Just bought HL2 off Steam

modemide said:
Viper007Bond said:
A - I support good games and games I like. This game will fucking own.
B - See A.
C - Steam games are a lot harder to pirate than normal games. Not to mention you can't play online with a rip.
D - Again, I support companies that make good games.

Wooo hl2 comes out in 9 days ^_^

I agree with viper btw ... support the good games .. pirate the crappy ones. The industry will eventually weed out the crappy game designers ... we're just helping them along :)

Cant agree more! The HL2 guys have really worked hard on this one, delaying release so they could get it right. I have no problem with laying out cash for this title.

Viper007Bond said:
A - I support good games and games I like. This game will fucking own.
B - See A.
C - Steam games are a lot harder to pirate than normal games. Not to mention you can't play online with a rip.
D - Again, I support companies that make good games.

They started working on the game 5 years ago and had to deal with so much crap (between concept bugs, Axel the hacker and VU lawsuits) Im surprised that its actually done now happy but surprised. They had big dreams with that physics engine, they wanted realism and interaction inside the game. not just with gravity and object physics, but they wanted objects to be more then props in the background so just about everything in the game can be interacted with in some way (which had to be a huge beta testing nightmare). They wanted the CG characters to have realistic facial expressions and realistic AI. From what Ive seen they pulled it off.

The SDK has already been released and the game is cracked but Gabe is one person I wont thieve from. In an industry that puts game after game out with zero interest other then the bottom line (*cough*EA*cough*) Gabe has always been there for the fans. He and the rest of the folks at Valve have put their hearts into this game. They set out to build another game of the year because fans deserve more then just a sequel to keep them happy. This is definitely a buy game..... Gabe is getting my money because he earned it.

They're gonna make tons back from other companies desperately wanting to use the Source engine. There is already a game out which has made good use of it. Vampires The Mascarade or something. Somes more like a CCG to me :p

Valve is going to make money with Steam as well by circumventing the publisher and making a direct sale. If you want to support Valve buy the game from Steam. I ordered mine on CD?. Not that I don?t want to support Valve, Im just not too sure about Steam yet. So far it looks like everything works but they haven?t unlocked the game yet. Once the game has been unlocked and people have installed/reformatted/reinstalled with no problems and can fully access their accounts with no problems then Ill buy Valve stuff from Steam.... Until then Ill take the CD :D.

Just an edit.... if you buy the CD, after you register with Steam you can download the game with Steam incase you would like scratch a CD or your just too lazy to use all 6 CD's :D