• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Just bought HL2 off Steam

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I had it pre-ordered on EBGames, but I couldn't wait to play, so I cancelled it and bought it on Steam. :D

Downloading CS:S now. 8)

hey dude why dontu jsut wait for a while for somone to put it on a torrent site and get it for free?

A - I support good games and games I like. This game will fucking own.
B - See A.
C - Steam games are a lot harder to pirate than normal games. Not to mention you can't play online with a rip.
D - Again, I support companies that make good games.

:lol: :lol:

Must say, you are a marketers dream. (Myself) Or developers/investors ...

haz

How would you feel if you worked hard on a game and everyone just stole it?

Buying games insures that that company will continue to be around and keep creating good games.

But I'm on your side, and I do agree.

"Fuckers" like jasonchiu and Bone who just mooch shit are the ones who put poles in the wheels for further development for new games etc...

haz

haz said:
"Fuckers" like jasonchiu and Bone who just mooch shit are the ones who put poles in the wheels for further development for new games etc...
Exactly. :)

oi! btw u can play CS with a rip one, i jsut steal cd keys off cyber cafes and put it on my one

:lol: And not CS:Source. It's Steam based like all new Valve games.

Well, you can... kinda. You can only play on cracked servers.

Regardless, it was worth the money. I buy games I like. :)

jasonchiu said:
oi! btw u can play CS with a rip one, i jsut steal cd keys off cyber cafes and put it on my one
^ So you are one of those bastards! :evil: With the last few games I've bought, when I go to play online I get the dreaded "CD Key is already registered" message - with a brand new shrink-wrapped copy of the game! :evil: And all the e-mails, phone calls to tech support etc. you get to do afterwards trying to get a new CD-key is so much fun.... :evil:

If you're going to pirate single player games, go ahead. You're hurting the company, but atleast your not hurting any other customers. If you are pirating online games, you are nothing but a bastard.

zenon said:
If you're going to pirate single player games, go ahead. You're hurting the company, but atleast your not hurting any other customers. If you are pirating online games, you are nothing but a bastard.

Even though I don't play online games (let alone any games) I gotta agree with Zenon.

o well, i am in hong kong so i am not takin ur CD Key "bastard" and i mean at least u getting full use of what u paid for all that customer serivce :lol:

It doesn't matter if you are in Hong Kong. It doesn't matter where in the world you live. If you are pirating an online game's CD-key, chances are some consumer is going to open up a box that has that CD-key printed on the case.

The algorithms companies use for creating CD-keys don't usually create more than what they are going to print so you are almost always directly effecting a consumer somewhere in the world.

Again, I can understand people's apathy towards ripping off major corporations, but it's completely different when you are directly effecting a consumer. :|

no boy...i get it from interent cafe...they have real games....i take their ones... not yours...it will never be urs.....

Viper007Bond said:
A - I support good games and games I like. This game will fucking own.
B - See A.
C - Steam games are a lot harder to pirate than normal games. Not to mention you can't play online with a rip.
D - Again, I support companies that make good games.

Wooo hl2 comes out in 9 days ^_^

I agree with viper btw ... support the good games .. pirate the crappy ones. The industry will eventually weed out the crappy game designers ... we're just helping them along :)

viper...how much is it pre-register