• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Just bought my 1.st ever digi-cam, is it any good??!

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P43

sonydscp436iu.jpg

Dimentions: (BxDxH) 10.1 cm x 3.6 cm x 5.4 cm
Weight: 134 g
Flash-mem: 16 MB
Flashmem. support: Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO
Pixels: 4.1 megapixel
Blend"thingy" F/2.8
Focusadjusment: auto/manual
Digital Zoom 3 x
Microphone: built in - electret-condensator
Cam.search: Optical, real photo
Screen: LCD display - TFT active matrise - 1.5" - colour
Supported Battery 2 x AA NiMH rechargable

This is my first ever digi-cam, so since I'm a real nooooob, I thought this would be a good choice. Price: $190 (ca.)

So, good cam / bad cam ??? (be honest, you pro's ;))

haz

I tend to shy away from the mini-cams as I they usually lack some features, but that one looks pretty good. :)

Looks good, I have an old Canon Powershit A30 with 1.2MegaPixels and I'm happy with the quality. I would get some more memory, I hav 128mb and at 1024px it's enough for me.

Wow very nice. Congratulations.
My friend bought one of these at Xmas and they are nice :lol:
He said its a really good camera and so has had no probs with it.
Well its a Sony, so you cant really go wrong. :thumbsup:

yea, Sony has always been the best, and other big companies seem to buy their technology and just follow them ...

Can't wait to get my hands on it (bought it through a netshop...much much cheaper) and take my first pics :) I'll be sure to post 'em here, so yall can mock me :lol:

haz

Jostyrostelli said:
Looks good, I have an old Canon Powershit A30 with 1.2MegaPixels and I'm happy with the quality. I would get some more memory, I hav 128mb and at 1024px it's enough for me.
Dude, I have an A10, so... :p

(Okay, so I usually steal my dad's A40, but still.)

haz said:
yea, Sony has always been the best, and other big companies seem to buy their technology and just follow them ...
Uh... not when it comes to cameras. Canon is the best IMO, especially due to their superior lenses.

Viper007Bond said:
haz said:
Uh... not when it comes to cameras. Canon is the best IMO, especially due to their superior lenses.

oh, sorry. You're right. I was thinking Sony more in general, such as radio, tv, stereos etc... They are, (the brand Sony) in my mind, a quality "stamp", and I tend to let that dominate in a situation where I have a choice ...

I know this cam has been sold in thousands in Oslo only ... so I'm pritty certain I'll be happy with it.

Btw, do anyone here buy expensive stuff, such as technology from the webshops?? They're so much cheaper than regualr stores, here at least ... (due to that they don't need a "middle"stop, such as stocks ..)

haz

btw, I just found this great site for all cams out there, it seems ...

http://www.dpreview.com/

click "reviews" for reviews(!) of your cam ...

haz

Yeah, stuff is usually cheaper online.

Yup, I buy my stuff online usually. Much cheaper and the price comparison etc. is so easy... Last bought my laptop and Camera (Cheap, small Sony cybershot).

Not too bad, that's a nice little cam for the family and taking pics at christmas...

can't expect too much from in though as I'm pretty sure you can't add lenses or even filters on it and does it have a manual mode?

I was looking at the P32 when I bought my camera, and as always the Canon optics proved to be superior, and I prefered the ergonomics too..

but well, for the price it doesn't seem too bad.

My favorite review site is http://www.imaging-resource.com look at their "ComparoMeter"

Hmm, can't be that bad... Unless you wanna go ambitious...

I got a P72, so I kind of like Sonys...

Buba

I don't have any ambitions, for now at least ... you never know!

How do you like the P72??

haz

haz said:
How do you like the P72??

I really like it... Picture quality is not that important to me...
I mostly do party pics with it, never more than 2 Mpix... I can do well over 300 shots all with flash and rechecking them on the screen. I just don't need more right now 8)

Still, I would love to have a P150... The objective is really shooting out of it... Hella fast cam...

Buba