get transfered to the ground, is taking the corners less sure-footed now, general impression ?

Last edited:
Nice choice. Jeremy's favourite hot hatch, and the 3 door, quicker and cheaper! 8)

Very nice.
But Im wondering, do you miss the 4motion ? I mean, how would you compare the 4wd car you had to the fwd you have now ? On dry asphalt. Does all of the power get transfered to the ground, is taking the corners less sure-footed now, general impression ?

Well i stop driving the Passat 4Mo for a while, as i had a Jag S-Type and then the Merc S500 (well i still have her) so i was getting used to RWD a lot. But if i was to compare the two, i feel a lot more comfortable in the GTI then the Passat. My Passat was stock, and yeah the AWD was there when you screwed up but it was just not sport. It was Heavy and big, yeah it was a load of fun and i would throw it in to the bends a lot, but the GTI is a whole new monster.

The AWD still overstreer a lot, but to a limit and then it would correct itself, vs the GTI if ESP is turned off it will oversteer at the limit if you just on the gas and turning, so it needs a little work. The Jag on the other hand, would also oversteer but you could correct it by slamming on the gas =D And the Merc, will it has offset rims so it has a nice bite in turns, but really why would i be treating a Merc like that =P

That being said, when it rains i let off a lot more then with the Passat 4Mo. The GTI has Summer Only tires vs the Passat i had Sport All Weather. Once in a while when my sister comes down from Davis i will drive the Passat and its still a hoot (tho she has beat on it pretty bad) esp in the rain. But it does not snow here at all, just rain so a FWD or RWD car is just fine. Maybe if i was putting out major power, it woiuld matter.