Just bought HL2 off Steam

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I had it pre-ordered on EBGames, but I couldn't wait to play, so I cancelled it and bought it on Steam. :D

Downloading CS:S now. 8)

hey dude why dontu jsut wait for a while for somone to put it on a torrent site and get it for free?

A - I support good games and games I like. This game will fucking own.
B - See A.
C - Steam games are a lot harder to pirate than normal games. Not to mention you can't play online with a rip.
D - Again, I support companies that make good games.

:lol: :lol:

Must say, you are a marketers dream. (Myself) Or developers/investors ...

haz

How would you feel if you worked hard on a game and everyone just stole it?

Buying games insures that that company will continue to be around and keep creating good games.

But I'm on your side, and I do agree.

"Fuckers" like jasonchiu and Bone who just mooch shit are the ones who put poles in the wheels for further development for new games etc...

haz

haz said:
"Fuckers" like jasonchiu and Bone who just mooch shit are the ones who put poles in the wheels for further development for new games etc...
Exactly. :)

oi! btw u can play CS with a rip one, i jsut steal cd keys off cyber cafes and put it on my one

:lol: And not CS:Source. It's Steam based like all new Valve games.

Well, you can... kinda. You can only play on cracked servers.

Regardless, it was worth the money. I buy games I like. :)

jasonchiu said:
oi! btw u can play CS with a rip one, i jsut steal cd keys off cyber cafes and put it on my one
^ So you are one of those bastards! :evil: With the last few games I've bought, when I go to play online I get the dreaded "CD Key is already registered" message - with a brand new shrink-wrapped copy of the game! :evil: And all the e-mails, phone calls to tech support etc. you get to do afterwards trying to get a new CD-key is so much fun.... :evil:

If you're going to pirate single player games, go ahead. You're hurting the company, but atleast your not hurting any other customers. If you are pirating online games, you are nothing but a bastard.

zenon said:
If you're going to pirate single player games, go ahead. You're hurting the company, but atleast your not hurting any other customers. If you are pirating online games, you are nothing but a bastard.

Even though I don't play online games (let alone any games) I gotta agree with Zenon.

o well, i am in hong kong so i am not takin ur CD Key "bastard" and i mean at least u getting full use of what u paid for all that customer serivce :lol:

It doesn't matter if you are in Hong Kong. It doesn't matter where in the world you live. If you are pirating an online game's CD-key, chances are some consumer is going to open up a box that has that CD-key printed on the case.

The algorithms companies use for creating CD-keys don't usually create more than what they are going to print so you are almost always directly effecting a consumer somewhere in the world.

Again, I can understand people's apathy towards ripping off major corporations, but it's completely different when you are directly effecting a consumer. :|

no boy...i get it from interent cafe...they have real games....i take their ones... not yours...it will never be urs.....

Viper007Bond said:
A - I support good games and games I like. This game will fucking own.
B - See A.
C - Steam games are a lot harder to pirate than normal games. Not to mention you can't play online with a rip.
D - Again, I support companies that make good games.

Wooo hl2 comes out in 9 days ^_^

I agree with viper btw ... support the good games .. pirate the crappy ones. The industry will eventually weed out the crappy game designers ... we're just helping them along :)

viper...how much is it pre-register